Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2007, 00:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous, thanks for the call. Yes, i will be there. dont know about the family though. tomorrow is a big day for us. it is my son's 6th birthday & he is all excited about it. dont know if they can take 2 days in a row. who else have confirmed. can we get a list, nitrous old boy ???
Old 5th February 2007, 00:04   #17
sAP
BHPian

List of attendees

Here is a list of those who made it to Ground zero: Coffee Day, Besant Nagar, Chennai at 2pm. Listed in order of appearance (click names to view profile)

-> Nitrous
Silver Tata Sumo Victa

-> sAP [accompanied by his 9-year old son]
Red Opel Corsa Sail

-> n_aditya
Silver Maruti Suzuki Esteem

-> headers
Grey Jeep CJ

-> madan80
Grey Fiat Palio

-> GTS
Black Maruti Suzuki Baleno

-> supremeBaleno [accompanied by his wife]
Black Maruti Suzuki Baleno

-> manek

-> 5u3zer0 (subzero)
Red Fiat Palio GTX

-> pjspeed
Black Skoda Octavia RS

Credit for organizing this event goes to Nitrous. A reporter and a photographer from Motor Vikatan [magazine] were also present (courtesy Nitrous / Slipstream?).

sAP
Old 5th February 2007, 00:54   #18
sAP
BHPian

Overview/ quick pic

An overview pic taken on my (amateur) camera just before Motor Vikatan's photo shoot. Will post a couple more in the next few days.

sAP
Old 5th February 2007, 06:49   #19
BHPian

Hope you guys had a nice meet. I am extremely sorry that I could not make it up for the meet.
Old 5th February 2007, 09:03   #20
BHPian

Sorry guys, i too couldnt make it to the meet.

Nitrous, left my mobile back home, that why no reply.

Sorry once again.

Regards
Tifosi.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet. Though it would have been more fun if we had more participation.

I am not sure what the residents of Besant Nagar were thinking on seeing a bunch of guys crowded around the open bonnet of the RS. And then a long formation of cars/jeeps driving around the road twice with the photographer positioned on top of Dhaba Express to get a shot.

My wife thankfully did not get bored and loved watching the cars especially the Jeep and the immaculately maintained RS. It is hard to believe that the RS is 2004 model. It gleams and not just exterior. The engine bay is a treat for the eyes, looks fresh from the factory. Hmmm. Motivates me to give the same treatment to my Baleno. Good job, pjspeed.

So, there we were sitting at the Cafe and suddenly aditya rushes out running to his car. It seems a truck guy was taking the corner and was getting too close to his car, which prompted him to rush to the car. When he returned, someone asked whether the truck brushed the car to which aditya replied, "No.If he had, I would have killed him." Enough to convince my wife that I am not the only one in the world paranoid about his car.

Snaps to follow.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Snaps from the meet

1) Birthday boy aditya and headers with the cake. SAP's son looking on.

2) GTS, aditya, manek and headers.

3) GTS, manek, aditya, headers, nitrous, subzero

4)

5) Headers in his jeep, with the auto-mag's photographer in action.

6) The car photo session in progress.

7) Another one from the photo session.

8) sAP's son posing for the camera.

9) pjSpeed's awesome RS.

10) Another one from the photo shoot.

11) Header's jeep

12) sAP's son trying his hand at the Jeep.

These were all I had.
Old 5th February 2007, 11:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry guys. Was caught up in a few things & just could not finish up in time & join you in the fun. How was it & where's the report ?? Would love to know what happened with the dude from vigadan.
Old 5th February 2007, 14:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

First of all a big thanks to Nitrous for organising the meet and another BIG thanks for the surprise birthday cake.

Cheers to you nitrous.

I wish more ppl could make it to the meet. But bottomline... it sure was fun and i finally got to meet some new faces from the team.

Nice pix there SB. thanks.

Guys, no offence but we need to take some cues from meets held in blore and mumbai. The turnout is huge. I was hoping to meet esteem lover, octavia2, surprise, and many other members.

the Karting session after the "media event" was called off and nitrous, madan and myself wound up at harrisons for some thirst quenchers.

Now awaiting snaps from other members eagerly.

Loved the BBS wheels on the black vRS. and man... it sure was gleaming and sparkling like new. Had a beautifully crafted cold air intake. Good job there PJ.

BTW the article will be out on Mar 1st in Tamil and a copy costs Rs. 40/- so grab it when its out.

P.S. Another session of the blind rally is held in chennai on Feb 18th (sunday). Sorry, as my previous assumption was that feb 18th was a weekday.

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th February 2007 at 14:38.
Old 5th February 2007, 15:03   #25
sAP
BHPian

Thanks for posting pics

Great pics, supremeBaleno! I didn't notice you had a camera.

sAP
Old 5th February 2007, 16:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Man, this meet was organised in a hurry & there was absolutely no chance on that sunday for an out & out typical Indian family guy like me. Although my wife insisted i should go, i could not desert her with my little one (3 years on Feb9th) having a temp of 103. i had to be with the family. very sorry about that guys. We will plan the next one in advance & try & get a crowd. I assure you that i will do my best in this regard.

@SB .. nice pics there.

Quote:
I was hoping to meet esteem lover
hey, i ve already met you pal.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 5th February 2007 at 16:10.
Old 5th February 2007, 16:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, sAP. I have a camera with me always.

Some interesting questions posed by the journo :
1. Is this forum only for rich guys ?
2. How many girls on the forum ?
Since we were not aware of any female tbhp-ians from Chennai, we mentioned some names of members from B'lore etc like wheeliej. And suddenly one member goes, "Wheeliej ? She's a girl ? And does she do wheelies ?"
3. Any weddings that happened as a result of male-female members meeting via the forum ?
4. Why does aditya's Esteem sound the way it does ?
5. To my wife : Were you OK with your husband attending these meets ? Were you not afraid that this could be a gang of guys involved in nefarious activities ?
Old 5th February 2007, 17:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
And suddenly one member goes, "Wheeliej ? She's a girl ? And does she do wheelies ?"
I too had mixed up Wheeliej with Wheelieboy until I read the Goodaism thread. Hopefully some Bangalore member will post Wheeliej doing wheelies with her Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
3. Any weddings that happened as a result of male-female members meeting via the forum ?
5. To my wife : Were you OK with your husband attending these meets ? Were you not afraid that this could be a gang of guys involved in nefarious activities ?
This line of questioning makes me wonder what they will finally print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
hey, i ve already met you pal.
Yeah, yeah, you have met him. But he has not met you. Such one sided meets can happen... like I have met Rahul Dravid in Bangalore airport, but he hasn't.
Old 5th February 2007, 18:14   #29
BHPian

hey, good to know you guys had a good time....the pics are wow, thank u, SB ! Really helps guys like me who couldnt make it for the meet.

Just spoke to the M.V guy, he was happy with the meet but feels that pics would've come out better with more number of cars and members. The write up & pics have already gone to the chief editor for approval so lets look out for the march issue.

Cheers,

J
Old 5th February 2007, 19:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream
the pics are wow, thank u, SB ! Really helps guys like me who couldnt make it for the meet.
sAP should be having more snaps. Plus you could ask the M.V. guys to email the snaps taken by them - should be more professional snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream
Just spoke to the M.V guy, he was happy with the meet but feels that pics would've come out better with more number of cars and members.
Well, even with the cars that were there, we had the road almost blocked (and a minor traffic jam), since the photographer wanted the cars parked in two rows. He actually asked for 3 rows, but we were worried about the public reaction and settled for 2 rows finally.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th February 2007 at 19:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks