Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 17:09   #571
BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Awesome. Something that is badly needed here. I'm in for this. Let's all meet up next time and plan on how to bring this out. Ok, guess it's time to plan the date for the next meet as well.

Next weekend? Am in for sure this time
That would be an awesome initiative. Came around this website while searching for something. Auto404 Complaint Box - Report Traffic Violations in Bangalore
The site says, its for reporting and tracking traffic violations and mess in bengaluru. I am not sure about the efficiency and success rate of such a site, but I do believe something like that should be in Kochi also. With the increasing number of vehicles, mess created by the city private buses and auto-rikshaws, I think such a reddressal mechanism will help out the poor public in Kochi. What you guys say? May be somebody from Bengaluru can comment on this site's effectiveness. Lets make a disciplined and accident free Kochi
Old 11th May 2011, 09:36   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
That would be an awesome initiative. Came around this website while searching for something. Auto404 Complaint Box - Report Traffic Violations in Bangalore
The site says, its for reporting and tracking traffic violations and mess in bengaluru. I am not sure about the efficiency and success rate of such a site, but I do believe something like that should be in Kochi also. With the increasing number of vehicles, mess created by the city private buses and auto-rikshaws, I think such a reddressal mechanism will help out the poor public in Kochi. What you guys say? May be somebody from Bengaluru can comment on this site's effectiveness. Lets make a disciplined and accident free Kochi
Good one. Hope they can shed some light on this. Yes, something of this sort is really necessary here in Cochin. Had enough of the private buses. They keep testing my patience each and every day. Something like this can atleast show some improvement.

How about May 29th Sunday? Let us all meet up and discuss on this. Hope to see more members this time. Keep the thread updated and let's fix a date on this. Keeping 29th so that more members can get to see this thread and plan accordingly. Let me know if 29th is not feasible.

Thanks all.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:40   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Good one. Hope they can shed some light on this. Yes, something of this sort is really necessary here in Cochin. Had enough of the private buses. They keep testing my patience each and every day. Something like this can atleast show some improvement.

How about May 29th Sunday? Let us all meet up and discuss on this. Hope to see more members this time. Keep the thread updated and let's fix a date on this. Keeping 29th so that more members can get to see this thread and plan accordingly. Let me know if 29th is not feasible.

Thanks all.
I would've loved to join you. But I normally travel on all weekends to my home town (Pala). My presence is necessary there, since I have my wife and little one waiting for me
Old 11th May 2011, 11:57   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would've loved to join you. But I normally travel on all weekends to my home town (Pala). My presence is necessary there, since I have my wife and little one waiting for me
No issues. Let us know if you change your plans
Old 11th May 2011, 14:33   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Quite understandable. But do let us know in case of any exception.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:43   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
What I will propose is: Let us make a TBhp Cochin chapter or sort, or whatever organisational branch set up with direction from top Bhpians, enroll and group together maximum existing and new numbers to meet the Cochin City Police Commissioner, Cochin Mayor(Personal connection with me), Traffic Commissioner etc. to get connected ourselves for our voluntary service in fair driving, traffic management, accident rescue related fields.
You know well, Kochi need more of voluntary initiatives, where traffic is a guess work and private bus drivers are driving in a 'Make your road' fashion in packed roads.

Police department is out of resources in man power, money etc. They will sure welcome our service as an all India based organisation of 'disciplined but expert drivers'.
After all we can utilise our spare time better, in a nation-building effort !
Great initiative .. Sunney sir...probably we can launch a traffic & driving awareness campaign (sort of fuel efficiency campaigns conducted by car manufacturers) or a movie/poster campaign with the help of higher authorities and senior Bhpians in Kochi .
alexpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 20:21   #577
BHPian

Yes, Alex.
Unless initiate some worthwhile actions, TBhp will not become active here, 'cause we have no good roads to conduct a Driving related pleasure trips, not much of trekking spots etc. Utharkhand/Ladak is too far for us for any driving expedition etc.

Same time much can be done in safe driving, traffic safety issues, which we properly initiate, the authorities will support.
Yes, Tbhp is a treasure-trove of experts in auto related expertise, which is under-utilised....
Let us meet and think collectively, what is possible.
Thanks for the response.
Old 12th May 2011, 20:38   #578
BHPian

Sorry friends, 29th is no. Not upto end of June.
Sister, family coming from US, I will be full-time driver with them to Goa, coorg etc.

Why cant we make it 15th or 22nd this month?
Old 13th May 2011, 09:35   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Sorry friends, 29th is no. Not upto end of June.
Sister, family coming from US, I will be full-time driver with them to Goa, coorg etc.

Why cant we make it 15th or 22nd this month?
15th - fine
22nd - Not available

Let's see if others can make it.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:40   #580
BHPian

So, are you guys making a program to meet 15th, day after tomorrow ?
Accordingly I have to rearrange my program for that Sunday.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:54   #581
BHPian

I won't be available on 15th Sunday. But if you are planning to go ahead with the plan, I'll try my best to join.

I'm fine with 22nd as of now.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 13th May 2011, 17:00   #582
BHPian

I wont be available for the coming sunday meet as I will be at my native place for some personal work.

22nd is also doubtful as I will be goin to Vellankanni with family
Old 14th May 2011, 09:24   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

So 15th and 22nd not possible. So when is the next best date guys?
Old 14th May 2011, 16:42   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So 15th and 22nd not possible. So when is the next best date guys?
Hi. I am one of the new entrants. Presently at Goa, but will be repositioned to Cochin by 5th- or 6th of June. If the meet is sometime after that I'll try to make it count.
Old 15th May 2011, 07:52   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Hi. I am one of the new entrants. Presently at Goa, but will be repositioned to Cochin by 5th- or 6th of June. If the meet is sometime after that I'll try to make it count.
I think the meet will only be after that since many are engaged this month. Will keep the thread updated once we fix the date.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks