Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 18:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kochi Motorsports Weekend Meet -- 13th and 14th Jan

Folks, as you probably know by now, there's a Tarmac Race happening in Kochi this weekend (13th/Sat and 14th/Sun) at the Kochi International Airport. The race is being organized by Motorsports Association of Kerala (MAK).

Zak's thread on the Tarmac race: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...ce-cochin.html
MAK's website: Maruti Suzuki Cochin Autocross

Why don't we all have a looooong meet at the venue? It being a weekend I'm sure most folks can attend -- at least on Sunday (14th Jan), the day on which the real action is going to happen. I'm sure quite a few of the Coimby and Bangalore TBHPians will be coming over. And TBHPians from other places too. We can co-ordinate things here on this thread.

So who's coming to Kochi, and who's going to be competing?
Old 9th January 2007, 20:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

@HydraAshok , 14th am in for the meet,not competing though

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th January 2007 at 20:30.
Old 9th January 2007, 20:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

First customer :-) I'll look forward to meeting ya.

Its hydrashok *weep, weep* (Just joking, ok?)
Old 9th January 2007, 22:12   #4
BHPian

Well atleast c3p0 , jay, mcl and myself are coming to kochi along with a few friends .. After that we are off to some sightseeing ...
Old 9th January 2007, 22:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry mate was a typo. This is what happens when you are too addicted to TBHP and when work mixes with this addiction .
Old 10th January 2007, 01:25   #6
BANNED

Ok. I am in for both days. And my new Alto 1.1 will be participating too. I won't be driving it though.

V1p3r, Memo45, Mclaren1885, Jay etc are coming from Bangalore and Nitrous etc.. From Chennai were planning to come too. If lucky, we may have one from Delhi too. From Kerala, Expect Artofzen, Jerish666, Nikkibike, MaxBHP for sure. Others, please post your confirmations. Please, if You're not able to come, then it's ok. But, don't post your valid or invalid reasons as it may also discourage others. Thanks for cooperating.

It'll be nice to be at the venue together. We can also choose a place where we can chill out together in between the action.

Hope everybody knows the Airport and how to reach it.

Those coming from far, if you need accommodation etc.. Please PM/Call/sms me as soon as possible.
Old 10th January 2007, 07:20   #7
BHPian

oye!!!

[quote=speedzak;351922]Ok. I am in for both days. And my new Alto 1.1 will be participating too. I won't be driving it though.

oye zak!!! Thatz a great news there!!!
Old 11th January 2007, 21:35   #8
BANNED

Tomorrow is the last day to register as a competitor. After that there will be a late fee. Whoever is interested, must do that by tomorrow.

Any guys coming for the race? Spectator or participant, Please post here.

Well, we can arrange some meet!!!
Old 12th January 2007, 11:47   #9
BHPian

Hi All,

Will be there for some time as spectator on my way to Trichur since I have to attend a wedding ..

Since I am first time coming for meet how to identify you all ..bit confused..

Wish you the Very Best to all Participants from Team BHP...

Regards,

Biju
Old 13th January 2007, 22:06   #10
BHPian

wata show!!!!

Guys....been there today!!!! whata feast!!! Pete's Laura vRS, accent CRDi and Zen Steel stealed the show!!! Nice show by veteren rallyists crowd doing drifting and draging the rally prep-ped cars!! ugh!!!
V1p3r got a chance to drag and drift Pete's Accent!!! Few kids ripping a pocket bike!!! All together a great sight!!!
Zak, V1p3r and Jerish666 wud be competing in Zak's "street prep-ped" alto too!!! Zak...u gotta post lots of pics..! When are you doing it?!!
Old 14th January 2007, 01:10   #11
BANNED

Man! I just woke up from a deep slumber. Yes, saw a dream of somebody scolding for not typing some words here.

It was a great experience to be at the race venue today. Lots of special cars and more lots of action.
Today was the scrutiny day and what a day it was! Ugh, Even my sleep is full of excitement and action filled it seems.
V1p3r had a nice time with Pete's personal modified, & tuned up cars. The Zen Steel could be the hottest hatch in Kerala for now I think. We all had some chance to push our cars to its' limits in pretty safe surroundings. The excitement & action outside the track itself was so hot today. Just see what happens tomorrow.

We, Bhpians had some nice time meeting up & chatting up @ the venue. It was nice to be involved in today's happenings as a pack.

Special thanks to V1P3R & Co for coming all the way from Bangalore. I should also thank Jerish666 & family (2 and half membered family) for taking all the pain to come down. Not forgetting to mention Nikkibike, Artofzen, Hafi and some others from the forum too.

It's nice to see some of the main organisers and event managers are also Team-BHPians.

More reports and pics coming your way. So, keep peeping!
Old 15th January 2007, 00:10   #12
BHPian

hot N spicy!!!

ugh!!!! Cars ruled the day!!! Mind blowing show by INRC drivers Sandeep Sharma & Saurav Gill!!!! Wata blast it was!!! Sandeep Sharma on modified Esteem and Gill on his fully blown Baleno proved us that cars can be driven the way we dream all the lifelong!!! The track was so tight and still they show us how the cars to be handled & drifted on such situations!!! AMAZING skills!!!!

Guys from covai on thier modified Zens and esteems stealed the show today!!!

SPEEDZAK and JERISH666 competed in Group 1 Street prepared class with Zak's modified Alto-800 and won 2nd and 3rd places respectively!!!! CONGRATS GUYS!!

More repo on the way!!!!
Old 15th January 2007, 00:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Zakko & Jerish! Great going!
Old 15th January 2007, 00:28   #14
BHPian

somebody post some pics n videos
Old 15th January 2007, 01:31   #15
BANNED

Guys! It was fun. Amazing it was.
First of all thank god we atleast became the first amongst the losers.

Thanks to all for coming to watch the race.
V1p3r, Rev...., Artofzen, Kphillip, Nikkibike, me & my family (1 wife, 2 kids & da works) got together @ wytefort for dinner after the prize distribution ceremony. We had some good food, nice chatting (thanks to the race, we cribbed less about other BHPians and Mods), hearty laughs, funny mocktails etc...
MaxBHP waited for us to finish with the race formalities till late. As he stays a bit far from Cochin, he had to leave after 8pm. Sorry dude! Next time, we won't let you go.

Thank you once again for coming and making another Team-BHP meet a good one to remember.

For a change, I'm posting the names of those who gave haath this time. Yes, some had reasons not to come. But we don't mind. Right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks