Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 13:09   #646
BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
We can opt for an indoor meet. Go to some coffee shop, sip tea for 3-4 hours till they kick us out .

We always have the option of malls. Food court at nucleus mall is deserted, ideal for us.
+1 to what you said Naveen. I really like the food court at Nucleus. The place is always deserted and quiet. We can sit there for hours.

- Jose.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:27   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
+1 to what you said Naveen. I really like the food court at Nucleus. The place is always deserted and quiet. We can sit there for hours.

- Jose.
Yep Naveen/Jose thats a good spot for express meets (During lunch hours). Next Month I may not be available on Sundays. You guys know the reason why .

Saturday evening(11th, 18th) will be fine for me.

Incase of rains, probably what sunney had informed earlier I too dont mind sitting on Mercy rooftop or @ Highway gardens lawn(Covered) .

Hoping to meet more senior BHPians (JK / BHP_maniac) & newbies (Dhanush/Speed.demons)in coming months.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:18   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Yep Naveen/Jose thats a good spot for express meets (During lunch hours). Next Month I may not be available on Sundays. You guys know the reason why .

Saturday evening(11th, 18th) will be fine for me.

Incase of rains, probably what sunney had informed earlier I too dont mind sitting on Mercy rooftop or @ Highway gardens lawn(Covered) .

Hoping to meet more senior BHPians (JK / BHP_maniac) & newbies (Dhanush/Speed.demons)in coming months.
Alex, driving to Mercy on day time is sheer waste of fuel and time. Its better to go for some other places like Nucleus. If its deserted most of the time then its our best place to sip a coffee within 2-3 hours. Only thing is its little more far than the other places like GS, Oberon etc.

BTW, hope your Velankanni / Kodai trip was a success, we have cut short the trip as some of the ladies were against the Kodai trip after the long journey. My stomach was got upset and was in hospital on Monday due to food poisoning. What a memorable trip was it
Old 24th May 2011, 21:25   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Alex, driving to Mercy on day time is sheer waste of fuel and time.
Not necessary that we need to drive till Mercy, u can park ur vehicle @ palarivattom, Hop into the famous private red bus and land directly at mercy's footsteps. (No wonder why people like mercy a lot).
Caution: Somethings dont mix very well. So I always prefer to take local transport on such occasions.

Quote:
Its better to go for some other places like Nucleus. If its deserted most of the time then its our best place to sip a coffee within 2-3 hours. Only thing is its little more far than the other places like GS, Oberon etc.
Yep sure . Will plan for lunch meets in nucleus.

Quote:
BTW, hope your Velankanni / Kodai trip was a success, we have cut short the trip as some of the ladies were against the Kodai trip after the long journey. My stomach was got upset and was in hospital on Monday due to food poisoning. What a memorable trip was it
Trip was fine...I couldnt visit all the places in Kodai due to lack of time. Did you had food from the same hotel where we met in the evening ?
Do keep pudin hara tabs in hand when you sense some sort of discomfort after eating food from outside . Take rest buddy and hope to see you soon in quick meets.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:00   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

@Alex - I dont mind going anywhere as long as the place isnt crowded. Nucleus would be ideal since I went to the food court few days back and it was deserted especially during weekdays (lunchtime).

Yes, know the reason behind your unavailability on Sundays

Hope you got to click some pics of your trip.

@ Sajan - Yep, a bit far when compared to GS and Ob but it's worth since the place is deserted. Also a bit of shopping possible here LOL.

Hope you are doing well after your engine cleanup LOL. Take care.!
Old 25th May 2011, 10:32   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Trip was fine...I couldnt visit all the places in Kodai due to lack of time. Did you had food from the same hotel where we met in the evening ?

Do keep pudin hara tabs in hand when you sense some sort of discomfort after eating food from outside . Take rest buddy and hope to see you soon in quick meets.
Yeah we had food from the same restaurant but that was Ok, we had a quick visit to Pazhani for one of our friends and had a light dinner from Balaji Restaurant which was seems to be hygienic. After that only my bowl started irritating

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@Alex - I dont mind going anywhere as long as the place isnt crowded. Nucleus would be ideal since I went to the food court few days back and it was deserted especially during weekdays (lunchtime).

Yes, know the reason behind your unavailability on Sundays

Hope you got to click some pics of your trip.

@ Sajan - Yep, a bit far when compared to GS and Ob but it's worth since the place is deserted. Also a bit of shopping possible here LOL.

Hope you are doing well after your engine cleanup LOL. Take care.!
Alright, lets meet at Nucleus next time. My engine and fuel tank was OK only thing there was some miss firing
Old 25th May 2011, 14:54   #652
BHPian

Good to see a lot of activity here. I would like to join up for the meet too. I am ready on any weekend other than the first one cos i have some personal engagements.
And yes rightly said Nucleus mall is deserted on weekdays but not quite so on weekends.
Nucleus mall court on a weekend ?? hmm probably deserted between 1200-1600hours

Will follow this thread now. very happy indeed.
Old 25th May 2011, 15:06   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Good to see a lot of activity here. I would like to join up for the meet too. I am ready on any weekend other than the first one cos i have some personal engagements.
And yes rightly said Nucleus mall is deserted on weekdays but not quite so on weekends.
Nucleus mall court on a weekend ?? hmm probably deserted between 1200-1600hours

Will follow this thread now. very happy indeed.
Good to hear that you are free during weekends. More new guys are planning to come after June 7th. So we decided to meet after that.

Just watch this thread for updates. Will be updating the time and venue in the coming days.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:30   #654
BHPian

I am moving to Cochin permanently from first week of June. I would love to join some of the meets there. Will keep checking this thread for details.

Currently planning to go for the June 2nd meet in Trivandrum.
Old 25th May 2011, 18:14   #655
BHPian

Good to see lots of new faces are coming from Kochi. Welcome all to the most active Chapter of Team-BHP in Kerala.
BTW, Count me in at any time except Sundays, for a 'Collision' in the 'Nucleus' mall ;-)
Old 25th May 2011, 18:17   #656
BHPian

I would love to attend Kochi meet if it is after 12th June. I have a training for New Force SUV from 7th to 10th of June.
Old 26th May 2011, 09:39   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
I would love to attend Kochi meet if it is after 12th June. I have a training for New Force SUV from 7th to 10th of June.
That's great. We shall definitely arrange a meet that time.
Old 26th May 2011, 09:40   #658
BHPian

Wow! We have so many people waiting to meet each other. I'm glad .

See you soon.

- Jose.
Old 26th May 2011, 09:45   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

So guys how about June 18th (Saturday evening) since most of the guys are free after June 2nd week. Confirm the date and then we shall plan the venue.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:14   #660
BHPian

i am on. 18th is fine with me. Guys please respond and then we can decide on the venue for the meet. or shall we plan for nucleus mall in maradu ?

Most Viewed