Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 10:55   #751
BHPian

Thanks all for coming, Great meet .

Where are the debate photos of PrabhuAV and Siddharth, couldn't stop laughing .
Old 11th May 2009, 12:13   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Where are the debate photos of PrabhuAV and Siddharth, couldn't stop laughing.
After the meet, I was trying to re-live those moments, and the ones that immediately came to may mind were:
a) Sidharth asking Shahnawaz and everyone what a certain performance product called "TRxxxxSE" does?
b) Who was the most scary yet talented driver on the forum? I especially remember two visual description of how this chap drives
  1. Hellstar's description on the way the scorpio's hood dived when that bhpian applied brakes...lol
  2. Shahnawaz's desciption on how that bhpian chose toll gates at the last moment
c) Siddharth and PrabhuAV's debate on Indian Railways was hilarious and so were the other debates involving the duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
And yeah the Esteem sounds sweet , real nice dude !
Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
O K , O K , Here are the photo's
Nice pics Pavan. Thanks for sharing them.

The Peted Elantras were super fast, just loved the way they moved and ofcourse the way they were driven. So were the Verna and the Getzs.

Loved the way the Miata handled corners. Looked like Bratoo1 was not pushing it too much because he had his family with him. Lovely Enkeis, you have on your Miata mate.

I am not new to Pavan's Beetle, but still Herbie never ceases to amaze you. Cute thing it is:-) . My wife and I were just amazed at the way Herbie was keeping up with the modern cars. I was always keeping an eye on Pavan's car so he is not left behind but found out later there was no need to. At one point in the beginning of the drive, I pulled to the left because thought I had lost Pavan in my rear-view mirror because all I could see was a pair of squarish lights (Beetles have oval/roundish lights) tailing me at almost 20 metres distance. The chap tailing me also slows down and asks me if something was wrong. It was Pavan in his Beetle...lol. Maybe the round lights looked squarish because of the rain.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:44   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Ha! Ha! I met mclaren at the very end. I did know the way back . I took a different route thats all :P.

@PAVAN -> You missed out the getzies in your "Fastest by classification" post.
Cheers/Shyam
Shyam, I think we will qualify under the slowest of cars classification with me being the topper at 60kmph
Old 11th May 2009, 14:49   #754
Senior - BHPian

guys guys PAVAN has just classified on his impression , the entire point is to drive at their own comfortable pace and have fun that way..

@ Red_Circle- really appreciate the way to struck to your self imposed limit , given the fact that ur car was in the run-in period, i for one would have violated any limit set for myself when i had so many cars zooming around me.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:51   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Some more pics

Is this Rajeev?
If yes, when did you join tbhp? I am an old classmate of yours
If not, you look very much like a school friend of mine (as if you both were separated in kumbh ka mela)

Cheers
Old 11th May 2009, 15:59   #756
BHPian

So rightly said, every time when on these drives there seems to be a competition as who is first on the other side of the drive rather than driving in a comfortable speed, so as to enjoy the drive rather than competing with one another

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
guys guys PAVAN has just classified on his impression , the entire point is to drive at their own comfortable pace and have fun that way..

@ Red_Circle- really appreciate the way to struck to your self imposed limit , given the fact that ur car was in the run-in period, i for one would have violated any limit set for myself when i had so many cars zooming around me.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:23   #757
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Finally the night drives are getting better turn outs. Its a lot of fun, we regulars do it every Saturday night. Hoping to see more of you at the future drives.

Anoop, like I told you, Shyam took the Matthikere route. I bumped into him near my place and he thought he saw two cars turn left there and followed them .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th May 2009 at 17:24.
Old 12th May 2009, 07:07   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Finally the night drives are getting better turn outs. Its a lot of fun, we regulars do it every Saturday night. Hoping to see more of you at the future drives.

Anoop, like I told you, Shyam took the Matthikere route. I bumped into him near my place and he thought he saw two cars turn left there and followed them .
Hey where do you guys drive? If any night drive this saturday count me in. Oh! and for the latter part :P you could even say i wanted to see the night life at my college .I slowed down at yeshwanthpur flyover coz of some really bad road and whoosh these two guys where gone.

Cheers/Shyam
Old 12th May 2009, 08:15   #759
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Shyam, we drive to Kamat and then to CCD or Barista every Sat or Friday night. Just take one of our numbers and give us a buzz around Friday evening to know the plan.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:03   #760
BHPian

It would be better for guys like me if the drives is on Saturday night unlike friday as quite a few of us work on Saturday too.

Quote:
Shyam, we drive to Kamat and then to CCD or Barista every Sat or Friday night. Just take one of our numbers and give us a buzz around Friday evening to know the plan.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:32   #761
BHPian

By what time do you guys generally return back on these night drives?
Old 12th May 2009, 12:42   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
The answer to your question is available in page 4, Post 710
Old 12th May 2009, 13:08   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we even used to try the mulbagal CCD,but now that road is under 4 laning.. thats also a good drive .

we should try newer routes , a krishnagiri drive would have been nice but there would be so many heavy vehicles at the time we typically drive out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
hmm i have reached bangalore as early as 0500 Hrs , the discussions can get even more interesting like the " discussion on manned / unmanned railway crossings" , good healthy fun you know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Hey where do you guys drive? If any night drive this saturday count me in. Oh! and for the latter part :P you could even say i wanted to see the night life at my college .I slowed down at yeshwanthpur flyover coz of some really bad road and whoosh these two guys where gone.

Cheers/Shyam
that whoosh was from from Mclarens leaking turbo , instead of honking he was spooling the turbo to scare off people from the road for making way for his car.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th May 2009 at 19:10. Reason: see note in post
Old 12th May 2009, 13:59   #764
Senior - BHPian

So Rahul has a turbo on the baleno????
Old 12th May 2009, 14:39   #765
BHPian

Rahul came in his Swift diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks