Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 12:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pics, tifosikrishna, samurai, SB. I guess these pictures are worth a million words.

The meet took a while really to kick on. 8.30 was the time agreed upon. All of us had gathered at the ispahani centre waiting for the grand arrival of Messers. re-inforced ***** with the Japanese warrior. As soon as they arrived, the entire crowd swooped down to sideways' car, checking out the engine, wheels, the paint, the everything. by the time, i ambled along, there were at least 10 heads sticking inside the hood to admire the isaac engine. whats that engine again ?

After that, it was decided that Hotel Aruna's Platinum Bar would be the watering hole for the day. Gawd, someone even suggested having a Team_BHP meet without beer. how impossible !!
When we landed at the Platinum Bar, we realised we needed to shout at each other's ears from 1/2 feet to really get them to hear. The Djs were pretty high with the Dbs there. So we picked out the coffee shop in the lobby & finally sat down for the meet at around 10.15PM. Beer & Vodka were ordered. Then the discussions began. Cheers were said to Sideways' success at the Raid-de-Himalaya & for Hotrod's departure to OZ land for his higher studies. One half of the crowd was intently listening to Sideways' narration of the travails of travelling in the himalayas. All he had to eat was biscuits & chocolates. Inspite of this diet, he has lost 5 kgs, which he has willingly gained back. Then there was this heated discussion about Torque, BHP & stuff, all way over the head for simpletons like me. i tried my best to understand all that, but the beer was pulling me away from all that tired conversation. All the while, our official photographer for the event, tifosi was composing & snapping. i did take a few snaps which i will post as soon as my comp at home is set up. We were drinking & discussing till 12.05 am when we were ejected from the hotel. some of us headed back home while others took off to find dinner & i heard that the meet ended at approximately 2.15am. Wow !!. sorry guys, i had to leave, my missus is not keeping well, still. Hope to have another meet like this very soon. cheers

p.s Wish we could have these kind of mega meets in the outdoors, where we can move around and talk to everyone.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Nice report, esteem_lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wish we could have these kind of mega meets in the outdoors, where we can move around and talk to everyone.
Sure. We will make the next one an outdoor event. Chennai tbhp-ians, how about one on 17th Dec, Sunday ? Or is it too soon for another meet ? We could try out the lane alongside the India Pistons ground at Taramani. Nice cool tree lined place and great for checking out cars, ICE, etc.
Old 7th December 2006, 14:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the report,Pugram and E_L.
SB and tifosi, Awesome pics....Looks like tifosi is a natural at photography.
News: We got a new BHPian from mumbai transferred to chennai. He is 'intrepid' aka Anirudh.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
3) L-R facing us are tifosikrishna, ajo, the trooper and hotrod, and arka (half visible). And whose is that bald spot ?

heck, that looks too familiar. have seen that spot in the rear mirror (not the car's stupid) whenever i was at the barber's man. looks like mane is beginning to grow again.
Old 7th December 2006, 15:18   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
News: We got a new BHPian from mumbai transferred to chennai. He is 'intrepid' aka Anirudh.
Is that son of Ram? *
Old 7th December 2006, 15:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i suppose he is.
Old 7th December 2006, 20:37   #82
GTS
BHPian

Awwwwesome

Hey guys...great meet! This is my first T-Bhp meet or for that matter any sort of 'online-acquaintainces-real-life' meet.

Everyone was cool and there was so much of leg-pulling and good natured banter like we knew each other for eons. Each one deserves tons of applause. Hip-hip....Hurray!

The next meet should be preferably during the day and in a place where we can check out each others car/ICE etc. (so that someone can explain to me where the engine vengine is and where the coolant should be poured).

This time I was too engrossed in 'sound' matters that I lost a lot of valuable time checking out the cars.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. No, not in another decade's time but as early as possible.

Cheers to T-Bhp.

Rgds
GTS

PS: Guess this is the first time that I am looking forward to meet 'guys'

Last edited by GTS : 7th December 2006 at 20:38.
Old 7th December 2006, 21:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
17th Dec, Sunday ?
We have our company's day out on 16th and 17th, hence will not be able to participate.
Old 8th December 2006, 10:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

@pugram, I was just throwing around some dates. I guess with X'mas vacations and stuff, December might not be a good month for a meet with big participation. Maybe we could have it in Jan or so.
Old 8th December 2006, 13:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chennai tbhp-ians, how about one on 17th Dec, Sunday ?
I missed the mega meet again....

hey dudes (and dudettes too) we can meet up on new years eve... we can rent out a beach-house on ECR for the evening and party the whole night.

P.S. I heard the rates for the beach house are like 6k per day... what say you guys? is the 31st Dec good to go? we can stock up liquor and plan the celebrations for the event if we get confirmed entries...

so guys pls think about this, plan ahead and confirm so we can do the needful ASAP...
Old 8th December 2006, 17:04   #86
Team-BHP Support

Hi Guys,

Use a new thread to plan the next meet, this thread refers to Dec 1st meet.

Also, don't plan the meets too close to each other. Then you'll have less people attending. Once in two months is a good frequency to keep most people interested.

Even in this meeting we saw quite a few wives calling up to put an early end to the fun had by some husbands. If you make it too often, some may not even make it in the first place. This is a decade of marriage experience talking.
Old 11th December 2006, 15:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Classical Entertainment

Slipstream entertaining the audience while we wait for Samurai's arrival

Some of them wondering how a Team-BHPian could have learnt to do the bharathanatyam so well.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th December 2006 at 17:51. Reason: Image links fixed
Old 11th December 2006, 18:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

subbu, supremebaleno & mail4ajo having a serious discussion about what reason ajo could give to his boss for his disappearance midway thru his office

Slipstream dancing his way across N.H. Road heading to the Platinum Bar

Would someone please say grace ? ha ! headers, i think it is

The fat man with a slim car & the slim man with the fat car having a photo session without their cars. Thats subbu standing with me. he had taken delivery of a black baleno just the previous day.

sideways showing unusual interest in samurai's pics. wonder what samurai got there !!!

Man, that chocolate is still stuck in my teeth. my dentist fee is gonna be higher than my rally cost.

ex670c's (hope i got that right) lecture about torque vs bhp vs beer really keeps everyone else quiet. man, that was one strong conversation. what did you have before that ? lol

Last edited by esteem_lover : 11th December 2006 at 18:55.
Old 11th December 2006, 18:38   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even in this meeting we saw quite a few wives calling up to put an early end to the fun had by some husbands. If you make it too often, some may not even make it in the first place. This is a decade of marriage experience talking.
Hell Yeah !!!!!!
Old 11th December 2006, 19:13   #90
BHPian

Esteem Lover... you are too much. You missed the critical requirement of GTS on how to make the exhaust sound above 3000 RPM. Solutions considered...
1. Puncture small hole in the exhaust or
2. Puncture a small hole, put a sleeve on top, connect the sleeve to the accelerator pedal so that the sleeve moves when accelerator is pressed or
3. Take a embedded chip, record the required sound, connect to ECM and small speakers and program to make sound above 3000 RPM.

GTS... what was the final decision. THis was one of the major topics on the other end of the table.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks