Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 19:22   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Neki aur pooch pooch(hope I got it right). Please do go and find out what is the best deal you can get.

Viper
whatever the neki aur . . . meant and implied. If you have been there recently then lemme know what they charge usually.

manson.
Old 9th November 2006, 22:03   #47
Team-BHP Support

jashan, 338 per person inclusive of taxes.
they will let me know tomm. if one can carry their own alchohol. bad part is they shut real early, pushing it would be 12.30. doubt his would be any fun.

manson.
Old 9th November 2006, 22:41   #48
Team-BHP Support

Why do you want to spend so much on food? Going by the last meet, the food was hardly touched, and this will usually always be the case when there is a decent quantity of the hard stuff around.
Old 9th November 2006, 22:56   #49
BANNED

Heh heh. He said "Hard stuff". Guess he really enjoyed last time's dandiya

50 starters sounds great. If they can get even 2 of them right, I'm happy. BYO booze would definitely be nice though.
Old 9th November 2006, 23:05   #50
Team-BHP Support

Down boom down! Easy now....the title of the thread says "Politically COrrect Meet" not "Peverts of Mumbai Meet"!
Old 9th November 2006, 23:13   #51
elf
BANNED

One more stupid suggestion for the record which we could ridicule for about 30-40 posts, then probably discard.

Barbecue Nation in Bandra. 400 bucks a head, make your own starters.
Only problem would be that outside booze wouldn't be allowed - & they average out about 400 bucks a drink. Yes. That's 400 bucks for each drink that each of you donkeys choose to have. Also, don't know if they'd be willing to accept such a large party for the entire restaurant. Also we'd have to reserve in advance. Way, way in advance. Like about now. Funk soul brother. Check it out now. Funk soul brother.

Rtech: If you find a respectable place for under 250-300 bucks a head, I'll feed you & 3 others even! All this khalli-pilli useless suggestions & quibbling about pricing...

Actually, I do know a place where you can eat & drink well under that. It's called Y.O.H. We can stay there if you like.

And Boom is not a pervert. He just "arranges" for things when requested...

Last edited by elf : 9th November 2006 at 23:15.
Old 9th November 2006, 23:20   #52
Team-BHP Support

Relax elfie...no need to get your panties in a bunch! It's called having a discussion...and thats the reason this thread is still open. Or else the venue, date and time would simply be mentioned and the thread locked (which, when I think about it now, seems to make sense...hehe). Spares the rest of the board from your mindless banter!
Old 9th November 2006, 23:27   #53
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
... Spares the rest of the board from your mindless banter! ...
Relax Rt ...no need to get your panties in a bunch! It's called having a discussion... and thats the reason you've still kept this thread open.
Old 9th November 2006, 23:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

how about deepa dance bar...lots of space for a lot of people...cheap...and get your own booze...
Old 9th November 2006, 23:42   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh dear... All this talk of panties and no venue yet.
The thing is Rt, the 300/400 bucks appears like it's for food, but in effect, no restaurant guy will let us have a party at his venue, with his waiters in attendance for less than that will he? I agree, with all the drinking and shouting, very few will do justice to the food, but those who want, can eat.

Anyways, i do know someone who can arrange something, will have concrete news by tomorrow. Will post then.
Old 10th November 2006, 00:03   #56
Team-BHP Support

elfie i did think of barbeque nation, but they dont have a separate room, or a even a large table for even twenty people, and they might just have to change the name to ROWDY NATION after the 18th.
how about dara's boys? can arrange for carrying our alchohol, reasonable GREAT (how does cheese tikka sound) food and a great drive back to town (going there might just be in a bit of a jam). And we can be there for as long as we like.

manson.
Old 10th November 2006, 00:48   #57
elf
BANNED

I really like the Dara's Dhaba idea as well. We can loll about for ages, drink like T-BHPians, sing, dance, & generally break wind.

Besides, let's give Mummeet a chance guys - since ages he's been bleating about the Dara's experience like it's the Playboy Mansion.

I'm OK if the others are... actually let's get decisive here. I'm all for it.
Old 10th November 2006, 00:59   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

ok chal, I'm with mummeet too. Dara's Dhaba is good for me.
Old 10th November 2006, 01:41   #59
BHPian

Plus MASONs gonna get us a discount on food as well...so yea...y not.....
Old 10th November 2006, 07:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ok Guys,

I have a small and a humble request. Please reconsider the venue.

Dara's is beyond the other end of town and for people living beyond Bandra and other far off places, it will be a very painful drive. On a saturday night, its a mess on the Western Express Highway which is always jammed. And getting off from work and driving through huge traffic jams for 90 mins minimum just to reach the venue in a sour and bad mood will not add to the magic of the meet. People might walk in irritable and that in turn will effect the meet.

That was just my suggestion. If the others have no problems going to Dara's its fine by me. But drving through never ending traffic jams to reach the venue and driving back almost an hour to reach home after the meet - doesnt make sense to me so I am sorry I won't be able to make it.

You fellas take lots of pics and videos and have fun. All the best.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 10th November 2006 at 07:24.

Most Viewed