Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 19:20   #106
Senior - BHPian

Sam..!!

When will we recieve the vouchers from Elsy..!!
Old 27th March 2007, 19:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Can someone from there get me the scale models of the Mclaren and Ferrari cars... Please ..

I asked first..so i get first priority

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 27th March 2007 at 19:49.
Old 27th March 2007, 19:52   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sam..!!

When will we recieve the vouchers from Elsy..!!
Well, I don't think you need to carry any vouchers. Most of these pre booked trips are all e-vouchers anyways.
Even the recent JBL pre paid trip to Pattaya, no paperwork was needed.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:16   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni View Post
Hi Sam , AI 432 is operated by AI and goes via Del if I am not wrong , you might want to check this with your travel agent, since the MH flt usually arrives at about 0700 Hrs into KL
Frankly it doesnt matter at all lol.
A competition was organised by Amex at a mall (where we have a store) for merchants and their clients. Basically if you bought X amount worth of stuff, you got lucky draw coupons. If the customer won something, the merchant would win the same thing. The Prize was 2 free tickets to Singapore.

One of our clients won. So did JBL. And Sam takes all the free stuff (because he can)

Of course only the TDS and taxes had to be paid by us on the free ticket (so much for free), but all of that amounted to MUCH MUCH less than the regular price than everyones paid.

At my personal request, a big effort was made by the necessary parties and they changed the Singapore ticket to Kuala Lumpur. A Big thanks to The American Express Bank and Confluence Integrated services from New Delhi.

Unfortunately we are in no position to change anything. So it doesnt matter if the flight is going via Delhi or New York.. And tickets for the 6th early morning are sold out. So Normally_crazy and I are going on the 5th and are gonna party and shop with the ticket money we had set aside.

muhahahahahahahahaha! Muhahahahahahahaha!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 27th March 2007 at 20:18.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:24   #110
BANNED

I'm arriving at KL on 6th noon. Yes, qualifying will be on by then.
Where can I meet you all? Is it possible to give the details of the transfers from the airport, Sepang, etc.. Is it possible to come to the qualifications after I reach there?

How many are staying back on 9th and leaving on the 10th? I would be doing that.

Thanks.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:41   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'm arriving at KL on 6th noon. Yes, qualifying will be on by then.
Zakko, 6th will be practice run. The qualifying will be on the 7th and raceday on the 8th.
You will reach KL at noon, so by the time you get your bags off the conveyor belt, finish immigration (not in that order) transport to the hotel check in and unpack, it wont be noon anymore. Pointless to come running in the middle of things. I suggest you chillax and wait for us to return.
Eat some noodles till then.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:50   #112
Team-BHP Support

I arrive Fri morning, got to fit in some shopping (a little) and visit to some "big shot" elders also. Leave on Monday early morning. Might have to give qualifying a miss or hook up a little later
Old 27th March 2007, 20:51   #113
BANNED

Oh god! I'm completely off my head today.

I'm arriving on the 7th noon (11:45am). Yes, saturday.
Ain't it a bad day to chill in the room while qualifications are running hot?
Huh, but I'll have to miss it I guess. (hazaar frustrati smilies!)
Old 28th March 2007, 09:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ain't it a bad day to chill in the room while qualifications are running hot?
Huh, but I'll have to miss it I guess. (hazaar frustrati smilies!)
Just a suggestion - leave your luggage at the Airport (I'm sure they'll have a place you can leave & collect later for a small price) & take a shuttle to the track (shouldn't take you more than 15-20 mins).

Qualifying is at 2 pm, watch that, go back to the Airport, collect your luggage & make your way to the Hotel (by taxi or the train). Slightly complicated but at least you get to see the qualifying..........
Old 28th March 2007, 20:35   #115
BHPian

I am going to apply for visas tomorrow in Chennai, my travel agent says that it may take a week's time, as an alternative i have a tatkal scheme, which costs Rs.3000/-.... but for the moment i have opted the normal route...

What should i do? Should i take the chance?

What's your experience.... how long did it take for the Visas??
Old 29th March 2007, 10:40   #116
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You sure waited till the last minute, didnt you? Just apply immediately and go for whatever fast scheme you can get. Consult with the travel agents.

Quote:
and visit to some "big shot" elders also. Leave on Monday early morning. Might have to give qualifying a miss or hook up a little later
WHAT!! You are missing qualifying for social visits...do that in Bangalore man. Quali is as much fun as the race is since you get to hear one engine in isolation.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:02   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
my travel agent says that it may take a week's time, as an alternative i have a tatkal scheme, which costs Rs.3000/-.... but for the moment i have opted the normal route...

What should i do? Should i take the chance?

What's your experience.... how long did it take for the Visas??
Man, that's strange, ours took two working days here in Delhi (as I'd mentioned elsewhere).....what's with the Chennai consulate?
Old 29th March 2007, 12:40   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
what's with the Chennai consulate?
*ahem* there isn't one suman. Malaysia generally has one high commission in most countries, including India. One high commission in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.

That's why you got yours in 2 days and we all take a week. It's the transit time taken for the passport.

Why you ask, is there only one high commission? Because Malaysia grants VOAs so, it doesn't really need multiple consulates as I guess the high commission is more to maintain diplomatic relations.

I gather that the passport needs to be sent to New Delhi and I guess the tatkaal means by air.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th March 2007 at 12:45.
Old 29th March 2007, 13:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

Aaaaahhhhhh, got it Sam, thanks for taking the trouble of explaining! They did have an Asst High Commissioner in Chennai at one time from what I remember but I suppose Visas are not issued there.

In this day & age I'd have thought it would be air in any case, tatkal or otherwise. Just a quick way of making money I guess........

Last edited by suman : 29th March 2007 at 13:16.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:34   #120
Senior - BHPian

There is a Malaysian High commissioner office right opp. Loyola college on college road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks