Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2007, 23:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yeah, yeah, you have met him. But he has not met you. Such one sided meets can happen... like I have met Rahul Dravid in Bangalore airport, but he hasn't.
i do like your sense of humor san. Wish we could meet sometime.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

yup, the meet was interesting. Being aditya's birthday, we had given him the option of either the birthday bumps or cake on the face. since it was a nice cake, and he was pushing a rather "high" number (hehehehe) we decided against both! DANG! It was quite a nice site, two rows of cars proceding very slowly (much like a funeral procession) being lead by header's CJ3B. (correction if incorrect). Snapped a few pics, will post them up when i get back home!
Old 6th February 2007, 14:39   #33
sAP
BHPian

My pic archive

Here is my share of pics of the meet.

sAP
Old 6th February 2007, 14:46   #34
Team-BHP Support

That's a whole lot of photos sAP. I hope you guys will post a translated version of the featured article when it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
i do like your sense of humor san. Wish we could meet sometime.
Yeah, too bad you couldn't meet me when I met you...
Old 6th February 2007, 15:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yep, the loss is mine, samurai sir.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

E_L am sure you guys wuda had a blast and nice pics sAP.

Adi (N_Aditya) my old pal hasnt changed much. When do you intend on removing your shades dude, I remember your gleaming red voloptous looking Hero Honda and your blue M800 , from our college days. Howzz you pal ?Take a guess as to who this is ...

Not bad, happened to find Madan again an old colleague who used to work with me during my 1st job.Madan I doubt if you did remember me though.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. So you already came across 2 old friends via this thread. Not bad.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

It was an amazing meet although the attendance was only 10.Thanks to all of them that attended.

Special thanks to Supremebaleno for bringing his better half along.
And to SAP too for bringing his cute kiddo 'Ritchie' along.
It was the first meet for PJSPEED who came in his 230bhp beauty.
Thanks to GTS(the doctor) to jump out of his fatigue and come for the meet.
When moi and SAP reached the venue at 2 pm, i feared the worst that it wud be a small,disappointing meet(since the number confirmed was 18).Manek,it was sweet of u to come even after u had cancelled.Im sorry that the karting didnt happen becos none of them were in a mood for some adrenaline.Headers,N_aditya,Madan80,5u3zero-thanks for making the meet even merrier!
n_aditya: Dude,U never make it to the MONSTER meets . Im kinda feeling u're jinxed.

Guys, the chennai BHPians list has grown to 50+ and is getting tougher for me to co-ordinate.Thanks to Madan80 and islero who helped me with it.

My proposal for the next meet would be a nice drive to Pondicherry,Lunch and back.Its not necessary that everyone needs to bring their car and drive alone.We can always carpool . What do u guys say??

Last edited by nitrous : 6th February 2007 at 16:26.
Old 6th February 2007, 16:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmmm. So you already came across 2 old friends via this thread. Not bad.
Yupp SB, now this turns into proving that the world is small.
Old 6th February 2007, 17:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Adi (N_Aditya) my old pal hasnt changed much. When do you intend on removing your shades dude, I remember your gleaming red voloptous looking Hero Honda and your blue M800 , from our college days. Howzz you pal ?Take a guess as to who this is ...
Dude i think i remember very vaguely... Riju from MNTI? btw it was a gleaming black hero honda. Man this is for sure a small world.
Old 6th February 2007, 17:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yupp you guessed it right. Alrite sorry chennai folks wont hijack this thread any further.
Old 6th February 2007, 19:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
My proposal for the next meet would be a nice drive to Pondicherry, Lunch and back.Its not necessary that everyone needs to bring their car and drive alone.We can always carpool . What do u guys say??
I am game and also agree with the car pooling part.

Since the attendance at our meets is very low, our previous plans of renting out a beach house would not work out. Unless the cash rich businessmen (nitrous, headers, etc etc) amongst us happen to have one of their own beach houses along the ECR.

Another idea is to head to one of those beach spots along the ECR (after the toll gate there are lots of them) where we could have a nice spot all to ourselves, with trees providing shade from the sun. Park the cars, talk / discuss all you want about cars, revv the cars, check out the ICE, talk mods, have some beer/soft drinks (carry with us), play on the beach, dip in the sea, whatever... For lunch either drive over to the nearest restaurant or a few guys go get food for everyone. Return to continue till evening and drive back home. In short, have a nice time without having any beach house rent to pay. Sounds good ?
Old 7th February 2007, 15:22   #43
BHPian

dudes,

just received a call from the M.V guy....he says his chief editor loves the write up but is not very impressed with the foto's. They are ready to cover us for another fotoshoot anytime at our convenience. They have requested for maximum (at least 15 cars) turnout of members "with their families". This is b'coz the target segment of the magazine (which is mostly of families) would prefer pics of this kind.

They have suggested we meet at someplace like a ground where we could park all cars in a 'C' formation for the fotoshoot.

Now, this gives an opportunity for all those (including me) who missed the meet to catch up with the group once more.

Theres no hurry as I've requested them to save the write up for a future issue of the mag when they could print better pics...

So, lets get rolling....suitable date(s) please !
Old 7th February 2007, 18:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Now, this gives an opportunity for all those (including me) who missed the meet to catch up with the group once more.
I smell a rat here... no actually a bandicoot...

just kiddin. Any weekend in March will be feasible IMO, considering Nitrous and few others will be in mumbai for the speed run.

This time lets have a big meet.

E_L we shall meet again.
Old 8th February 2007, 00:54   #45
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Snapped a few pics, will post them up when i get back home!
Looking forward to it madan.
sAP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks