Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 12:37   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai -> Lonavla meet & drive on Sunday, 11th June

It was great to have a meet after a long time! The drive up to Lonavla was good fun. I even managed to keep up to Tanveer in his 530d. The Punto Abarth as always, gets major respect for what its capable of. Unfortunately I had to be back home for lunch, so had to leave pretty much as soon as we got there. Was great meeting everyone. Hoping for another monsoon drive (maybe we can try Sheetal dhaba next time, its owned by the same people as Sunnys and less crowded) soon, how about next month?
Old 13th June 2017, 13:26   #137
BHPian

hello,

it was pleasure meeting most of the Bhpians, i could not spend time as we ourself had a small polo gt club meet, but pleasure to see huge turn out for the meet, it was nostalgic as few years back we had a bigger night meet, as always lots of fun driving up to lonavala , great to meet GTO after such a long time.

hope more such meets happen in future and get to spend more time with each one who attends the meet.

until then drive safe and keep revving.

Last edited by The Saint : 13th June 2017 at 13:36.
Old 13th June 2017, 13:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
it was pleasure meeting most of the Bhpians, i could not spend time as we ourself had a small polo gt club meet
I landed up to the sight of a whole bunch of people huddled around your Polo, mad respect for the work done on that car inside and out. Very tastefully done Polo, reeked of class.
Old 13th June 2017, 13:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I landed up to the sight of a whole bunch of people huddled around your Polo, mad respect for the work done on that car inside and out. Very tastefully done Polo, reeked of class.
thanks a lot bro, i am happy that everyone liked the car, all the hard work is paid off when people like the work. next time if time permits will take you out for a spin for you to feel how good its to be in it

cheers
Old 13th June 2017, 13:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
next time if time permits will take you out for a spin for you to feel how good its to be in it
I'd love that, I'm sure it'll be every bit as phenomenal as I imagine it to be. Look forward to it. Until then, drive safe!
Old 13th June 2017, 23:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

Was a fun drive for sure. This was my Punto's first month and first highway trip. I'm totally in love with it now after seeing how effortlessly it drove on the E-way and ghats.

Also, I absolutely loved the sound of the barking CLS 63 AMG in the tunnel. Also, it was very fascinating to learn about The Saint's GT. I'm sure it'll take way more expensive cars by surprise on an open road

Finally, I didn't really get a chance to meet everyone, but it was great catching up with the mods and the few familiar ones as well as meet many new BHPians. We should definitely have these more often.

@GTO 1 request - next time when planning another meet, could you please send a mass PM to the Mumbai/Pune guys or put it up on the homepage? I almost missed this meet.
Old 14th June 2017, 10:18   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Was a fun drive for sure. This was my Punto's first month and first highway trip. I'm totally in love with it now after seeing how effortlessly it drove on the E-way and ghats.
Congratulations once again, was a pleasant surprise seeing you in the Abarth
Old 14th June 2017, 11:33   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Let's explore some offbeat locations with good goods. But before that, we have to head out on the Nashik highway once. After you pay the 100 buck toll, the road to Igatpuri is good. And lots of places to chill & eat on the way back.,s crazy!
Thats a great Idea! Just waiting for such an event to happen near Nasik. This will give an opportunity to all the BHPians from Nasik to be a part of the meet. And I always look forward to drive on this way.Though I am not sure there are many BHPians in Nasik!
Old 14th June 2017, 13:31   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh! I missed out on so much fun! I'm attending next time for sure, visiting relatives or not!
Old 14th June 2017, 14:37   #145
Team-BHP Support

For such a big meet, you guys haven't uploaded a lot of pics. Please do !
Old 14th June 2017, 15:07   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
maybe we can try Sheetal dhaba next time, its owned by the same people as Sunnys and less crowded
Ah, the same Wadhwani family? Never knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
@GTO 1 request - next time when planning another meet, could you please send a mass PM to the Mumbai/Pune guys or put it up on the homepage?
Can't, buddy.

1. Mass PM is used *only* for very important announcements. Could use it for a Team-BHP Meet, but only if it's a national meet or something big.

2. Likewise with Hot Threads. Only the crème de la crème threads go there (including our meet report ). Cannot announce a meet on the hot threads though.

Subscribe to the Team-BHP Meets forum, will you . Or log into Team-BHP at least once every 3 days and go through the 'new topics'.
Old 15th June 2017, 22:35   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Could use it for a Team-BHP Meet, but only if it's a national meet or something big.
Is there any such plan in the queue. Would be super interested to join.
It's good to see so many like minded petrol heads discuss about one common topic. Good work to the photographers in the team for covering the absolute emotion.
And those images of Abarth, fiat has a very special place.

Last edited by ARAY : 15th June 2017 at 22:36.
Old 18th June 2017, 02:23   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Blacked out 320d (Was this AjayS?)

That is me indeed !! Thank you for this lovely click. And thank you for managing the show so well. Not to forget, the cashback

It was a great meet and a pleasure to meet fellow BHPians. Looking forward to more such Sundays, hopefully amidst rains. Who doesn't like a touch of romance, specially when we all are so much in love with our cars
Old 20th June 2017, 10:43   #149
Team-BHP Support

Gents, despite the infamous cashback offer, there was still Rs. 900 unclaimed.

So rather than splitting it amongst 30+ people, I've donated it to charity in the name of one Mr. Team BHP

Mumbai -> Lonavla meet & drive on Sunday, 11th June-screenshot-20170620103809.png
Old 20th June 2017, 13:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Mods - The meet that happened brought out one important thing. T shirts with either embroidered handle names or printed ones. I am sure it must have been a pain to know the person by reading the pinned handle names. I request you to plan for the T-Shirts (preferably round neck or Polo). I dont know if there is already something planned on those lines. If yes, then will wait for the announcement.

Most Viewed