Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 14:56   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

My Ezhimala trip is right back on. I would miss the auto expo on 25th. Shall attend in case I return by Sunday.

Driving on 24th morning. Any fresh route ideas are welcome.
Mistakenguy?
Old 21st May 2013, 16:31   #1577
BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

@Dhanush: I believe you are leaving in the early morning and you know the route already. Still sharing this for public good

Good old NH 17 is the best route to travel to Kozhikode and beyond and it easily wins my vote due to low traffic, decent road structure et al. Icing on the cake, I have never seen an interceptor in this route

The Chamravattom regulator cum bridge is a real blessing and last time I went, the approach roads were also in good order. Please don't go via Kadalundy after Parappanangadi. Turning right and joining the main highway at Chelari is the best way to go.

From Kozhikode, there is an interior route which takes you directly to Koyilandy, but I would suggest this route only for night travel.

Lookout for those dividers in the narrow roads after Koyilandy.

After Kannur, go via Pazhayangadi !
Old 21st May 2013, 21:33   #1578
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

10 confirmed members + 8 tentative members is no doubt a good number for the meet.
Make that '11 confirmed members'. Me and wifey will be coming for the drive (unless there is an urgent call from work)
Old 22nd May 2013, 06:32   #1579
Senior - BHPian

I am all for taking the Idukki - Kattappana route for the onward journey if the road conditions are good. Maybe we should aim for an earlier start then?

I have a colleague who is from kattapana, can check the road conditions till Kattappana with him.
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:07   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post

The Chamravattom regulator cum bridge is a real blessing and last time I went, the approach roads were also in good order. Please don't go via Kadalundy after Parappanangadi. Turning right and joining the main highway at Chelari is the best way to go.

From Kozhikode, there is an interior route which takes you directly to Koyilandy, but I would suggest this route only for night travel.

Lookout for those dividers in the narrow roads after Koyilandy.

After Kannur, go via Pazhayangadi !
Thanks buddy for the detailed route. After kannur I had planned the pazhayangadi route.

I had never travelled through the regulator cum bridge. I hope the approach roads are well marked. This is not updated on the map in my GPS.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:11   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaFan View Post
Make that '11 confirmed members'. Me and wifey will be coming for the drive (unless there is an urgent call from work)
Its 12 now! Updated list below.

Meet : DRIVE
Date : 2nd June
Venue: Vagamon
Route : to be confirmed

Confirmed :
1. vaisakhr
2. dhanushmenon + wife + 2 kids
3. Sree83
4. naveen.raju+wife
5.mistakenguy
6. Jacs
7. Amalji
8. BigBrad
9. rajoy123 + Wife
10. Speed.Demon
11. deetjohn
12. ImprezaFan + Wife

Tentative:
1. Recallers & Coolclouds
2. revintup + wife
3. Voyageur (Aren't you confirmed? Its just matter of deciding on Bike right?)
4. Eagle eye
5. Figo_mba (???)
6. Beejay
7. Alexpaul

Last edited by jacs : 22nd May 2013 at 10:13.
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:22   #1582
BHPian

Slightly off topic
The auto expo has been cancelled due to some reason.
Source:EISK
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:26   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recallers View Post
Slightly off topic
The auto expo has been cancelled due to some reason.
Source:EISK
What?? Not again? What on earth these guys were thinking?
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:59   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thanks buddy for the detailed route. After kannur I had planned the pazhayangadi route.

I had never travelled through the regulator cum bridge. I hope the approach roads are well marked. This is not updated on the map in my GPS.
Approach roads are decently marked. But, when in doubt, do ask around. Or call me
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:07   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
when in doubt, do ask around. Or call me
Sure buddy. Will do.

By the way, in case it starts raining by June fall, whats the decision on the trip? As per the latest satellite picture, the conditions are favourable for the onset of monsoons by the beginning of June.

If its raining, in my opinion, we should call off the trip. In slush, there is nothing to see in Wagamon. We can rather do a non stop circular trip in case it rains. We can take a considered decision on the penultimate day.

It is requested that everyone take a look at this thread the previous day of our trip (01 Jun) by around 6 PM for the final decision in case of rain.

Opinions please.
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:18   #1586

Quote:
By the way, in case it starts raining by June fall, whats the decision on the trip? As per the latest satellite picture, the conditions are favourable for the onset of monsoons by the beginning of June.

If its raining, in my opinion, we should call off the trip. In slush, there is nothing to see in Wagamon. We can rather do a non stop circular trip in case it rains. We can take a considered decision on the penultimate day.

It is requested that everyone take a look at this thread the previous day of our trip (01 Jun) by around 6 PM for the final decision in case of rain.

Opinions please.
to Dhanush's opinion.

However, rather than a 'non-stop' trip (where we may not have enough time to interact), why not consider a destination near to sea level (literally, like Alapuzha beach - there is a small sea-facing restaurant that has enough space for >20 people) or a house-boat trip from Alapuzha / Kumarakom... I accept that these may be boring options with < 3 hrs drive and may be considered only in case of non-stop rains -- and makes it more of a meeting rather than a drive. Just MHO.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:40   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaFan View Post
to Dhanush's opinion.

However, rather than a 'non-stop' trip (where we may not have enough time to interact), why not consider a destination near to sea level (literally, like Alapuzha beach - there is a small sea-facing restaurant that has enough space for >20 people) or a house-boat trip from Alapuzha / Kumarakom... I accept that these may be boring options with < 3 hrs drive and may be considered only in case of non-stop rains -- and makes it more of a meeting rather than a drive. Just MHO.
Restaurant at Alappuzha looks good to me. However, boat trip in rains is not something I will vote for. Boating is not the thing to do when its raining. BELIEVE ME. You won't miss anything
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:03   #1588
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to Dhanush and Impreza. In case it rains, we can drive to Alleppey, grab a bite at that restaurant and return after lunch. So I guess we can delay the journey a bit but problem is with Jacs and few others who are driving from Muvatupuzha. They will need to drive a bit longer if that's not a problem for them.

Anyways, as Dhanush mentioned, the final decision can be made day before the trip so I advice all to follow the thread till the very last moment.
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:56   #1589

Quote:
Restaurant at Alappuzha looks good to me.
"Violet Woods" is what I had in mind - took (a good) tea from there once. Not sure about food taste. Please see link for reviews & pics:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurant...ha_Kerala.html
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:26   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Good we keep a back-out plan for Vagamon. Most sources are positive towards monsoon to hit early this time.

A drive to Allepey followed by a chit chat in a beach facing restaurant is no doubt a good option.

Is Imprezafan pointing the shack? I am already in and may be my family would also join being a quick drive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks