Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 11:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Check out this page for Malaysian Visas.
Old 6th March 2007, 23:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Got Malaysian visa valid for 1 year with multiple entry for Rs1300/-
Old 9th March 2007, 07:02   #93
BHPian

The race is less than a month away now

I'll be coming back to Bangalore end of march and returning to KL just before the F1 (4th April).

If anyone needs any help you can contact me through PM. I'll try to do my best
Old 9th March 2007, 07:19   #94
BHPian

People looking for transport option from KL to Sepang check this site

Express Rail Link Sdn Bhd (375839 H) Official Website

They have a package for RM100. Transport from KL to Sepang (train+bus to sepang). Normal charge is RM35 one way in train + RM 3 for Bus to Sepang. A lot of savings.
Old 15th March 2007, 07:32   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
People looking for transport option from KL to Sepang check this site
The TCI package includes "Return transfer from hotel to race circuit on Saturday and Sunday"

I have booked my tickets, landing KL 7PM on 6th and leaving 10AM on 9th.
Old 15th March 2007, 22:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Malaysia easing rules for some visitors from India, Middle East

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will relax visa restrictions recently imposed on visitors from a southeast Indian city, and will allow Iranians, Iraqis, Syrians and Palestinians to stay longer in the country, the government said Thursday.
Indians who use Chennai as an exit point but are not residents of the city will be granted a visa on arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak told reporters.
Chennai residents, however, will still have to obtain visas beforehand from Malaysian missions, he said.
In December, Malaysia stopped issuing visas-on-arrival for all Indians arriving from Chennai, saying many from that area have abused tourist visas to work illegally.
Najib said authorities discovered that 25 percent of those arriving from Chennai were overstaying, which means that they were not returning to India after their one-month visas expired.
But Najib noted that the blanket ban on visas was making travel difficult for other Indians who traveled to Chennai from other cities and towns to take a connecting flight to Malaysia.
"Those who use Chennai to come to Malaysia - because there is easy connectivity from Chennai to Kuala Lumpur - we will grant them visas on arrival. But Chennai residents will have to apply beforehand,'' he said.
Home Minister Mohammed Radzi Sheikh Ahmad said 19,000 visitors from India and China overstayed between September last year and now.
He did not provide a breakdown between the two nationalities, but said 3,000 of the overstayers were from Chennai, the capital of India's southern state of Tamil Nadu.
But Malaysia also wants to woo the wealthy Indian tourists who come to the country in droves, mainly from northern states, and are among the biggest spenders here.
As part of a strategy to encourage visitors from the Middle East, Malaysia will also extend the length of tourist visas on arrival for Iranians from 15 days to three months, and those from Iraq, the Palestinian Territories and Syria from 14 days to 30 days.
"These are part of efforts to promote ourselves in the west Asian market,'' said Najib.
"One of our strategies to attract tourists is to extend the length of stay for tourists.'' - AP

Malaysia easing rules for some visitors from India, Middle East
Old 20th March 2007, 13:54   #97
BHPian

Less than 3 weeks left for the race. I'll be coming down to India and flying back to KL on 4th of April.

Would love to meet anyone who is staying in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Mangalore.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:43   #98
BHPian

Hi All

Cant make the trip due to another commitment that has come up .. I have already paid 14 k , anybody interested in taking my place at a 50% dicount pls pm me ..
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Got our Visas done....two working days & the buggers have given us one year multiple entry ones though I can't see us going back so soon!

Also, in line with one of Nachu's suggestions, for those of you who do not want to depend on the hotel shuttles, there's good news - they are offering special fares of RM 100 for three day return tickets between KL Sentral & Sepang (train & bus). This is DIRT CHEAP & you can check this out if you're interested -
http://www.kliaekspres.com/f1event.html
Old 25th March 2007, 08:07   #100
BHPian

I have been asking Elsy for contacts in KL and other logistics details, but no response..

Have anybody heard from TCI recently?
Old 25th March 2007, 14:56   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, Been co-ordinating with her since our visas are in process. If you wish, forward your queries to my email and I will have the same sent to her.
Old 27th March 2007, 14:08   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Normally_crazy and I are arriving into KL a day early for some fun and frolic. (No, not with each other).
We will be staying at the same hotel on the 5th also.

Which means, we'll give you guys a warm welcome in the lobby, I guess.

One thing is confirmed though, Air India and Malaysian, have a code sharing and the flight (regardless of whether you have an AI or MH booking) should be operated by Malaysian.

Flight details for Sam and N_C

AI432 - BOM-KUL 05APR 0010 arrive 1035
AI6194 - KUL-BOM 09APR 1755 arrive 2000

We have given in our passports for the Visas as well which should be arriving on the 30th of March.
Vroom Vroom boys. Vroom Vroom.
Old 27th March 2007, 14:21   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Normally_crazy and I are arriving into KL a day early for some fun and frolic. (No, not with each other).
We will be staying at the same hotel on the 5th also.

Which means, we'll give you guys a warm welcome in the lobby, I guess.

One thing is confirmed though, Air India and Malaysian, have a code sharing and the flight (regardless of whether you have an AI or MH booking) should be operated by Malaysian.

Flight details for Sam and N_C

AI432 - BOM-KUL 05APR 0010 arrive 1035
AI6194 - KUL-BOM 09APR 1755 arrive 2000

We have given in our passports for the Visas as well which should be arriving on the 30th of March.
Vroom Vroom boys. Vroom Vroom.
I'll beat you to it. I arrive at 6 am but I leave at 6.00am on 9th - you can give us a warm farewell
Old 27th March 2007, 14:30   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I'll beat you to it. I arrive at 6 am but I leave at 6.00am on 9th - you can give us a warm farewell
Umm ajmat, We arrive on thursday morning. 20 hours before you.
Old 27th March 2007, 17:59   #105
BHPian

Hi Sam , AI 432 is operated by AI and goes via Del if I am not wrong , you might want to check this with your travel agent, since the MH flt usually arrives at about 0700 Hrs into KL

Most Viewed