Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2006, 13:35   #136
Senior - BHPian

hey Zak thanks for the call mate. Sorry wont be able to make it to Kerala , but looking forward to meet you at the next Bangy meet.

Have fun folks. Gods own country sure is amazing.

cheers:
Old 20th December 2006, 13:45   #137
BHPian

Steeroid-The estate is 18kms before Vaalaparai when you are goin from vazhachal side.
Old 20th December 2006, 13:50   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Steeroid-The estate is 18kms before Vaalaparai when you are goin from vazhachal side.
Thats the middle of the jungle!
Old 20th December 2006, 13:54   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thats the middle of the jungle!
Why?? Ain't you amused??? Man!!! That'll be rocking.
25-30 acres of jungle grasslands, an old colonial bungalow, campfire, a few wild animals and more wilder BHPians!!! What more would you ask for???
Any other options in mind???

@RJSTYLESup&down!! Read your signature couple a times!!! Whom do you want to join??

Last edited by speedzak : 20th December 2006 at 13:58.
Old 20th December 2006, 14:00   #140
Senior - BHPian

Rename thread - 2nd TBHP Kerala Meet - RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE!
Old 20th December 2006, 14:02   #141
BHPian

Wouldn't have missed this opportunity to meet you guys, if I could re-schedule all the appointments during that time..Sorry guys..Hopefully next time!

For those driving down from Bangalore, I had driven to TCR and return in Nov and took Hosur - KrishnaGiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - mettur - Bhavani - CBE - Palghat - TCR route; return also the same way.Hosur - KrishnaGiri route is awsome. Dharmapuri - Thoppur - mettur - Bhavani is good, very less traffic, passing thru some villages with scenic beauty..Road is not as wide as NH, but good tarred one..We could save almost 50 km to TCR and some time also. Heard that the NH near to Dharmapuri- Salem got BIG BIG potholes which will appear all of a sudden in a good strech and every chance to get trapped in it, is there..So, rule out this part/route for a night drive.

Have a good time,folks and enjoy to the maximum!
Old 20th December 2006, 14:13   #142
Senior - BHPian

Zakkie

Can you check whether we can print a small quantity of Rumble In The Jungle T-Shirts?

Cost no worry.
Old 20th December 2006, 14:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Man! That's bad!! We changed the dates for you people to join in easily. NRKs!!!! C'mon!!!
zak, the slideshow and the description that you put up have set me thinking again. The problem is I already have some work at Cochin on 30th and if I did the drive too, it would be like spending 3 days of the vacation away from home. Don't know how the people at home are going to take it. Let me see if I can convince them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Now, something about the places of accomodation near Vagamon and Vaalparai. It's a private British bungalow owned by a team-BHPian and a big rally fan. It has 3 big suit rooms and bathrooms. Can accomodate upto 25 with extra beds etc.. Rates are still being worked out. Will be near 1000 Rs per head I think. The whole estate will be under our custody and we have the freedom to roam around and have a blast with our rides and ICE etc... There are some small water falls nearby, Fishing facilities with Fishing rods, and Athirappally is on the way.
Now this sounds like a real great fun meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I suggest we meet first and THEN drive so that those that make up their mind at the last moment can join in. No fun meeting at the END of the drive.
I guess you have a point. With the guys exhausted after a fun meet and the drive itself, the meet planned after the drive might just fizzle out.

Anyway, need some more details, guys.
1) What time do you guys plan to leave from Cochin on 28th ? After lunch ?
2) How far (kms and approx driving time) is it from Cochin to this place ?
3) Approx what time would we be returning to Cochin on 29th ?
Old 20th December 2006, 14:36   #144
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Zakkie

Can you check whether we can print a small quantity of Rumble In The Jungle T-Shirts?

Cost no worry.
You are making this as tempting as possible. Aren't you?

What is the ETA on the 28th? The distance from cochin is about 100 KM right?

Edit: Didn't see supremeBaleno's post. I have the same questions!!

Last edited by Joz : 20th December 2006 at 14:37.
Old 20th December 2006, 14:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

NOW we're talking....

Families are welcome. I'm bringing my family along and so is Zakkie. There's enough to keep everyone entertained and so this is not just a TBHP meet.

For those coming to Kerala for a vacation, this is a great opportunity to go to a unique location within the state. Dont miss out as you may not be able to do it on your own.

Supreme and Joz - why these 2nd thoughts? Dont worry - just pile on. Drive out one day and start back the next morning. Max you will lose is about 36 hours in total.

Think about it - Sholayar Forests, Colonial Bunglow, Forest Trek, Night Safari, Fishing, Waterfalls and of course some whacky company.

Athirampally Waterfalls and Vazhachal Falls, Kerala Water Falls, Trichur, Chalkudy River

After lunch would be a good idea. Lunch at Athirampilly may be a better idea as you need to pass the forest checkpost at Vazhachal (start of forest run) before 5 pm if you want to spend some time in the forest on the drive in. Lets say mid-morning - about 10/11.

Athirampilly/Vazhachal is about 1 1/2 hours. Then it depends on how much time you want to spend at the spectacular waterfalls Athirampilly and rapids (Vazhachal), and how often you stop in the forest. Vazhachal onwards is almost a single-track road through the forest, which goes across rivers, up a ghat, and generally through thick dark forest.

I'd suggest we start after breakfast. That way we could also look at stopping at A/V on the way back - I'll continue on to Valpparai, Pollachi and then Bangalore.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th December 2006 at 15:06.
Old 20th December 2006, 17:12   #146
Joz
BHPian

Ok. Home minister convinced.

Now to figure out how i can convince the house. The issue is, I get to Kerala less often than some distinguished gulf mallus.
Old 20th December 2006, 18:14   #147
BHPian

My Salute .....!!

hats off to you Zak!!!! great and neat job done dude!!! now how bout that T-shirt steer was talking?!! Thatz fun....

now lets hope for the best of best.....

cheers!!!
Old 20th December 2006, 20:47   #148
BANNED

After lunch?? No guys! Please, we have to enjoy the Athirappilly waterfalls, rapids and cascades on the way.
Lets say mid-morning - about 9/10/11.
We will plan a Lunch at Athirappilly next to the waterfalls.

137 kms from Cochin is Malakkappara. That's where this Bungalow is located. It is exactly 47kms from from Athirappilly.
Athirampilly/Vazhachal is about 1 - 2 hours. Then it depends on how much time you want to spend at the spectacular waterfalls Athirampilly and rapids (Vazhachal), and how often you stop in the forest. Vazhachal onwards is almost a single-track road through the forest, which goes across rivers, up a ghat, and generally through thick dark forest. It's forest road so, Expect it to be very slow driving one. And it's better we reach the Bungalow by 5-6pm before it's too dark.

My suggestion is to leave after Lunch. It will be served as part of the package. If nobody is interested, then I'll have to ask them to take it off the package.
If we leave after lunch, we can be at Cochin by evening and gather at some place to meet the others who could'nt make it for the drive. Then have a small dinner or snacks and split.

4) Should we have a meet before or after the Drive for those who can't make it ?

It should be after the drive on Friday 29th evening. Because, those who cannot make it to the drive will be comfortable then I suppose. As far as I spoke to some, it seems so.

And the T-Shirt thingy?? I am busy designing one. Could somebody help me out here??

Last edited by speedzak : 20th December 2006 at 20:49.
Old 20th December 2006, 21:56   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

And the T-Shirt thingy?? I am busy designing one. Could somebody help me out here??
yes my lord..... how can I help you sir?!!!!
Old 21st December 2006, 03:26   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
yes my lord..... how can I help you sir?!!!!
Hmmmmm...................... maybe with something like this:

Or with something like this.

Add/edit/scramble/destroy anything with Photochop/Corel draw will do.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed