Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2007, 23:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Folks, we had a quick, short & sweet mini-meet in Kochi today.

I met Zak and a friend of Zak's, ArtofZen, and MaxBHP near the Goshree Bridges late in the evening. Nikkibike came along soon. I showed off my ICE a bit We went to Pizza Corner for dinner. Zak's cousin met us there. MaxBHP's friend also joined us there soon. We took over a corner table and started on cars

Some Pics:

From left to right: Zak's friend, Nikkibike, myself, Zaks' cousin, Zak, ArtofZen. That's MaxBHP's friends arm you see in the right corner. MaxBHP snapped the pic.

From left to right: MaxBHP, Zak's friend, Nikkibike

From left to right: Zak's arm, ArtofZen, MaxBHP's friend.

From left to right: Zak's cousin, Zak.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th July 2008 at 19:52. Reason: Thread title generalised for mini-meets.
Old 9th January 2007, 00:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

No pics of the cars???

Hey... heard there are some seized imports in kochi... Any nice cars??? Shall we join the party???
Old 9th January 2007, 00:17   #3
BANNED

My cousin is known as Irfanmon here in team-BHP.

We met up near Marine drive. It was me, MaxBHP and Thaha first. Then, Artofzen came. Then Hydrashok pitched up with hyper super duper ICEd up Palio. Then Nikkibike came. We had some uninvited guests this time; MOSQUITOES!! Bloody big and so many!!! I feared we should've been lifted off the ground!!

We decided to catch up a bite at Pizza Hut and left. Had a nice hearty meal with loads of Pepsi. Then we split.
Thanks for the meal Hydra!!
You owed us something for that happy smile Team-BHP has brought to you thru your very nicely ICED Palio!!!

Nice, small, short and quick it was!! A well description of todays meet.

@NikhilB!! Yes, And it's still growing dude!!!

Last edited by speedzak : 9th January 2007 at 00:25.
Old 9th January 2007, 00:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I am hungry !! And those pizzas look yummy

Nice pics though....

@Zak --- You still with that wierd hair thingy on your face ??
Old 9th January 2007, 08:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture from my phone cam !
This happened to be a surprise meet and the turn out of teamBhpians were impressive.

And here is alink of a car you'd literally D I E to see !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/351091-post1255.html

Last edited by maxbhp : 9th January 2007 at 08:57.
Old 9th January 2007, 11:28   #6
BHPian

Wow!!!!

Thatz a great snap-y repo dude!! should've included some car snaps too!! anyway..next time....

maxbhp, I'll run over that 'ammaavoo' owner when I see him on the road..... don't worry!! ugh!!!
Old 9th January 2007, 14:35   #7
BANNED

We also had the opportunity to lay our eyes on a very wierdly vinyled Astra.

And we also got to meet another BHPian in shorts. Bang in the middle of MG road at 4pm!

Lessons learnt from this meet.
1. Never order any Indian Pizza at Pizza Hut.
2. Keep a pack of Mosquito coils handy in your car.
3. Pizza hut has one of the worst air conditioners in business.
4. If you have an excellent ICE setup, keep it a secret. Or get ready to pay for the next team-bhp meal.
Old 9th January 2007, 15:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

guys be ready for another meet this weekend, oh, hydra; be the host
Old 9th January 2007, 16:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks btw if there is a meeting happening this weekend in Kochi, please count me in. I think WhiteKnight also will be in Kerala for this weekend.
Also is the speedrun happening @ Nedumbassery as discussed?
Zak you have my number, do sms and let me know.
Old 9th January 2007, 16:40   #10
BANNED

There is a Speedrun???

Man, yes! There's a tarmac race happening at Nedumbasseri Airport. All the team-BHP members from this side of the world will make it to the venue I guess.

Wait for a new thread going to be opening soon discussing this.
Old 9th January 2007, 16:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Was that a ques' posed to me mate? I thought it was disussed as a speed run in Kochi , anyways my bad.
Old 9th January 2007, 18:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bhaiyon aur Behnon, we should have a proper Mega meet this weekend at the Tarmac race. Do let us know who will be coming to Kochi this weekend here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/20330-quickie-mini-meet-kochi.html

JK, you missed your chance :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
4. If you have an excellent ICE setup, keep it a secret. Or get ready to pay for the next team-bhp meal.
It was a pleasure :-)

Last edited by hydrashok : 9th January 2007 at 18:43.
Old 5th May 2008, 00:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Double celebration meet in Kochi

I'm just back from the meet.

We Kochi folks met up today to celebrate the addition of Hydra's Hatch II to the Kochi Stable, and to celebrate A S H V I N's birthday.

I started SMSing folks by 5.30ish. Zak helped out with a few numbers I did not have. Those who made it to the meet:

1) Nikkibike
2) AHA!
3) Hydrashok
4) A S H V I N
5) A S H V I N's friend
6) Speedzak
7) Joseph and wife (Hydra's friends)

JayD had a family function to attend (the meet was called at really short notice), DrPullockaran was in a weekly wrestling session with the almighty, kphilip & Jake were out of town, and Mansidea & Ripper could not be reached. We missed you all!

Though I had asked everyone to meet at Pizza Hut at 7.00PM, I got there at 7.20PM. Nikki and AHA! reached there at 7.00PM. I'd been washing the car before leaving, all in vain - it started raining on the way :(

A S H V I N and his friend arrived shortly after I got there in the Zen with the best exhaust note in town.

Zak offroaded right onto the parking in his Qualis, in a few minutes.

We'd got our seats right then, so we got in and started chatting. Ordered our Pizzas and drinks after a while.
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-nikki-thaha.jpg
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-thaha-ashvins-friend.jpg
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-ashvin-zak.jpg

My friend Joseph and his wife came over soon and we started digging in, in full earnest. A S H V I N got the customary Birthday Honours from Pizza Hut and we had a nice time shouting at the top of our lungs.
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-s-h-v-i-n.jpg

Most of the talk was movies (much to Nikki's frustration) as we had 5 movie nuts (Joseph and wife, A S H V I N, Zak and myself) around the table. We left at about 10.00 and had another gab session (80% engive-vengine) outside Pizza Hut. Thaha had left in between (some family members had to be driven home). He had a flat on the way, and Zak rushed to the rescue.

Joseph, his wife and I moved to Coffee Beanz for some coffee and stuff, and Zak & AHA! joined up soon. We had another really long round of talking, with topics ranging between medical operations (and gory details) and NLP (my friend Joseph is a well-qualified Trainer). We left our table and continued talking outside. I had to leave by 11.30. For all I know, they're still talking NLP out there

I had a great evening. Thank you, folks! Looking forward to Nikki's long-pending birthday treat and A S H V I N's treat next.

NOTE to Mods
: Could you please merge this thread with this one?: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...eet-kochi.html
(This thread is locked right now, so I could not post there.) Please also leave that thread unlocked after merging the threads.
Old 5th May 2008, 01:41   #14
BANNED

Ha ha ha! It was another great one.
I was leaving to the airport when I got the sms from Hydra. Confirmed and off I went to the airport, dropped my dad and came home. After a quick shower and dressing up, I left to Pizza hut.

We had some massive plans for A S H V I N's birthday party, so we kept it aside today and went ahead with Hydra's treat. Yummy, piping hot pizzas, pastas and some chilled out drinks. We loved it.
Thanks Hydra!

Thaha left early to drop his family home after their shopping but had a flat on the way. I drove to the spot, gave my car to him and changed the flat tire by the time he returned. Half the pizzas were already digested by all the tight nuts and jack lever. So, had to catch some thing for a drink atleast.

Called up Hydra and found out that they're still having a coffee session at Marine drive. So, decided to join them. And what a splendid decision it was!
Apart from my favorite irish coffee, I had one of the best chatting session this year. Man! What did we discuss not? Cars, women, premarital relationships, medical surgeries. Psychological terms, dogs, NLP, difference between Honda cities, a woman loving cricket, movies, religion, Hyderabad, Ashok and last but not least, the Coffee!
It was so nice that it carried on till 11.30 and Hydra had to leave. Me, Aha!, Joseph and his wife stayed on for some more time before we called it a day.

In between, there was a plan for a GoKarting session today. But the stuffed bellies with Pizzas voted against it. More coming from Nikki, A S H V I N etc.. I guess.

Mods! Merging with the old thread would be a good idea. Please do the favours. Thanks.
Old 5th May 2008, 06:36   #15
rippergeo

missed messages

I was about to rant and curse for not being called, when I decided to check my phone which has been sitting in the car for the last 24hrs.
3 messages.

so when is ashvin's treat?

Last edited by rippergeo : 5th May 2008 at 06:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks