Team-BHP - The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/195796-2018-team-bhp-hyderabad-meet-thread-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifu (Post 4419890)
You posted just in time! There might be a small meet planned this Sunday (1-Jul). Planning is in progress in our WhatsApp group. If you are on WhatsApp, you can join the group as well. Send me your number. :)

My two cents ~
Once planned and finalized in your WA group, do post the meet details on this thread with some amount of lead time so that folks who might want to join do not miss out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolmind (Post 4419959)
Thats great to hear.
….Thank you.

Thank me for moving your post from B'lore thread :D
Ref: Post # 14 mod note

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN (Post 4420050)
My two cents ~
Once planned and finalized in your WA group, do post the meet details on this thread with some amount of lead time so that folks who might want to join do not miss out.

Aye aye, captain! That is the plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN (Post 4420050)
My two cents ~

Thank me for moving your post from B'lore thread :D
Ref: Post # 14 mod note

Cheers

Yes! Definitely some time in advance would be helping in having a better plan and strength to make the trip joyful. :)

Thanks a lot sir. I was actually searching for the person who moved my post to the apt location.

1-Jul - Hyd T'Bhp Meet

This meet has a twist. We were discussing about hard-wiring couple of dashcams in the group. Finally we zeroed down on my Polo. And decided to drive 90+ kms away from the city's hustle bustle to do the DIY. Why? Because we are T-Bhpians ;).

Here's a brief itinerary of the DIY Meet :

Where : Food Pyramid, Jadcherla
When : 1st July, Sunday.
Meeting point and time of meeting : RGIA ORR Point @ 6:30 AM IST.

Agenda : Breakfast, followed by DIY, followed by lunch and dinner (if needed :D)

Confirmed entries :

1) a4anurag
2) Varun_HexaGuy
3) ngauravmalhotra
4) manas_270
5) shifu

Tentative :

1) coolmind

Please keep your confirmations pouring in. This is going to be a unique meet!

Nice to see a meet brewing up here.

If you guys are going to be around until 1:30pm or so....We may stop by on our way back from Bangalore:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4421726)
If you guys are going to be around until 1:30pm or so....We may stop by on our way back from Bangalore.

Hey Avi,

Since time was a constraint for some in the group, the meet location has been changed from Food Pyramid to a Restaurant that is 15-20 minutes away from Ramoji Film City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4421983)
Hey Avi,

Since time was a constraint for some in the group, the meet location has been changed from Food Pyramid to a Restaurant that is 15-20 minutes away from Ramoji Film City.

Ok Cool. We stopped on Saturday at Food Pyramid while going to Bangalore and our return got delayed and only passed FP around 5pm on Sunday

Here is a pic at FP while going to Bangalore:D

Guys :

After a very long time, planning a short drive to Nagarjunsagar Dam on this Sunday (July 8th).

Would love to have as many folks as possible to join this drive meet which is roughly about 350kms to and fro

It is a family affair so please feel free to bring along your spouses/girlfriends/kids

Agenda :

Start at sharp 8:00am at the meeting point which is ORR Exit of Nagarjunsagar Road (If anyone knows the EXIT number, please post it here)

Reach Nsagar around 10:30am (One break in between for pictures)

Drive directly to Ethipothala Falls (Spend 30 mins)

Drive to Anupu which a nice Buddisth Excavation Site (17kms from Dam)-30 Mins

Reach Haritha Hotel at 12:30pm to enjoy a sumptous lunch along with their popular 'Fish Fry" :D

Leave Nsagar at 3:00pm and reach city by 5:30pm-6:00pm

Folks who would like to leave early can do so as return drive is as per your own convenience

Confirmed Names

1. Mobike008 + 2 (Ford Aspire)
2. Fordmanchau + 1 + 1/2 (Ford Ecosport)
3. Shammi + 1 + 2 Kids (Fiat Linea)
4. Gajadonga (Hyundai Elantra)
5. Vnabhi + 1 (Ford Fiesta)
6. Hyd_Traveller + 1 (Maruti Alto)
7. IDPSharma + 1 + 1/2 (Hyundai i20)
8. Haseeb Khan + 1 ( Audi A4)
9. A4anurag (Hyundai Creta)

Important Note : Please add your name to above list ONLY if you are confirmed. Tentative folks can wait till they make up their mind:)

Look forward to a great drive and meeting you all folks as the weather is nice and should be a nice picnic kind of drive-meet

Cheers
Mobike008

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4423323)
After a very long time, planning a short drive to Nagarjunsagar Dam on this Sunday (July 8th).

Agenda :

Start at sharp 8:00am at the meeting point which is ORR Exit of Nagarjunsagar Road (If anyone knows the EXIT number, please post it here)

Reach Nsagar around 10:30am (One break in between for pictures)

Drive directly to Ethipothala Falls (Spend 30 mins)

Drive to Anupu which a nice Buddisth Excavation Site (17kms from Dam)-30 Mins

Reach Haritha Hotel at 12:30pm to enjoy a sumptous lunch along with their popular 'Fish Fry" :D

Leave Nsagar at 3:00pm and reach city by 5:30pm-6:00pm

Folks who would like to leave early can do so as return drive is as per your own convenience

Confirmed Names

1. Mobike008 + 2 (Ford Aspire)
2. Fordmanchau + 1 + 1/2 (Ford Ecosport)
3. Shammi + 1 + 2 Kids (Fiat Linea)
4. Gajadonga (Hyundai Elantra)
5. Vnabhi + 1 (Ford Fiesta)
6. Hyd_Traveller + 1 (Maruti Alto)
7. IDPSharma + 1 + 1/2 (Hyundai i20)
8. Haseeb Khan + 1 ( Audi A4)
9. A4anurag (Hyundai Creta)

Important Note : Please add your name to above list ONLY if you are confirmed. Tentative folks can wait till they make up their mind:)

Starting Point : Sharp 8:00 am on Nagarjuna Sagar Highway aka SH-19 at ORR Exit No. 12 on the left side immediately after the Service Road Circle towards NSD ( https://goo.gl/maps/mSwoiBYvyvy )

Confirmed Names
01. Mobike008 + 2 (Ford Aspire)
02. Fordmanchau + 1 + 1 Kid (Ford Ecosport)
03. Shammi Khanna + 1 + 2 Kids (Fiat Linea)
04. Gajadonga (Hyundai Elantra)
05. Vnabhi + 1 (Ford Fiesta)
06. Hyd_Traveller + 1 (Maruti Alto):D
07. IDPSharma + 1 + 1 Kid (Hyundai i20)
08. Haseeb Khan + 1 (Audi A4)
09. A4anurag (Hyundai Creta)

Important Note :
Please add your name to above list ONLY if you are confirmed. Tentative folks can wait till they make up their mind.

The Last Sunday Breakfast cum DIY meet was a success. A lot of BHPians confirmed their presence a day before the meet.

Where : Organic Aaharam Restaurant, near Ramoji Film City.
When : 1st July 2018, Sunday Morning.
What was the meet about? : A typical Sunday Morning Breakfast meet with an intention of attempting a couple of DIYs with an experienced person on it. The DIYs were to hardwire a dashcam (on Shubham's Polo) and to replace the Central AC vents on Abhinav's Bimmer.

Members Appeared :
What was the exact plan? : A day prior to the meet, it was decided that the gang from Secunderabad (me, Dinesh and Anurag) would meet the guys coming from the other part of the city (the rest of the gang) near Ramoji Film City. So, it was decided that both the guys would start at 6:30 sharp from both of their meeting points. As we guys (me and Anurag esp.) didn't want to arrive late and as a result we started a bit too early. Anurag was near my place at 5:45 post which we proceeded towards the meet point from where Dinesh would join us. Dinesh, too, had arrived on time. After we met, we realised that we were running well ahead of time. We had a brief chat for 15-odd minutes post which we got on a move. We were cruising at an average speed of 90-100 kmph on the ORR. We reached the meeting point where the rest of the folks would join us on the said time. Waited for 10-odd minutes post which we got to know that guys started a bit late than the decided time (We hyderabadi's follow HST!). After a bit of waiting Abhinav with his Bimmer pulled over to the point where we had stopped. After waiting for another 10-more minutes, the rest of the team appeared. All of us exchanged pleasantries post which I hopped into the passenger seat of the Bimmer (advantages of not owning any car!). We all were driving in a convoy with one ahead of the other. The Bimmer was probably at the last of the convoy for most of the time. After driving for 18-odd kilometres from the meeting point, we arrived at the restaurant and everyone were hungry. Without a further ado, parked as many cars as possible under the shade (finding a covered parking on a sunday morning is a task here!) and we had sumptuous breakfast and everyone had a sip of tea post which all the men got into work.

We soon got to work. Anurag had removed the cover over the fuse box to access the fuse slots to check for an empty fuse slot which could power the dashcam. Soon, we found the required slot for the job and started the job. There were a couple of hurdles en-route as the Driver-Side A-Pillar trim wouldn't open despite using the right trim opener. Even if it did, we couldn't open the whole trim and worked with the trim half open. Next up was the grounding point and finding one in the polo was a task in itself. Gaurav and I were searching on various forums on the same and Gaurav found a point to ground the cable. Post which all of the stuff was done right and the end result was as expected.

On the other hand, Abhinav was sort of working alone on his Bimmer for most of the time and we people would join him occasionally. Even this DIY went as expected. He removed the trim with the help of a trim opener and removed the old AC Vent by unscrewing the AC Vent with the trim and he fixed the new part to it and fit the trim back in place. Enough of talking here are some pics which we all have managed to capture :

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_054043.jpg
Sindbad was sad as it couldn't meet its peers while I was leaving. Wish dad could join us.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_071235.jpg
The punctual Hyderabadis!
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_074042.jpg
Soon the Bimmer joins the group of punctual Hyderabadis!
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_074950.jpg
Trying to overtake the Polo 1.2 MPI Petrol in a BMW 525d :D
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_075422.jpg
Meanwhile, I was enjoying my time with the Bimmer from the passenger seat.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_085935.jpg
Men at work!
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_094308.jpg
The daring man working on his expensive German.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_094312.jpg
The trimless look of the dash.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_102335.jpg
The centre of attraction. It managed to grab a lot of eyes while she was parked. More so, when Abhiram himself was working on the car.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_102342.jpg
The support car for the day.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_102348.jpg
Two hot cars parked beside each other.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_120400.jpg
Me, Giri and Anurag having some expensive thrills :uncontrol
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_124838.jpg
The convoy taking a U-Turn.
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_124846.jpg
Look, how ferocious she is!
The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img_20180701_124919.jpg
Looks even more ferocious when she's on the move.

Looking forward to more such meets in the future.

Till then,
Adios

A post dedicated as memory of a drive to Nagarjunsagar sagar dam in 2011😇

Folks waiting up on the wall. Join up! Gonna be awesome drive :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4425240)
A post dedicated as memory of a drive to Nagarjunsagar sagar dam in 2011

No memory is complete without this pose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4425240)
A post dedicated as memory of a drive to Nagarjunsagar sagar dam in 2011

Here are some from my side of the 2013 Meet. :D

2013 Nagarjunsagar Dam Meet

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-_dsc6524.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-_dsc6532.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-_dsc6509.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-img20130630wa0045.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-20130630_125711.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-20130630_103352.jpg

The 2018 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread-_dsc6468.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 4425248)
No memory is complete without this pose.

I had deliberately skipped this picture:Frustrati

Excitement levels of those days was just on a different level...LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4425251)
Here are some from my side of the 2013 Meet.

Oh boy! Fish Fry....Here we come:D

That reminds me. Will call them later today to make sure they have a fresh batch readily available for us

Request all to have a light breakfast so you can enjoy it during lunch

Starting Point : Sharp 8:00 am on Nagarjuna Sagar Highway aka SH-19 at ORR Exit No. 12 on the left side immediately after the Service Road Circle towards NSD ( https://goo.gl/maps/mSwoiBYvyvy )

Confirmed Names
01. Mobike008 + 2 (Ford Aspire)
02. Fordmanchau + 1 + 1 Kid (Ford Ecosport)
03. Gajadonga (Hyundai Elantra)
04. Vnabhi + 1 (Ford Fiesta)
05. Hyd_Traveller + 1 (Maruti Alto)
06. a4anurag (Hyundai Creta)
07. interc00led (tagging along with a4anurag)
08. Farooq817 + 1 + 1 Kid (Maruti Baleno)

Important Note : Please add your name to above list ONLY if you are confirmed. Tentative folks can wait till they make up their mind.