Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Mumbai: Charitable drive & village visit on 25th November, 2017

LET'S DRIVE FOR A CAUSE

Hello colleagues,

Good Morning / Good Afternoon / Good Evening / Good Night !!
Whatever the time of the day you are reading, I wish that Time be good for all. I'm very sure even reading below text will make you feel good.

Dear friends, surely we all have been doing something noble, in our own ways, which would bring smiles in other's lives, especially those who are lesser privileged. We all understand that there would be challenges, obstacles, negativity, and not everyone is perfect, including myself. However in the greater context, let us continue doing our good bit for the planet Earth.

Frequently I do my bit for charitable causes, and some instances I even documented on our esteemed Team-BHP forum: Link-1 and Link-2. Really thank you all for the good wishes.

What next ?
Since few weeks I was thinking to go for a drive, and donate some material (mostly food related) in those villages. Time constraints, prioritization, travels, etc such issues were dampening the task for me. Recently I shared this idea to some of my (office) team members, and they were also personally excited to join & contribute for this task. So now I formed a team! Within 4 of us, after some discussions, we made a high level PLAN as below :
  • contribute Rs.7000 each, collectively it'll be 28K
  • Buy the assorted material from typical superstore (different grain/pulses packets, biscuits, thin blankets, soaps, tooth brush & paste, color books & crayons)
  • put the stuff in cars and drive to villages for distribution. Mostly we'll have two cars, mine and my colleague's.
Date: Saturday 25th November 2017
Initial Meeting Place: 07.00 AM to 7.15 AM at Hotel Walton Kathiyawadi. https://goo.gl/maps/T4yaX1iTpnQ2
Tip: Driving from Thane or Borivali side towards Surat, once you cross the Vasai creek bridge (opposite to Fountain hotel at the junction), left side you can find this place. If I remember correctly, there is decent open space to assemble ourselves.
Our Drive Plan: (Ensure that fuel tanks are already full) Drive till Mokhada area (~150 KMs), and distribute the material in one/two villages. Mostly around Jawhar town we'll have late lunch, and by evening reach back Mumbai. Roughly it would be 350 KMs for a day's drive for a member from Mumbai.
https://goo.gl/maps/7BwvoRhJzhx

Warm Invitation:
This time the plan initially had only me conducting, and then later 3 colleagues volunteered to join, and plan is finalized. Now I thought to spread the message on our beloved Team-BHP platform.
I hereby would like to invite Team-BHP members (mostly around Mumbai), who can join for this "Lets Drive for a Cause" program. Kindly read the above plan. To keep it very simple - bring some goods for give-aways, of your own choice of budget, in your own car, alone or with your family/colleagues. The idea is simple - picking the opportunity, together we achieve more!

Few unsolicited disclaimers, please dont mind.
This program is conducted at personal level, not associated with any caste/creed/religion/politics/organization etc. It is completely voluntary, all expenses are borne by self. Kindly consider in good faith, that to just to keep it simple & organized, we have Fixed some parameters like Date/Time/Place of the task.

Once again, I hereby warmly invite you to join for this program. If you are joining then just append your name in the list.

@Mods: You may call it a meet, or a drive, please approve this thread!

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd November 2017 at 17:00. Reason: Linking to first page of link 1 :)
Old 4th November 2017, 13:34   #2
BHPian

re: Mumbai: Charitable drive & village visit on 25th November, 2017

Hi PCPranav,

Hats Off to you for this initiative. I would be interested in joining, however can confirm only by 18th Nov.
Would love to see lot more hearts and hands joining this initiative of yours.

@Requesting Mods to support.

All the Best.
Old 7th November 2017, 09:46   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai: Charitable drive & village visit on 25th November, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
This program is conducted at personal level, not associated with any caste/creed/religion/politics/organization etc. It is completely voluntary, all expenses are borne by self. Kindly consider in good faith, that to just to keep it simple & organized, we have Fixed some parameters like Date/Time/Place of the task.
I'm all game for such a drive, but someone close to me is getting married that weekend and I'll be out of town. Let me know the next time you're up to this.

1. Lets start a bit late . Am not such an early morning person.

2. Are the approach roads to the village big-sedan friendly?
Old 7th November 2017, 15:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
LET'S DRIVE FOR A CAUSE
Very-very nice pcpranav! I wish I could drive down all the way from Gurgaon to join you guys near Hotel Fountain. Honestly, nothing's like driving for a cause. Its a win-win situation. Not to miss such an opportunity, a PM is following in your inbox to explore the possibilities of how can I remotely participate in this drive for a cause.

Please keep doing your bit of passing back to the society. Wish you all the very best.

God Bless!
Old 7th November 2017, 16:27   #5
BHPian

thanks friends for your nice wishes & encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hi PCPranav,

Hats Off to you for this initiative. I would be interested in joining, however can confirm only by 18th Nov.
Would love to see lot more hearts and hands joining this initiative of yours.

@Requesting Mods to support.

All the Best.
would be good if you could join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm all game for such a drive, but someone close to me is getting married that weekend and I'll be out of town. Let me know the next time you're up to this.

1. Lets start a bit late . Am not such an early morning person.

2. Are the approach roads to the village big-sedan friendly?
Hi GTO,
delighted to see your message & support.

- can start a bit late. as you may know, once you leave the NH and drive on interiors, speed will be less, and we have a task at hand.

- Nothing particular, its just that I have been to this area few times, hence selected for this plan! In this case, the very interior areas are bit tough, soft-road (not total off-road). a sedan could manage if driven carefully.

OT: during monsoon season, this area becomes very beautiful, lush-green, a welcoming drive / ride option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Very-very nice pcpranav! I wish I could drive down all the way from Gurgaon to join you guys near Hotel Fountain. Honestly, nothing's like driving for a cause. Its a win-win situation. Not to miss such an opportunity, a PM is following in your inbox to explore the possibilities of how can I remotely participate in this drive for a cause.

Please keep doing your bit of passing back to the society. Wish you all the very best.

God Bless!
thanks for your wishes. your words also show your support. I will revert your PM.

The reason why I finalized the dates & typical agenda, so that I'll have some stability in the overall agenda, you know what I mean. With due respect to all, open-ended discussion for dates / plan may create confusion & drag, which I wanted to avoid. Just wish that if many colleague could participate, which would simply multiply the results on that day.

Come-on colleagues, especially around Mumbai, "Lets Drive for a Cause"

regards,
Pranav
Old 24th November 2017, 15:18   #6
BHPian

PCPranav, I will join this initiative tomorrow, will PM you for coordinating further.
Any more members who have confirmed?

Your earlier threads are very exciting to read in terms of doing this kind of work.

Of-course the real sense of the difficulties being faced by the people around Jawhar, just 160Kms from Mumbai, can be felt only by being on ground with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks