Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2006, 15:27   #61
BHPian

Hey is anybody from north delhi coming to the meet.Yaar vasant kunj is quite far from my place and especially i being one of the youngest members of the forum(only 16) am not allowed to drive a car to such distances as of yet.So although I am wiling to come to the meet but am unable to come to it due to transportation issues.It would be nice if any of the members can give me a lift till vasasnt kunj. I can come til cp via the metro or if somebody stays in punjabi bagh or will pass through that place I can take lift from there.Your help in getting petrolhead to his destintion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13th December 2006, 15:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ishan, you mean AFTER the right turn to Priya Cinema if you are approaching from Outer Ring Road.......or MUCH before the LEFT turn to Priya Cinema if you are approaching from the VK end.......
Yes that's right Suman & for everyone's information when you arrive you'll see a gaggle of cars & will have no trouble spotting us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
But btw, any particular reason why it's not on a Sunday ?? Was anything mentioned in an earlier post that I missed .. ?
Well mainly because after the pub session people like to sleep late & if the next day is Sunday its much more convenient. Monday morning hangover's are a bit of a problem! But you wouldn't know anything about that now would you
Old 13th December 2006, 16:28   #63
BANNED

For a change I see a sober meet happening ... the slip road does exist and aint used by regular traffic !!! There shud be no probs with the cops as we wont be racing and stuff .... just standing and talking , or maybe we can just pretend to be Baratis ( with so many weddings happening ;-) ) !!!

See you guys there ... some one give me a buzz once u there , Ill reach n 2 mins !!! And I wont be sticking around till the pub session ... wudnt wanna get TEMPTED by them bottles of KF ..

Cheers
Old 13th December 2006, 16:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Lets get our priorities right, mates......

Guys, guys, all this about slip and no-slip is fine but we're missing the MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION here ....and that's - WHICH pub/watering hole are we then heading to??????

Don't forget that parking is a MAJOR issue at PVR Priya .....or are we planning to leave our cars on the slip road and booze in the adjoining fields/forest?
Old 13th December 2006, 16:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes forgot to post that. Guys we need suggestions for a pub/restaurant which can host 25-35+ loud, hungry & alcohol starved Team-BHPians. And yes it should be affordable too!!

So please throw in the suggestions!!
Old 13th December 2006, 17:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget that parking is a MAJOR issue at PVR Priya
Naah. Parking at Priya is NEVER a problem.

Step 1: Drive into Vasant Continental
Step 2: Hand over Keys to the Valet (you may jump to step 8 from here)
Step 3: Walk into the Lobby (you may jump to step 7 from here)
Step 4: Walk into the Men's Room (you may jump to step 6 from here)
Step 5: Pee
Step 6: Walk out of Mens Room
Step 7: Walk out of Lobby
Step 8: Walk out of Vasant Continental.

p.s. - step 5 is pretty useless, but since you're already there, might use the time to some benefit.
Old 13th December 2006, 18:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

I may not have my car that day... can i come on my bike? Or better still, anyone coming from west delhi?
Old 13th December 2006, 18:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Hey is anybody from north delhi coming to the meet.Yaar vasant kunj is quite far from my place and especially i being one of the youngest members of the forum(only 16) am not allowed to drive a car to such distances as of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I may not have my car that day... can i come on my bike? Or better still, anyone coming from west delhi?
Thanks for the heads up both of you but please specify where exactly are you guys located in West & North Delhi? That ways I can coordinate better & arrange some rides for both of you.
Old 13th December 2006, 19:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Guys we need suggestions for a pub/restaurant which can host 25-35+ loud, hungry & alcohol starved Team-BHPians. And yes it should be affordable too!!

So please throw in the suggestions!!
How about Trafalgar at Tivoli Gardens (Chattarpur)? Not too far from where we're meeting & less crowded (hopefully, dunno if they've got a few marriage parties on at Tivoli on Saturday)........
Old 13th December 2006, 19:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about Trafalgar at Tivoli Gardens (Chattarpur)? Not too far from where we're meeting & less crowded (hopefully, dunno if they've got a few marriage parties on at Tivoli on Saturday)........
Well Suman since you suggest it, you're gonna have to find out what kind of a place it is like pricewise & whether it is available on saturday evening!

Also Autopsyche has suggested that we can go to a pub called Haze in Priya Complex market. It's usually empty during the weekdays & can accomodate all of us comfortably. Also beer is priced at about 100-120rs., so it shouldn't be too expensive either!
Old 13th December 2006, 21:22   #71
aZa
Senior - BHPian

CHAL0 finally Delhi is Moving the rendezvous point seems nice!!
Old 13th December 2006, 23:29   #72
BHPian

@iraghava i reside near delhi university north campus.
Old 13th December 2006, 23:54   #73
BANNED

Guys , Just saw Aza's post about teh Autocross event in Noida next week end .. why dont we simply have the meet then !! Get to see plenty of action , cheer other members who take part ( Im there for sures ) , no parking hassles, wud be a great day -- meet happens from morning to evening !!!

Catch up over a few beers .... in teh evening !!! Wat say guys ...
Old 14th December 2006, 03:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am in in only one case.. No body bulies my ride (had a fresh accident and the paint job is crappy), no body makes fun of the autopsyche sticker (wich i borrowed from him) and finally no one post my car's pics in the weared and wackey mods section. in short i am in for a few hours before anyone notices them LOL....
Old 14th December 2006, 08:34   #75

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys , Just saw Aza's post about teh Autocross event in Noida next week end .. why dont we simply have the meet then !! Get to see plenty of action , cheer other members who take part ( Im there for sures ) , no parking hassles, wud be a great day -- meet happens from morning to evening !!!

Catch up over a few beers .... in teh evening !!! Wat say guys ...
i like this plan....and then we could probably head over to chicane.
ahh...i can just imagine the look on people's faces when so many loud cars enter the parking area of the autocross event.
well on second thought we can have another meet the next weekend...atleast those of us who want the watch the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Naah. Parking at Priya is NEVER a problem.

Step 1: Drive into Vasant Continental
Step 2: Hand over Keys to the Valet (you may jump to step 8 from here)
Step 3: Walk into the Lobby (you may jump to step 7 from here)
Step 4: Walk into the Men's Room (you may jump to step 6 from here)
Step 5: Pee
Step 6: Walk out of Mens Room
Step 7: Walk out of Lobby
Step 8: Walk out of Vasant Continental.
p.s. - step 5 is pretty useless, but since you're already there, might use the time to some benefit.
sounds good for 1 person but imagine 25-30 people bringing in their cars and then walking out of the hotel.
you'll remain an indian.....free ki khaani

Last edited by adya33 : 14th December 2006 at 09:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks