Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2006, 04:30   #151
elf
BANNED

Sounds amazing... how far a drive would it be from Bombay...?
Old 21st December 2006, 07:24   #152
BHPian

hiyaaaah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hmmmmm...................... maybe with something like this:

Or with something like this.

Add/edit/scramble/destroy anything with Photochop/Corel draw will do.

OK!!! I'll comeup with some changes by this eve!!
Old 21st December 2006, 11:22   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
1500+small change kilometers. You're more than welcome - we could use an elf or two in the jungle. Pity there wont be any snow whites around.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

elf, call veyron1/2 and ask him to join you

any updates abt the bangy-kovai route? Me have to ride 2mrw or dayafter

Those at bangy; interested in ICE? Quicksilver's in town for ICEing his car at Anwar's . Wanna join?

eh, designers... see that that Team Bhp logo/label is more highlighted.

Zak, how abt some free stickers? Just "Team- Bhp" would do

Last edited by jkdas : 21st December 2006 at 11:42.
Old 21st December 2006, 13:00   #155
BANNED

Are you Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Is this a normal ELF thingy? Or can I smell something cooking??

And regarding the T-shirts, stickers etc... Why can't somebody put some designs/etchings here?? It'll be a lot helpful.

Something more I picked up;
  • The place will be very cold and windy. So, prepare for a chill!
  • We are planning some tents in the lawns too. But, the wild surroundings may not be very safe in the nights. So, we'll just have some for fun. Not to really spend night in it.
  • Families, Girlfriends, Kids etc... are welcome. But please do inform earlier (by tomorrow at least) to make necessary arrangements.
  • How many of us will be having vehicles? We have plenty of parking (Above 100 acres of it) Feel free to bring as many cars/vehicles as you wish.
  • Anybody have access to a 4X4? ( Sorry. Please count me out, That thing is not going out of the Porch) Bring it along!! Mahindra or a Audi Q7? Just make it roll!
  • Those who wants to booze, please bring your own. Soda, Softdrinks and Mineral water can be availed at the Bungalow but will be very expensive. We can take it along.
  • We can use the fridge at the Bungalow. How big? I dunno!
Watch this space for more updates.

Last edited by speedzak : 21st December 2006 at 13:14.
Old 21st December 2006, 13:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • Those who wants to booze, please bring your own. Soda, Softdrinks and Mineral water can be availed at the Bungalow but will be very expensive. We can take it along.
Maaaan - "kuppi"s are going to be a big problem. How does one budget for a bunch of thirsty young (and one old) mallus ?

BYO (Bring Your Own) is the mantra, then!
Old 21st December 2006, 15:29   #157
Joz
BHPian

Zakie, promise me some exotic 'meat' from the forest and I am 110% coming. I love trying out different kinds of meat.

Wifey will come along too.

Booze: Stuff which i am bringing from bangalore will be done with by 28th!! Need to figure out a place in cochin where i can buy some.

JK: On the status of bangy-kovai route, i have a brillaint idea. You start tomorrow and give me an update by day evening. I am driving the day after early morning. Actually, why don't you ask Quicksilver. Didn't he come in from kovai?

And yeah, Mr. Psycho is got a 3 weeks off from work. Somebody please ensure he makes it for this trip. He actually sounded keen this morning.
Old 21st December 2006, 16:09   #158
BANNED

Now, we have people pouring in from all over India!
Seems we need to get some more accommodation etc.. Will sort it out. No worries.

Those who are coming with their families, please PM me your confirmation. I have to make special arrangements for that.

@Joz, I've been behind Psycho too, He is thinking about it.
Old 21st December 2006, 16:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Joz, I've been behind Psycho too, He is thinking about it.
Have thought about it to a place called Yercaud as yet
Old 21st December 2006, 16:35   #160
BHPian

Dear Zak,

Since I am working in Hotel Industry in Cochin I will not be able to accompany you for the trip and I will try me level best to come for the get together at 29th Evening.

In mean time please tell me the venue and if you are selecting Brunton Boatyard, I think I can do some thing because I am working in that group.

Regards,

Biju
Old 21st December 2006, 16:38   #161
Senior - BHPian

If you're coming, bring more of the Bengalooru (YUKK) gang with you and lets make it a party.
Old 21st December 2006, 17:32   #162
BANNED

We will miss you, Psycho! (And some important stuff here).

Sad, Psycho has decided not to come. Next time!!

Guys,
Got the offer from the Bungalow owner. He typed in something like this;

Quote:
Its coming all inclusive Rs. 1400/- per head.

The package includes Accomodation in 3 suite rooms and extra beds, All meals with 2 non veg each in lunch and dinner, breakfast of your Choice (English or Indian) also non veg snacks and welcome drinks (Non Alcoholic).

The cost does not include Carbonated water or Mineral water (chargeable extra)

Activities like Trekking, Night Wild life safari in Canter etc can be arranged at nominal extra costs. Fishing Rods are available FOC.
  • Some bargaining is still left and I've kept it for the evening when I meet him. Expect a 15-20% discount on this. That's all.
  • The price is very very cheap as in the current form itself. Normally it should be 3k per head.
  • As all the food is being included in the package, there will be hardly any need to arrange any from our side except the Lunch at Athirappilly.
  • It would be better to know how many of us will be strictly NON VEG and how many strictly VEG!!. Vegetarians, please put in your call.
  • We can still carry in some crisps, pastries etc.. to keep the bellies constantly on the job.
  • Soft drinks can be bought in bulk and I'll get those. If somebody also wants to bring in, welcome!
  • Soda and Mineral water is not in the package and they are very expensive in the Jungle. I'll get 2 boxes of Mineral water. Soda!! Please, those who need it..... Bring it!!
  • Anybody have a car with a a very low ground clearance? Please be careful. the roads may not be very kind. ;-)
  • A night Safari can be arranged and there is some interesting wildlife in the surroundings. Please call out if anybody is interested. That will be ofcourse, with some little extra bucks!
  • And a campfire is also included in the package (spoke to him), So, master your dancing, singing and shouting skills.
  • If anybody wants to know any more details, please PM me. I will give you my phone number. (There was one SAM guy who requested not to put it up here on the public threads)!!!!
Old 21st December 2006, 18:59   #163
BHPian

sorry guys,i cannot make it for the drive.will come for the closing ceremony on the 29th afternoon onwards
Old 21st December 2006, 19:59   #164
Senior - BHPian

I think we should pull in the TN guys as well - since this is very close to (actually ON) the border. Its a terrific drive from Kovai (via Udumalpet).

Sideways?
Old 21st December 2006, 20:36   #165
BANNED

Some Kovai guys are already coming. SupremeBaleno was supposed to come too. Mail4Ajo will be there for the 29th G2G!!

Guys, Think about it. This is not going to be a normal meet after all. More like a Holiday with activities full to the brim.

Meeting a lot of Team-BHPians. (some all the way from Bangy and TN.
Driving on curvy winding roads thru lush green mountains. With lot of different and exciting rides to moot. Waterfalls, cascades, rapids and having a casual Lunch next to it. Again, a drive thru thick Forests.
An old colonial British Bungalow in a private estate expanding more than 100 - 200 acres of forests and tea estates. Whole thing under our belts!!
A climate which is crispy and soothing. Water as crystal clear as possible. Plenty of grasslands.
Fresh garden tea. Dinner the traditional Kerala way, served with utmost care.
Having a warm campfire under the stars. Chatting a lot about Exotics, Tuners, Muscles, Engine swaps, ICE and some good for nothing blah blahs.
Night Safari in the jungle. See the Wild in it's true surroundings.
Sleep in a cozy bed with dreams of Motoring nirvana. Waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.
Going to the nearest stream to try your luck with fishing rods. Let the body rejuvenate by it's own.
Gathering up to play some indoor games.
Watch your catch of the day being cooked. And later being served and being proud to share with your fellow friends over the lunch.
Casual drive back to town. Meet up near a beach or a Hotel. Chatting, snacking and maybe a dinner too and Split!!!
Not amused??? Then :

Just found out that TATA rents out similar Bungalows for a selected few. Price?? 14,000/- per couple. Not accessible to public.
This is a golden opportunity I would kill for and due to Team-BHP, we are getting it done within just Rs 1.5K!!! I informed somebody here and he thought it was in Dollars!!! Does anybody still think it is too expensive??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed