Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2016, 12:44   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread

Hello Hydeez :

Starting a new thread for all meets for 2017. We can discuss all plans and meets here

Please subscribe to this thread so you don't miss any meets in 2017 and hopefully we will have many combination (drive, food, sports etc) meets in 2017

Starting with 1st meet of 2017 which will be a sunday brunch planned on Jan 22nd, 2017

Adding the shortlisted places below. Feel free to add more places that you think deserve to be visited for this sunday brunch meet

1. Golden Dragon (2000 per head)

2. Mamagoto (1000 per head)

Keeping chiming in here with your thoughts and recommendations

See you all on Jan 22nd

Happy New Year in advance !!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2016 at 16:36. Reason: typo corrected
Old 28th December 2016, 15:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

1. Golden Dragon (2000 per head)

2. Mamagoto (1000 per head)
3.Grand Trunk Road (Image Garden Road,down the road after Vera Pizzeria towards Palamuru Grills)

The 2017 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-gt.jpg

If its the Mamagoto at Kondapur, afaik they dont do a buffet on Sundays? Its only Mon-Fri. Even Dhaba by Claridges which is next door to Mamagoto (same group-Azure Hospitality) does a buffet only Mon-Fri when I checked with them. Else Dhaba was a very good option, excellent food.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Typos
Old 28th December 2016, 15:43   #3
BHPian

Thanks for taking the initiative Avi ! Count me in for 22nd Jan lunch...

The meet is less about the food and the money we spend, and more about meeting other BHPians. Having said that, I vote for "Grand Trunk Road" as I have never been here before.
Old 29th December 2016, 09:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If its the Mamagoto at Kondapur,afaik they dont do a buffet on Sundays?its only Mon-Fri.
Mamagoto Kondapur has a sunday buffet. They did so, till November, for sure. Might have cancelled it due to lack of patronage.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 29th December 2016 at 09:24.
Old 29th December 2016, 09:54   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
3.Grand Trunk Road (Image Garden Road,down the road after Vera Pizzeria towards Palamuru Grills)
GTR should a good option and lets add it to the list

But, a sunday brunch without soft beverages is not a sunday brunch so lets look for options accordingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Thanks for taking the initiative Avi Count me in for 22nd Jan lunch...The meet is less about the food and the money we spend, and more about meeting other BHPians. Having said that, I vote for "Grand Trunk Road" as I have never been here before.
Thanks! Let's make it a success this time around like last time.Keep the recommendations for places coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Mamagoto Kondapur has a sunday buffet. They did so, till November, for sure. Might have cancelled it due to lack of patronage.
Yes. And, it was patronized by Rajesh as well at a lucrative pricing of INR 999/- inclusive of beverages

Is this deal off now? Can't we speak to them and organize for us if the headcount is 25?
Old 29th December 2016, 14:49   #6
BHPian

Count me in too. Have heard good things about the brunch at Mamagoto. But, any other place is fine too.

Also, Like Mobike008 said, a Sunday brunch is not a Sunday brunch without soft beverages, I vote for any place which has soft beverages available on the menu.

Cheers.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th December 2016 at 15:35. Reason: Please avoid discussing alcohol on forum :)
Old 29th December 2016, 20:21   #7
BHPian

Count me in, I am excited and don't want to miss my first TBHP meet at any cost.

Heard about this place couple of times but yet to visit:

http://driven.cafe/

Its a cafe with a car enthusiasts ambiance. Definitely not a place for lunch, but we can stopover for a coffee for sure.
Old 30th December 2016, 09:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
Also, Like Mobike008 said, a Sunday brunch is not a Sunday brunch without soft beverages, I vote for any place which has soft beverages available on the menu.
+ 1. A sunday brunch is a long leisurely meal and perfect occasion to have long conversations and meet new people

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Count me in, I am excited and don't want to miss my first TBHP meet at any cost. http://driven.cafe/
I think Driven is NOT a place to get excited. It's a just a place where some fancy cars and bikes are parked to attract people to their cafes.

Been there multiple times. Perfect place for young teenagers to gawk at those exotics...Btw, It serves only VEG food

What : Team-BHP Sunday Brunch
When : Sunday, Jan 22nd, 2017
Where : TBD

Confirmed List

1. Mobike008
2. Hyd_Traveller
3. Shifu
4. Speedmunster
5. Livetodrive

Copy paste and add your name to above list
Old 30th December 2016, 10:57   #9
BHPian

Love to catch up. Any place is good for me.

Confirmed List

1. Mobike008
2. Hyd_Traveller
3. Shifu
4. Speedmunster
5. Livetodrive
6. joelchandra

Copy paste and add your name to above list
Old 30th December 2016, 11:37   #10
BHPian

I am in, any place is fine with me. It would be my first Team BHP meet , looking forward to see you all .
Old 30th December 2016, 13:34   #11

I am in as well. This would be my first Team BHP meet as well. Excited to see you all at the venue.

My two cents regarding "Dhaba by Claridges". I had been there yesterday, 12/29, as part of a company team lunch and below are my observations (just in case the place is in for consideration):

1. For a meeting, the place is a little loud with music playing all the time. The playlist were mostly fast numbers and the volume was a little on the louder side. That is considering the purpose of the visit. For a team lunch, it was fine as everyone knew each other but for a meet when people want to catch up with each other and get to know each other, it might be a bit of a hindrance. Totally my personal opinion. Might be that on other times, they do keep it low and play slow songs.

2. We had the buffet, which as @ranjitp1 mentioned, is only from Monday to Friday. The Starters are excellent, in both non-veg and veg. The Main Course is ok-ok. However, when we did order one dish out of the buffet menu, sarso da saag and makkai roti, separately, it was tasty. So i do believe that a good choice from the menu would pay good dividends.

3. The place is a little on the dark side though the ambiance is good. Not the best in town but still its a good and cozy place to have lunches with family and friends.

4. Cost wise, it will fall into the budget we are currently working. So should not be an issue.

1. Mobike008
2. Hyd_Traveller
3. Shifu
4. Speedmunster
5. Livetodrive
6. joelchandra
7. Nanometer
8. gopal.nishant89
Old 30th December 2016, 15:57   #12
BHPian

Please count me in. This would be my first TeamBhp meet and I'm looking forward for it.

1. Mobike008
2. Hyd_Traveller
3. Shifu
4. Speedmunster
5. Livetodrive
6. joelchandra
7. Nanometer
8. gopal.nishant89
9. abhiram.soma
Old 30th December 2016, 17:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.nishant89 View Post
My two cents regarding "Dhaba by Claridges".
We are contemplating Mamagoto, neighbour and sister concern of Azure Hospitality who also own Dhaba by Claridges.
I will talk to Vineet Kochar 10/15 days before the event and revert with what extras he can throw in for us at Mamagoto.
Else, let's stick to Golden Dragon @ Taj Krishna. But. Will Taj be a Taj without Lucifer1881's presence.
Old 31st December 2016, 09:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

What : Team-BHP Sunday Brunch
When : Sunday, Jan 22nd, 2017
Where : TBD

Confirmed List

1. Mobike008
2. Hyd_Traveller
3. Shifu
4. Speedmunster
5. Livetodrive
6. joelchandra
7. Nanometer
8. gopal.nishant89
9. abhiram.soma

Nice ! The meet is shaping up pretty good. If the numbers go up to a total of 20 then we can negotiate with any hotel for a good deal

Bajaj Saab : Let's stick to Mamagoto for now and hold off GD for an offline meet after Rohit is back. What say?

Any other hotel recommendations for a brunch? Think guys; think
Old 31st December 2016, 13:06   #15

Please count me in too. My first team bhp meet! so excited!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks