Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2007, 18:11   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Water in the fall seems scarce, probably it fills up only during rainy season.

Since our trip is planned in hot march month, just expect to see only the parched rocks
yes avinash,
you are right, just got to know that nagarjuna sagar would be good place if we go there by first or second week. From thrid or fourth week onwards, its pretty sunny and hot there. So we cannot have elaborate plans there. The agenda should be drive-lunch-drive back. and who was that talking about sun-tan last time, was that you mahesh???. But this time, i am talking about it

avinash, you were there recently and i guess so were you mahesh, did you guys see any good place for lunch!!!.

avinash, this time you have to charge to co-ordinate, i will be very busy from 8th onwards.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th March 2007 at 18:20.
Old 5th March 2007, 18:20   #197
BHPian

Guys,

i don't have access to youtube at my office. Can somebody suggest some alternative video sharing sites?

How about burning all the photos and videos in a CD and distribute it to all those who want it? I can lend my notebook for this if required.

Cheers
Old 5th March 2007, 20:21   #198
Senior - BHPian

I don't like getting tanned too much! Last time when i went (can't remember when!). It was a very sunny day and i was dying to come back soon. It was blistering hot! Had some hot byriani. Got easily lost due to a badly placed signboard to reach ethipothala. Can't remember of any good place to eat. Got so bored in the sun that, i didn't take the boat ride or anything. I got in the car and came back. I am not in to the place in summer. But in rainy season it might be a very nice place!
Old 5th March 2007, 22:29   #199
BHPian

thx for the dig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
"inka nayyam etti'pottelu' analedhu...." (translation: "good you didnt say it as etti'pottelu' ") pottelu is a type of goat, famous down there in nalgonda for meat.......hmmm meat for the meet
.... they are known as 'ethi pothalu' meaning lift and poured. we commonly call them as water falls.
Come on man I am a telugu guy, I know that much. Its the transliteration that is done in different ways, I wish telugu font was available. Any ways I am likely to be in either in my ride or courtesy <who ever>.

The good news is: Fiat has not changed much and my booster problem has not appeared again yet.

Any one interested in stickers from Rudra, we may like to get them in one shot and distribute if more members are interested.

Last edited by sreenivass : 5th March 2007 at 22:34. Reason: Adding sticker stuff
Old 6th March 2007, 00:16   #200
Senior - BHPian

hyderabad meet feb 2007 - anathagiri hills

Well here goes…

It all started with me bumping into Raj from the site called BHPians…could not figure out what it was really about, till I called Raj or he called me…???

Spoke for about a few minutes and liked what I heard from him…(actually took me back to yester years) he planned to meet up with me and that was it…I did not hear from him in a long time and this was about a month…(with the BHPians…it is too long!!! )

So bang …!!! here we are again and this is the 9th of feb and things were happening…I happened to finally get into the thread the group had opened…boy that was a culture shock to this old man like me…I really loved what I read…the enthusiasm and the zeal that they put into their mails to each other and “ love quoting” each other…lol…lol…

So the D day was set for the 18th of Feb and it was a Sunday…”Sunday morning” it said

I was pleasantly surprised when Naveen pinged me…this gentleman is a lovely person and all charm…spoke to me real neat and wanted to meet up at FABS few days before the meet…”for the love of mike” could not figure it out… FABS???? Well Naveen told me….!!! It was Fifth Avenue Bakery!!!! God, I knew I was old…..well, we met and did I get a surprise….there came this awesome car…all yellow….Fiat…..and man it was souped up…you have to understand the love of the car to understand the “souped up” view…

Naveen walked out to meet me and I am sure he got a surprise…could see it in his face...here standing at Leo’s Dinette was this kinda huge guy with a ponytail…well, that did not last long…we met up and shared a soft drink…the rest blended with “time gone by”...

Now came the D day..the 18th of Feb…

Naveen picked me up and away we went….have you ever been on a fist date with a guy…(no pun intended) who you did not talk to…or JUST could not talk to??...well it was like this….I pity all the ladies out there who have guys who are “hearing impaired”…lol…lol…to get to the reason for this is Naveen just had to let me know about his music set… well what can I say…”boys with their toys”…it was great and awesome….the volume was just out of this world and I just loved it…you know why??? I STILL CANNOT HEAR MY WIFE!!!!!! Lol…lol…lol…So you men out there go out and pick out a good set….trust me it works….

Now lets cut the bull and get to the point …the drive…here is how it went…

Naveen picked me up from Sainikpuri and we met Vijju at necklace road….Vijju has a Zen…(sounds the same) do you see…I am not writing “looks like a Zen”…I wrote “sounds the same”…we were to meet the other BHPians at Medhipatnam….

And we did….

Standing around the corner were these awesome cars…awesome I say cos there were together and looking good…looking good as in like this…

The Hyundai Viva “RED” was a feast for the eyes…don’t ask me who it belonged to, but man she was looking good…

my eyes went to the RED Palio Diesel….wow….two reds and both looking awesome…..

How can I forget the Yellow Palio....

a lovely colour contrast to the reds…

Then came the very neat Santro…

I think I singled out the owner of the Santro cos he was looking a bit too neatly dressed for the occasion…

now this car was a Honda City…..and man she looked neat…like the owner….a man who loves his car…(oh, he loved his car so much, that he gave us a bottle opener and VERY politely ask us to return the opener to its place once we have finished with it!!! Lol…)..

there was this white car…the one with the ancient Japanese religion…the Zen…she was neat and tidy….it already had 1.4 lakh kms on the odo....but boy she could run…as anyone there…

And much later…we were graced by another RED Palio…Need I say more…this owner was like his car…cool and nursing a pleasant hangover….

to be continued...........
Old 6th March 2007, 00:17   #201
Senior - BHPian

Now to the folks that were there…

We had ….

Avinash and Rajshekar in the Red viva,
Suren and Sagar in the Turquoise Santro,
Naveen and Kevin in the Yellow Palio,
Mahesh Kutlee in the Fawn Honda City
Vijukrishnan in his impeccable white Zen
Shiva in his Red Palio
Satish in the Red Palio,

group pic:
from left,
avinash, satish, mahesh, naveen, sagar, vijay krishna(buddy), raj(me), kevin.

It was a sight to see…all cars moving in a very neat convoy towards Vikarabad…when I mean moving I meant, moving in the city limits…fear not….we were not rash drivers or young kids with their toys…

We were MEN with THEIR TOYS…!!!!

And we drove well…...well, till we hit the highway…and then we …no…no…the drivers I may to say….took off like the wind….do you know what happens to an old fart like me when he sits in a young mans car??? I enjoy the ride….now you have to imagine how we were driving…you have to put yourself in the driving seat and IMAGINE…..

We had Avinash leading….yes leading with about a 100 meter gap and the rest vying for the second spot,

coming back to me…my driver…the smart Naveen….with the look of a telugu film star…with the regular shrubbery around his chin…

thought it was a bit funny that a RED car can go that fast…you see…no you don’t…RED cars are meant to go fast…and NOT YELLOW cars THAT try to PLAY catch up….NOT WITH OLD FARTS LIKE ME SITTING IN THEM..!!!

Yes, I once touched 160 in a car….the windows were up…..the music was on…the woman on my side, my wife (let me be specific) was holding my hand and I touched 160…..on the dashboard…!!

But not like this…we touched 140 just chasing the RED Viva…can you imagine the RED Viva being driven so fast JUST to stay away fro the YELLOW Palio, the RED Palio, the Turquoise Santro, the FAWN City and the WHITE Zen??? because the RED Viva, did not like, healthy competition???...there was nothing healthy about the driving…did you ever sit with Shumi Bhai?? Apna Shumi Bhai??? Na?? Well the next time we go out we shall give you the please of including you in the race!!!

Back to some sober thoughts…”all that begins well….ends well” we..More so I have these comments to put down…

Sagar…Suren man…go faster…(current speed 120) I need to take a pic of the Yellow Palio….Suren’s leg was flooring the gas pedal and poor guy had a hard time getting his foot out of the chassis…the look on Suren face was something to remember…

Raj is sure a tall man…did not want to measure him…tall men have long reaches…and I had no intention of being left hooked by him…but let me tell you I saw him wobble when he got down from Viva…boy, you must commend Avinash in letting her rip…she is a good car and the person driving her had buraf ka golas…!!!
So did the others….but the heat later on melt them to a very comfy position….resting…!!! lol…

We had a nice breakfast at the local hangout…the neat stationwala Poorie Bhaji…

we next went to the railway station to look and preen at the cars…as you may know Naveen had to get his Yellow Palio in between the reds…now ask me not what this really meant….oh man this conjures up some nasty thoughts…but then we are talking about care you silly…nothing more…

We left for Anantagiri Hills…about 5 k from Vikarabad…i happened to be sitting with the YELLOW (shumi) Palio…so up we went at a very decent pace and all in convoy…

we went up some hills till we branched of the road on a dirt track…much to my liking and thrill my Yellow Shumi…as I fondly called him…(in my mind) did a neat little slide…done very neatly and we were facing the way we came…the reat piled out and were thrilled at the feat….yes they were thrilled at the feat of the YELLOW Palio slide…TILL they saw where and how close we were ….TO THE EDGE OF THE HILL….!!!!!!! Did you ever feel you were close to maker??? Well that was one day I thought I am sure going to meet him or even gat a glimpse of him….

But that last slide “I call it” was the icing on the cake for the trip that THE BHPians did a damn good job of driving and reaching the hill of Anantagiri…

to be continued.......
Old 6th March 2007, 00:18   #202
Senior - BHPian

Well there are lots more to come…. some cool pics of the cars taken on the hill:

to be continued......
Old 6th March 2007, 00:19   #203
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Daru….Tarra….Maal…Vaater….what ever you may call it….
thats me... the stock (daru) was piled inside the santro:

it was the Grog that got our chilled nerves or worked up nerves a rest….the boots started to open and the SYSTEMS started to blare…each one trying to raise the crescendo a bit…I am sure the cops in Vikarabad heard us ….5 k away…there was an assortment of Hi Fi systems and the works to go with them…an array of classy stuff you only get with folks who love their machines and life….we heard Floyd…Straits….and you name it…..a lot of hop and a little of hip…you see the little of hip was cos we were not consuming grog…we were having a nice time…

Others if reading this…what we…..as a group of car…/…bike…/ …nature lovers are trying to tell you is there should come a time where you hang out with your buddies…(within a certain frame work) and then there is family…now that is what I am looking forward tooooooo Avinash and Suren can second this, but as you may already know….Suren is moving to Poona…I don’t know the details but am sure he is leaving some time when his little chaps finish their exams…not that we are going to leave out the bachelors….

time for lunch, so we packed out to go to the dabha, so pics down the hills in the palio s10 with schumi:

touched 140kmph on this road, now you guys understand why kevin named him kcmc. pic taken after crossing 120kmph mark heading towards 140kmph:

to be continued....

Old 6th March 2007, 00:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

Now to the fag end of the trip…it was at a dhaba where you could bring in your car to your table and listen to your private music…lol

suren desperately wanted to increase his height:

and he suceeded with a beer bottles (not by drinking them but my putting on top of his head:

well it was there we had a sumptuous lunch and we added some more beers to our count…the music was neat…the boys were feeling cool….the food was HOT….(ask our tummies the next day)

And the service second to none….!!! This was the first ever out door restaurant I have been to that I could whistle out to the Maitre ‘d’ Hotel…we loved his uniform…a towel thrown over his shoulder and in sneakers…looked handsome too…we loved him for being such a great guy…HE NEVER LET US GET THIRSTY!!!!!!...

Now winding up from this special trip all the way from Hyderabad to Vikarabad to Anantagiri hills to Hyderabad…we can tell you that we have had a swell and wonderful time getting to know the esoteric tastes of our fellow BHPians…

few more shots in dedication to the beauties:

to be continued.......
Old 6th March 2007, 00:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

few pics on the return journey:

to be continued....
Old 6th March 2007, 00:21   #206
Senior - BHPian

some photographic stunts too :

NOTE: rudra sir and samurai, and the like please comment on the pics:

We close with a lot or apologies to all for delaying this report…I(kevin a.k.a. kcmc) was out station trying to earn a living…a living I want like the BHPIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

With a lot of warmth and good feelings,

And all of me…lol…

Kevin McLeod
& raj

P.S. this report has been brought you through a joint collaboration between raj and kevin with support from the bhpians. We here by declare the feb 2007 hyd bhp meet as immortal through this report.

over - and - out.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 6th March 2007 at 00:23.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:34   #207
Senior - BHPian

Kevin, that was a great writeup. Can't put it better. But sir, you were in my car (Red Palio...in case the booz made you forgot that ) when we drove back from Anantagiri back to Vikarabad for lunch. You were relaxed at last after you got a break from one yellow palio (trying to bring your memory back again).

Raj, that is one hell of an effort to put Kevin's write up and your pics together. But the pics are not loading. Not even one. If they are showing on your pc, then i think you are getting them from your system cache.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:32   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Raj, that is one hell of an effort to put Kevin's write up and your pics together. But the pics are not loading. Not even one. If they are showing on your pc, then i think you are getting them from your system cache.
damn..., i guess this is the second time happening for this thread, i shall delete the cookies and shall try. may be the mods can help me here.
Old 6th March 2007, 12:51   #209
Senior - BHPian

Are you trying to link the images directly to your Picasa album? If that is the case, it may not work. You have to upload images to free image sharing sites like imageshack.us or photobucket.com and then embed the links to that site in your post.
Old 6th March 2007, 13:02   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

@Kevin, 3 super duper cheers to you dude for the patience and wit and almost 100% accuracy of your report. That was a fantastic piece of recollection.

However, just a teeny weeny bit of correction, the guy insisting on having the bottle opener back was me, as i never go anywhere without one

@Raj, thanks for posting the report along with the pictures but none of them are loading, what is the solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks