Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:18   #16
BANNED

Re: Team-BHP Meets in Travancore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeJiva View Post
What Say?
Thank you for the invite but unfortunately working days don't work for me since I'm currently pursuing a venture that requires me to be present in Trivandrum during the weekdays, and trust me if the possibility of taking a break was present then I would've definitely joined.

As for Dhanushkodi...

Team-BHP Meets in Travancore-imag0378.jpg

I've been to Dhanushkodi on the CT100B, though I didn't write a travelogue as my fellow rider had met with an accident and we had to skip Pondy which was planned to happen the next day and returned in stead, i.e

Day 1 : Trivandrum to Dhanushkodi
Day 2 : Dhanushkodi to Trivandrum

It's not that hard a ride from Trivandrum, only concern being you need to ensure your tank stays above the half range everytime you ride past a fuel station. Also do make sure to keep your speed in check when deviating towards the Rameswaram road as the road might seem never ending and in the mix its quite possible to encounter unmarked speed breakers.

My friend encountered one such speedbreaker than coincidentally was also barricaded(read, low visibility) as a result he wrecked, and though we did manage to reach Dhanushkodi, we decided to call of Pondy and return the next day.

BTW, I'd be PM'ing you my contact just in case.

Edit: PM doesn't seem to work!

Ride Safe,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 22nd August 2019 at 17:22.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 22:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Thank you for the invite but unfortunately working days don't work for me since I'm currently pursuing a venture that requires me to be present in Trivandrum during the weekdays, and trust me if the possibility of taking a break was present then I would've definitely joined.
I understand. Next time then.

Quote:
It's not that hard a ride from Trivandrum, only concern being you need to ensure your tank stays above the half range everytime you ride past a fuel station. Also do make sure to keep your speed in check when deviating towards the Rameswaram road as the road might seem never ending and in the mix its quite possible to encounter unmarked speed breakers.
Thats so helpful, nothing can beat experience. I'll watchout.

Quote:
TW, I'd be PM'ing you my contact just in case.
Edit: PM doesn't seem to work!
I tried earlier for this post, but couldn't locate the link.
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:21   #18
BHPian

I might be in Poovar for a week from Sep 7, not confirmed yet. Will be driving down from Bangalore.

If you folks have anything planned for that time I would love to join in.

I know it's Onam season, so I am guessing people will be busy with the instead

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 12:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

A.P here from Trivandrum/Kollam, having taken notice that a number of automobiles on the road on this side of the state to be sporting Team-Bhp stickers I thought it would be apt to start a thread to get to know each other and eventually plan a meetup.

What say?

So that's all about me, do introduce yourselves so that we may one day graduate to the very first Travancore Team-Bhp meetup!
I was searching T-Bhp for a possible Tvm Meet threads and ended up here, Thank you Aswin for the initiative. I am Justin From Trivandrum, I will be available at Tvm From December 21, 2019, to December 26, 2019, if any of you guys are available in any of these dates am free to Join.

I drive
Honda City 2017
Fiat 1100D 1972

I ride
CL 500 Chrome 2013
Pulsar 150 2005
Honda CB 350 1972
Bajaj Chetak 1983
justin.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 12:28   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.das View Post
I was searching T-Bhp for a possible Tvm Meet threads and ended up here,
Ola Justin,

I'm presuming I'd be around TVM at that time as well, if not I can ride from Kollam.

It'd be a treat to see your CB350 in the flesh, I'm currently restoring a 1999 Chetak, if she gets done by then I'd ride her to the meetup.

If other bhpians could confirm we can settle on a date and proceed. Also it would help if you guys quote this message when confirming as that'd ensure I be kept in the loop.

Thanks,
A.P.
Old 17th December 2019, 12:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Ola Justin,

I'm presuming I'd be around TVM at that time as well, if not I can ride from Kollam.

It'd be a treat to see your CB350 in the flesh, I'm currently restoring a 1999 Chetak, if she gets done by then I'd ride her to the meetup.

If other bhpians could confirm we can settle on a date and proceed. Also it would help if you guys quote this message when confirming as that'd ensure I be kept in the loop.

Thanks,
A.P.
Let's meet Aswin with available members. CB is still in pieces but she is expected to be back on road by mid-2020. I will attend the meet in my Fiat 1100D.

Quote:
Ola Justin,

Aswin I have an idea for gathering more bhpians. What about searching the team-bhp member's list by location and sending a mass PM for the meet.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT -

Please quote only relevant bits of a post.

Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2019 at 17:18. Reason: Back to back posts.
justin.das is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 19:27   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Aswin I have an idea for gathering more bhpians. What about searching the team-bhp member's list by location and sending a mass PM for the meet.
Is that possible? I didnt know we had the option to generate a roster of bhpians by location.

Else we could still find those who've replied to this thread and send a PM.
Old 17th December 2019, 19:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Is that possible? I didnt know we had the option to generate a roster of bhpians by location.
Yes, it's very much possible Aswin. The only issue is we have to filter by location and then have to go to each profile and send a personal message for those who have PM option enabled.
Old 18th December 2019, 20:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I was searching T-Bhp for a possible Tvm Meet threads and ended up here, Thank you Aswin for the initiative. I am Justin From Trivandrum, I will be available at Tvm From December 21, 2019, to December 26, 2019, if any of you guys are available in any of these dates am free to Join.

I'm from Trivandrum and I can surely jump in.
kozhissery is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 16:15   #25
BANNED

Hi Trivancore'ites,

Our first official meetup has been set to happen on 23rd December 2019.
Time: 15:30~16:00
Venue: Longtime, Jawahar Nagar, Sasthamangalam, Trivandrum.

Super excited to meet y'all in person!

P.S. Tagging members who've shown an interest way back, I'm really sorry guys it took too long to set a date. Special mention for which goes to Justin for expediting the process.

Regards,
A.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
I am Anto Baby; working as Consultant Oncologist in a private hospital near Thiruvalla. Even though I am 120 km away from Trivandrum, it is okay for me to drive down to Trivandrum to catch up with fellow Team-bhpians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Hi

I am Akhilesh here. Would like to join if there is a meet planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Hi fellow BHpians ! About me, I'm Aswin from Pathanamthitta,
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
I'm in. About time we had an active thread for Kerala (err, Travancore) meetups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeJiva View Post
Hi Ashwin,

I work in Technopark and my home town is Ranny, Pathanamthitta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Hello fellow Trivandrites - I recently joined the community. I live and work in Kochi, but goes to Trivandrum during alternate weekends.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 19:07   #26
BHPian

There's already a thread related to Trivandrum meets, right? Why can't we use that?

And moreover most of us are around technopark. So let's make it close to technopark.
jithudigitised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 19:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that's all about me, do introduce yourselves so that we may one day graduate to the very first Travancore Team-Bhp meetup!
Not sure if this is the first team-bhp meet at Trivandrum, I remember attending couple of meets during er... last decade actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
There's already a thread related to Trivandrum meets, right? Why can't we use that?
And moreover most of us are around technopark. So let's make it close to technopark.
+1 for locations near Technopark! Yes there's a thread on meet-ups in Trivandrum -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...ts-tvm-93.html (Quick meets in TVM)
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 21:25   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yes there's a thread on meet-ups in Trivandrum -
Good to know that you'd be joining in.

As for a separate thread, as the title says this is to include meetups in the whole of the Travancore region as at the time of creating the thread I felt including a practically accessible geography would not only improve participation but would also ensure that we get to experience a change of scenery.

Since Justin initiated and planned logistics we're having the meet at Trivandrum, if next time say Dr. Anto picks it up we'd be having it at Kottayam etc.

Now the reason it's not a Kerala meets page is cause practical feasibility of riding to say Kozhikode for a chat over biriyani(I've personally done this ) and riding back the same day is questionably challenging for someone from the south and vice versa.

So I hope that clears the motives of why this thread exists, if not then I guess we can simply ask the Mods to merge both threads. Either way is fine as long as the essence remains the same.

Cheers,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 21st December 2019 at 21:26.
Old 21st December 2019, 22:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you'd be joining in.

As for a separate thread, as the title says this is to include meetups in the whole of the Travancore region as at the time of creating the thread I felt including a practically accessible geography would not only improve participation but would also ensure that we get to experience a change of scenery.

Since Justin initiated and planned logistics we're having the meet at Trivandrum, if next time say Dr. Anto picks it up we'd be having it at Kottayam etc.

Now the reason it's not a Kerala meets page is cause practical feasibility of riding to say Kozhikode for a chat over biriyani(I've personally done this ) and riding back the same day is questionably challenging for someone from the south and vice versa.

So I hope that clears the motives of why this thread exists, if not then I guess we can simply ask the Mods to merge both threads. Either way is fine as long as the essence remains the same.

Cheers,
A.P.
You made me login after ages.

@clevermax...pick me since you confirmed you are going. Working day though.. will see.

@jithindig..
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 01:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

First meetup?

We used to make the next day's papers after our meet ups. *sigh*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks