20th Jan 10 66.67%
21st Jan 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:44   #91
BHPian

Contd.....

Ho hum, Looks like i'm all out to bore you guys all over again with the GOM's view of the latter part of the meet too...

Oh yeah I did fail to mention that alongwith the topic of cars there was a loads of discussions on Music, Photography, Cameras, Mobile phones, Gadgets and various other topics which took sometime for me to understand and soak in (especially after a few pegs down). However it was very enlightening and I wsa in awe of the knowledge bank that just opened its lockers without batting an eyelid. Now I know the guys I need to ask for advice if and when I do make a purchase. After all TeamBHP is mostly about spending is'nt it? Well atleast for me it has been so, but spending wisely I should add.

There were a couple of people who did have to leave and could not join us for the rest of the meet, we did miss them, namely zappo, kutlee and shiva's friend.

It was proposed, after quite a bit of deliberation that we would head towards Bowenpally, again a dhabha on the outskirts and way away from where we had started this all to refuel ourselves in a pitstop called Diwan dhabha. There waiting ahead of our arrival were mobike008 and furioussphinx.

This pitstop only fuelled us further when kkrk2k whipped out his high octane fuel which as far as I went had some effect of a NOS charged car. Khudos to kkrk2k for his lovely contribution to the evening. THE TEQUILA WAS BROUGHT IN BY HIM

Spirits soared, mobike008 did keep us enrapt in attention with his various travelogues, kkrk2k kicking in with his impeccable knowledge of the country thats America, man does he know his north from his south and places too. I draw a blank out there. naveen.kk had furioussphinx enrapt in attention as he could dole out some very valuable advice on college life and more on other topics that a college going smarty could do with. This is one guy I envied, naveen.kk i.e, man does he have a way with the fairer sex or what. With all this heady conversation and lighter moments provided by one and all we just lost track of time. Before we could realize it, the last orders were up and oh yes if you were wondering it just wasnt Tequila that happened but the rest of it followed too. Food was served and we all were ready to go out.

It was with a heavy heart that I moved to the exit knowing well that it might be yet some more days before I get to meet these splendid people, but it wasnt to be so we were back to what we like the most, cars, performance, ICE etc, all of which prompted us to check the rides again.

For the review on the rides I would request someone else to do that since as earlier mentioned I had not the opportunity to drive in most of them. Will ensure I dont miss out on the next meet and will definitely request for a drive.

Suren

Last edited by suren181 : 22nd January 2007 at 14:49.
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:43   #92
BHPian

Thanks suren181 for the report. And sorry about what happened to you? Looks like Hyd cops have really woken up. Not the best way to end such a fantastic day........
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:59   #93
BHPian

Gotcha

Finally got your handle... had forgotten it... please blame the spirits for this, remembered your name but not the handle.

Since the day was fantastic... Nothing else matters... could have been worse was reading in the paper today that about 384 folks were challaned for DUI and another 80 odd guys were in the station till Sunday morning including a Telugu Actor who is famous... Check todays Deccan Chronicle

Last edited by suren181 : 22nd January 2007 at 16:01.
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:15   #94
BHPian

Yes. Very bad. I guess, it is better to have a low profile for few days :-). Our cops will also take it easy after some time. They just want to drive a good point.
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:43   #95
BHPian

True

The SI who i was interacting with was a nice guy. He just had to say quote "every other person we stop has the tendency to argue but you didnt so if you would take my advice any other day other than saturday is alright cos we are on a drive and it happens every saturday night" all this was in Hindi of course and literally translated.
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:59   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
guys its clear I missed a lot of action, hopefully will be a part of the next meet
Sreenivass, we are sorry you couldnt make it we missed you too... The more the merrier is what they say and am sure that'd have been a great way to be.. so guys lets make sure the next time we have the most happening and turn out a merriest meet. whatsay? everone in favour say Aye

Last edited by suren181 : 22nd January 2007 at 17:06.
Old 22nd January 2007, 18:36   #97
BHPian

Special mention -> Siva aka Windsurfer and Naveen KK - enjoyed the slipstream driving with you guys
Old 22nd January 2007, 20:19   #98
BHPian

Good fun...Felt like a rel team-bhp meet

hey guys...

Hope you really enjoyed the drive to shamirpet (Dhaba place)and the Dhaba and a special person Nana Patekar. Sorry if i missed, did somebody mention the small race after the army people had caught shiva ?.... the drive after that.
Guys i hope i didnt miss out much after i left Deewan Dhaba..

@suren: which place did you get caught? i was the reading papers and i saw 837 people caught saturday night for drunken driving. But as long you reached homne safely that more than enough.i hope you remember that you 3rd gear touches 115 with me reving it. Thanks for the report Suren

@KK : you awake buddy or still flowing in the Tequila bottle? do post some reports also...

@all : This meeting wasnt really only about meeting and talking . A lot of driving was included in this. I really felt it like real team-bhp meet.

Last edited by nosfreak : 22nd January 2007 at 20:23.
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:03   #99
BHPian

@nosfreak it was just after the bowenpally circle that i was challaned, and you bet was I happy to be sleeping on my bed and not sitting in some station waiting for some reprieve till morning like 80 odd other intoxicated gentlemen had to go through in our city
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:06   #100
BHPian

@ all: I do have to make a mention that nosfreak is one Dj who has both his bpm's and rpm's going exactly the way he wants them to be going
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:17   #101
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay.
I was waiting for our Proffessional photographer to post pics from his cam.

Here are some pics...

All cars in Line when we just reached Dhaba and parked them.

Suren's JBL ICE KiT, Sounds Awesome

Nik's Bass Tube...

Hot Colourful Hatchbacks

Here comes The Taqela

Thats Raj, me and Sagar

hopefully we will get more pics from Raj, and Ankur.

Sorry again for the delay guys.

Dont stare too much at that Bottle ;-)
Old 23rd January 2007, 00:09   #102
BHPian

Can not believe Suren owns this mobile music company !!
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,

Congratulations - somehow alcohol REALLY improves the turnout for Team-Bhp Me(a)ts ..

And the pics with all the cars is pretty cool .. BUT where's the group picture with everyone named on it - someone please do the needful . ..

@Suren .. I really like your setup .. am planning to go for the same Amp and Base Box for my OHC in March .. will probably have a word with you before I go ahead ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post

@kkr2k2 - Dude you were asking me what a Mini-Meet is .. it's just when 10-15 of us meetup almost every weekend .. he he .. it's mostly just a Delhi phenomena ..

you can check this page out for an example ..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2007-a-5.html

Regards,
Manveet.

p.s. and do post more pics yaar .. like the ones in which ppl get drunk and fall all over the place .. or dont tell me THAT didn't happen ??

Last edited by manveet : 23rd January 2007 at 11:46.
Old 23rd January 2007, 17:40   #104
BHPian

[quote=manveet;360126]

@Suren .. I really like your setup .. am planning to go for the same Amp and Base Box for my OHC in March .. will probably have a word with you before I go ahead ..

Manveet.

Manveet, your welcome yaar anytime anyday... and yeah me am waiting to see all the pix too... was a good time and some of them like kkrk2k were there from 10:00 AM on...
Old 23rd January 2007, 17:42   #105
BHPian

Thanks

Naveen and katalyst, thanks for posting those pics... hope the rest move on too to get them uploaded. which will happen soon, I guess. (hopefully)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks