Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 12:44   #1246
BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

So 3pm it is. Worried about the sun though
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Can someone please share the exact location of the meet? I'm in town today and would really like to meet some petrol-heads !
Follow the link.

Regards,
Old 27th January 2013, 15:12   #1247
BHPian

Guys is the meet still on?
Old 28th January 2013, 09:10   #1248
BHPian

Was a good meet.

I turned up about half an hour late to see aveoman and 275BHP waiting. While waiting for the others, 275BHP and aveoman were discussing everything, from the TBHP rules to the German language, while I was ogling all the time at aveoman's alloys!

After that Naveen and vaisakh turned up in his brand new swifty.

Vaisakh, your ICE setup is awesome, man!!

We were all over the swift. checking out everything from the DRLs to the ICE to the DIY floormats he got inside it.

Then Figo_mba turned up in his cute orange Nano. Aveoman was thrilled at the sight and immediately went for a test drive.

I must say, even I couldn't resist the cutesy car and took it for a spin as well.
Returned very impressed with the low end driveability, the superb AC and the amount of space on offer. Really, the perfect city car! =D

Then, upon seeing the number of TBHP stickered cars together, JayD pulled up in his beautifully restored Landmaster Amby. I must say, I really admire his dedication to that car - everything in it is original from the dials to the headlights. He's even got white wall inserts for the tyres!

Vaisakh, where are you? Time to show off your camera skills man, post the pictures! =P
Old 28th January 2013, 09:40   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see new faces to the gang. Great meeting you 275bhp and Aveoman. Waiting for the pics Vaisakh.

Let's plan the next meet in advance so that others can make it.
Old 28th January 2013, 17:39   #1250
BHPian

It was a good one. Met two more new bhpias, aveoman and 275bhp. Thank you guys for coming even though it was a very quickly fixed meet.

Rides in order - Mine, naveen.raju, Speed.Demon, Aveoman, 275bhp(uncle's car), figomba
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4602.jpg

Aveoman taking a TD of figomba's nano, Have to say he was really excited to drive it.
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4619.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4625.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4629.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4631.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4637.jpg

That is a beautiful color for the car.
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4639.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-_dsc4678.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, Naveen and me were thinking for a one day drive meet for a very long time. We used to mention this in each and every meet. I think we need to plan one very early itself.

How many of you guys will be ready for a short drive? Location can be fixed any where. Athirampally, Kodanadu, Kumarakam, Munnar etc. Need to plan early to have nice successful meet.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:40   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
How many of you guys will be ready for a short drive? Location can be fixed any where. Athirampally, Kodanadu, Kumarakam, Munnar etc. Need to plan early to have nice successful meet.
Missed the meet, can't make it at such a short notice. I am in for a drive, but please do plan at least 3 weeks in advance.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:43   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in.

But as you said, it has to be done very soon, else it won't happen.
Old 28th January 2013, 20:06   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Good pics Vaisakh. I'm definitely in for the meet. Let's plan this weeks in advance. I guess we all can meet up next time and plan something.

So I guess it's time for the next meet. Sometime in Feb, say Feb 24th? What say?
Old 28th January 2013, 20:09   #1254
BHPian

I'm ready to meet up soon, but could we have the meet on the Sunday before the 24th? That is, Feb 17th?

Reason is I will most probably not be able to attend meets after the 22nd as I will be too busy for a while.
Old 28th January 2013, 20:45   #1255
BHPian

It was great meeting like minded folks in my hometown. The pic of the Nano with the apartment in the background is fantastic vaisakh! Also naveen sir, hats off to the ICE you've got.

I would love to be a part of the drive and will surely make it if I'm in town. But as mentioned we'll have to fix a date soon.
Old 28th January 2013, 21:05   #1256
BHPian

Speed_Demon: I overslept :( Add me+1 in the next drive.

Prashobh Bhai: bring laddoos at the next meet, your car seems to be the highlight of the meet!!

best regards.
Old 28th January 2013, 21:09   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Nice photos guys! Our Kochi is more beautiful now
Old 28th January 2013, 22:56   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
It was a good one. Met two more new bhpias, aveoman and 275bhp. Thank you guys for coming even though it was a very quickly fixed meet.

Rides in order - Mine, naveen.raju, Speed.Demon, Aveoman, 275bhp(uncle's car), figomba
Hey Vaisakh - excellent pictures. I like your style.

Good to see the head count growing. Keep up the good job .
Old 28th January 2013, 23:07   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Hey Vaisakh - excellent pictures. I like your style.

Good to see the head count growing. Keep up the good job .
Thanks Jose, missed you very much. We are planning of a drive meet soon. Will keep the thread updated.
Old 29th January 2013, 00:26   #1260
BHPian

Amazing meet at an amazing location with like minded and amazing enthusiasts! I had a blast.*
I was initially expecting Speed.Demon's Ocean Blue WagonR LXi. Being new to Kochi, I had to take two rounds of the Pachalam lake road, as I was suspicious about the correctness of the location I reached. I kept thinking if I was supposed to be on the other side of the Gosree Bridge. After completing my second round of the new road, I spotted a light blue Honda Jazz S M/T with team-bhp stickers on the boot as well as the rear bumper, looking equally perplexed and confused as I was. I rolled up behind the car, flashed the lights and out came a young dude who asked me if I came for the "bhp meet". I replied with an affirmative. I introduced myself as "aveoman19" and he introduced himself as 275BHP! Now we're two. Now, I'm not too punctual at a lot of things, but this meet was special to me. Bunking my German language class and lying to my dear father that my classes will get delayed, I was at the spot at 2.50 p.m. and so was 275BHP. As a not-so-proud owner of an Apple i4S, I was not able to post anything enquiring about the probability of the meet with the other members as my battery charge was down to 3%. We (275BHP and myself) decided to take two more rounds of the Pachalam road in hopes of finding the fellow members of our Bhp clan. After getting exhausted, we waited and then came the Ocean blue WagonR that I was waiting to see all this while! Speed.Demon was with us. For sometime, I marvelled at the sight of the black wave graphics on the car and surprised that the alloy wheels that I saw in the posts online on the car were in fact black wheel caps! Speed.Demon, you sure pulled a fast one on me mate. After few more minutes of Agonising wait, naveen.raju saheb arrived in his nicely yet subtly accessorised White Swift VDi with functional metallic side skirts, beautiful Headlamp combos and brand spanking new 205/55 R15 made in Japan Yokohama tyres. After another ten minutes of enthusiastic discussion amongst the four of us, we were joined by a pretty white Damsel, case in point, vaisakhr's newly acquired Pearl White Swift ZDi! Now, it felt like a proper team-bhp meet. While we were checking out the space and quality of the new swift and comparing the same with the older generation swift, we saw a delicious mango coloured cutesy young lady lining up behind our mundane cars. It was figomba a.k.a Prashobh Sir's Tata Nano Limited Edition. I instantly wanted to go for a test drive. Luckily for me, with just a one line introduction, "hello Sir! I'm aveoman19. May I take a look at your new car?", he obliged and told me to take it for a spin. I happily did and loved the moment I started the car and the AC just chilled my bones! The way it pulled from standstill with utter élan and took U-turns on a dime, made me fall in love with the car. After me, it was Speed.Demon's turn to experience the very same feeling of Joy that I did. As an icing on the cake, we spotted another beauty, albeit an iconic one at that. She was none other than a 1958 Hindustan Ambassador Mark 1. JayD rolled up in style and he has maintained this old lady in all her pristine glory. Two tone paint? Check. White wall insert tyres? Check. Original Interior? Check. Column mounted gear shift? Check. Original Gasoline engine? Double check! Even the inside rear view mirror, Smiths manufactured meter console marked in MPH and the blaring horn which gave me a mini heart attack (It was that loud) were all original!
Oh yes. I did get a chance to go on a short drive on this beautifully restored Ambassador. Prashobh Sir was very disappointed with the way my 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT performed and it was obvious as I can't remember the last time I serviced my car! I can assure you that the car is awesome. It's just me who is at fault here. We have one of the best professional photographers in the forum. vaisakhr. Armed with a DSLR camera and a pair of hands that are sturdier than the trunk of a tree, he was born to shoot. Shoot pictures of course. A magician behind the lens! The only grudge I have against vaisakhr is that he didn't put up the pictures that I painstakingly took; a sloppy attempt at capturing him in the collage. I was scared to death operating the DSLR which costs a whopping 70000 Indian Rupees! I kept asking him, "what if it falls from my hand?" I was that scared. I was more like a caveman looking at a spaceship. The baby in me wanted to reach home early and everyone else understood me. naveen.raju Saheb actually helped me trace my way back home and everyone else had to cut short the meet because of me. I apologise to all for the same. All in all, it was a Birthday Gift for me on a regular day! Thank you all for a wonderful experience. Let us do it again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks