Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 15:22   #91
BHPian

Re: @ Chennai BHPians - Sriharikota meet & drive on 15th July 2017

A request - please do not organise and post future trips and meets only on your local WhatsApp groups. Post them here on the forum. The reason behind this - sometimes we Bangaloreans might be interested enough to join in on your drives too, and this forum is our common source to be informed.

I for one would've certainly joined in on the SHAR drive but for the fact that we had our own Ooty overnighter planned for that same weekend and I along with 20 other BHPians had already committed to that drive. And I know of at least two others who would've joined in.

Thanks and cheers
Old 19th July 2017, 09:50   #92
BHPian

One more thing is - the chap who posted the photographs could have shown the rides along with their owners. I have attended some 3 or 4 meetings and everytime you get to meet someone new. This way it helps to put a name/handle for future reference.

Just a suggestion.
Old 19th July 2017, 10:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
One more thing is - the chap who posted the photographs could have shown the rides along with their owners. I have attended some 3 or 4 meetings and everytime you get to meet someone new. This way it helps to put a name/handle for future reference.
No such photographs were taken unfortunately - so this otherwise excellent suggestion just couldn't be implemented. Lets try it on for future such trips.
Old 19th July 2017, 10:59   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Just a suggestion.
I too noticed that. All photos and no names. For those who were present at the meet, it would be easy to identify the people in the photographs (i hope so), but for the rest, who could not attend, below is the group with their Handles and their Rides for the day. (No real names for security reasons )

@ Chennai BHPians - Sriharikota meet & drive on 15th July 2017-img_27391.jpg
From Left to Right - Swissknife / Polo GT TSI, Virgovencat/Scorpio, Polopm n son/Duster, GCB/rode shotgun, Hserus/Fiesta, Kumaran Vedagiri/Fiesta, BenHarPree/S-Cross, Captain Rex/TUV3OO, Maverick79/RE TB500, Karthik Chandra/rode shotgun, ReluctantRebel/Pulsar 200NS

@ Chennai BHPians - Sriharikota meet & drive on 15th July 2017-breakfast.jpg
And then we had 3 who, due to other commitments, joined us for the breakfast at Arya Bhavan. (Handles mentioned on the photo)
Old 19th July 2017, 13:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
*SNIP*So it definitely was not a trip that was planned and executed over 'whatsapp', and then, after all done, the write up and photos posted here.
Of course. I have been following this thread since it was posted . The reason I said what I said is because of hamster's post (quoted below) wherein he mentions "so that I don't miss it next time". That one phrase gave me the impression that there is a possibility that future trips might be relegated to being planned on WhatsApp alone; hence my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
*SNIP*
Cheers

Edited to add: And it is good to see Gautam again. He was with us on one of our drives. He had guided us in fact to a suitable photoshoot location for that drive.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2017 at 16:54. Reason: No discussion on whatsapp groups please. Continue on the forum itself
Old 19th July 2017, 13:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

I guess the reason for the don't miss it next time is that there was a bit of chopping and changing of the agenda, meetup points etc and the actual messages got buried in all the tbhp traffic

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2017 at 16:55. Reason: No discussion on whatsapp groups please. Continue on the forum itself
Old 22nd July 2017, 14:41   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks hserus for the report and pics. This is the nth trip I missed out do to prorities popping up. Except my team-bhp meets, everything seems to work, sigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
A request - please do not organise and post future trips and meets only on your local WhatsApp groups. Post them here on the forum. The reason behind this - sometimes we Bangaloreans might be interested enough to join in on your drives too, and this forum is our common source to be informed...
It's a good suggestion. This was not organized in WhatsApp group. It started in this section. We can't have the kind of discussions on the forum because there are too many ifs & buts in the planning stage. While we all love to have members of other cities join us, am not too sure how many from other chapters look into a different city's meets.

But yeah, we can always have the start & final discussion (once everything decided) put on the forum - may be 2 days prior to the trip. But yes, unless we are very thorough with the organizing, the decision happens at the last moment. Not to take anything away from the guys who made it, but there will be some churn with a new group unless they do couple of meets. Am sure we'll see a lot more from the group.

Quote:
...sometimes we Bangaloreans might be interested enough to join in on your drives too, ...
Since you mentioned, may be we can look at something midway for both Bangy & Chennai next.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd July 2017 at 14:44.
Old 22nd July 2017, 21:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since you mentioned, may be we can look at something midway for both Bangy & Chennai next.
Midway = ambur / vaniyambadi.

I am sure a lot of bhpians from both cities relish Biryani.
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Midway = ambur / vaniyambadi.

I am sure a lot of bhpians from both cities relish Biryani.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4238974

It is on. Bangalore and Chennai bhpians : Please fill the doodle poll in the above master thread with the dates that you prefer for a trip to Ambur, and I will update that thread once we have a confirmed date set up.
Old 24th July 2017, 13:22   #100
BHPian

Aug 13? Sure. My wife and I will be there; and let's see if there are others from BLR who too might come along.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2017, 16:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aug 13? Sure. My wife and I will be there; and let's see if there are others from BLR who too might come along.

Cheers
Thanks. Please post in the original thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4239158 - with your tbhp username and ride so that we can book tables at the venue in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks