Team-BHP - Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Lunch on 2nd March, 2019 (Sunny's Dhaba). EDIT: Pics from page 11! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/206179-mumbai-pune-bhpians-meet-lunch-2nd-march-2019-sunnys-dhaba-edit-pics-page-11-a.html)

Been a long time since I have seen a meet for Team BHPians residing in Mumbai or Pune. I'm not really sure how this works or who would be the right one to initiate this idea with, hence have just put it out there. Somewhere in March 2019 should be good, so that we all have plenty of time to plan and prep. Without being too ambitious, I would suggest a meeting point around Mumbai and Pune like Lonavala, Khopoli, Lavasa, etc.

Please share your thoughts if we can actually go ahead with something like this

Poll Edited to reflect two dates only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady (Post 4537391)
Been a long time since I have seen a meet for Team BHPians residing in Mumbai or Pune.

Thanks Akshay for posting this.

Let other members post their preference for either lunch(Sat/Sun) or Saturday dinner. Please post tentative dates with a poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady (Post 4537391)
I would suggest a meeting point around Mumbai and Pune like Lonavala, Khopoli, Lavasa, etc.

Please share your thoughts if we can actually go ahead with something like this

Hey Akshay!

Its been over a year now that a Pune - Mumbai meet happened.. Its a long overdue one.
Lets meet in March. And Lonavla is our (Bhpians) favourite place to hang out with friends and food..:D

Cheers,
AB

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4537407)
Thanks Akshay for posting this.

Let other members post their preference for either lunch(Sat/Sun) or Saturday dinner. Please post tentative dates with a poll.

Done, please vote for the date and we can decide a place accordingly

Thanks for starting the thread! I'm most likely in.

Is there any dhaba with as much space & as delicious food as Sunnys? If so, let's try something new. If not, Sunnys - the evergreen favourite :D. I go there like once or twice a month (I devour the cheese + garlic naan & paneer kolhapuri like there's no tomorrow :)).

Suggestion for next time: Don't keep so many poll options, else the votes will be so spread out that the poll will be indecisive. Just keep 2 Sundays in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4537964)
Thanks for starting the thread! I'm most likely in.

(I devour the cheese + garlic naan & paneer kolhapuri like there's no tomorrow :)).

Suggestion for next time: Don't keep so many poll options, else the votes will be so spread out that the poll will be indecisive. Just keep 2 Sundays in there.

There there GTO! I am drooling all over now....:D

By the way, just a thought, Can we introduce some Saturday evening dinner option too? Chilling on a Saturday night has its own charm!!
Cheers
AB

3rd March 2019 being a SUNDAY is perfect :thumbs up

Will be getting my BMW E46 or F30 :thumbs up

I will take a call closer to date. 23 / 24th March is definitely a conflict for me (most likely in Goa that weekend) but hopefully as of now any other place should work.

It'll be interesting if anyone plans to take a bike there too. I will seriously considering riding. Hopefully any venue we choose will be equally easily accessible by bike too.

Cheers,
A.

Just a thought out of the blues, why not book a bunglow kind of property and plan a one nighter at Lonavala or camping besides backwaters of Pavna Dam.

Winter is the perfect season and the meetup could be grand along-with good engagement of all too.

SPOCs can be nominated from Pune and Mumbai for co-ordination. :D

Cheers,
Amey

I am for lunch on Sun 3rd March. I'll be out of town thereafter till mid month.

PS - For choice of venue I'd vote for Sunny's.

I am open for Mar 2, 3 and 9, 10. Would prefer Sundays among them. 15 March onwards, I will be out of Pune. For lunch meet, would have actually preferred to ride there than drive but riding back after sumptuous lunch is out of question so drive it will be!

Dates: 10th & 17th are race days (motoGP & F1 respectively), so those dates were out of contention. Out of current poll dates, many members still work on saturdays and we missed some of them on saturday lunch meet last year, so it's better that we meet on a sunday. As of now, not many are talking about a saturday dinner (and an elongated meet), so it's a lunch meet on Sunday, 3rd march 2019.

Participants: We had 30+ members for meets at Sheetal & Sunny's last year. Although it's a sizeable number, it's quite less compared to active members. Let's exceed that number for this meet.

Venue: Sunny's can be a default choice. Any other options?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 4539386)
riding back after sumptuous lunch is out of question

We laugh so much that no one gets a chance for a siesta. I am open for both ride & drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni (Post 4539364)
Just a thought out of the blues, why not book a bunglow kind of property and plan a one nighter at Lonavala or camping besides backwaters of Pavna Dam.

Only issue that I see is confirmations. Our schedules are very dynamic, so are commitments. I guess, let's start small. I am sure you have planned quite a few rides that way.

Quote:

SPOCs can be nominated from Pune and Mumbai for co-ordination.
You can play the role for both :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 4539386)
would have actually preferred to ride there than drive but riding back after sumptuous lunch is out of question so drive it will be!

I would be riding down. You can join in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 4539418)
Dates: Only issue that I see is confirmations. Our schedules are very dynamic, so are commitments.
You can play the role for both :).

I'm sure a month notice should be good enough to have sufficient entries.

Cheers,
Amey

I live in Mumbai and although I am doubtful about joining for this meet ( sorry for that ) I thought of suggesting "Sheetal Da Dhaba" at Lonavala as an alternative option. The last time I had been there at midnight 2 a.m, I found it to be a good place to spend time with friends.

Poll has been edited to accomodate 2 options, Saturday dinner or Sunday lunhc for the 2nd or 3rd of March respectively. Please vote and let us finalize soon