Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2007, 22:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Agenda

Hey guys i think 9:00 am should be the meeting time at mehedipatnam. That way we have more time to see ananthagiri hills.

Here is my proposal for agenda:

9:00AM, meet at Mehedipatnam. I suggest meeting point to be right after you cross Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, the road takes a natural left, as soon as we enter the left, we shall stop on the road side. Here the road is wide, so we can park the cars there. Any ideas for the breakfast?? or have it and come.

10:00AM, start to ananthagirihills. Did someone say, comming early is a problem, sleep early on saturday, getup early on sunday. Bhp meet at such an awesome place is not something we do very often, and before noon is an excellent time to enjoy the climate while driving. From my experience, one can feel the change in the temperature when approaching the hill. Am I right naveen??

12:00PM, reach ananthagirihills. I say two hours because, lot of people dont know the place, there might be delays due to getting lost and pick up some snacks on the way and have the grub when we reach there. Then to the temple for interested souls, then drinks (soft or alcoholic) + some stuff to eat(the stuff we pick-up on the way).

1:00PM, go for lunch to vikarabad, Naveen shall show the place.

2:30PM, reach anathagirihills, roam around or take pics or jhaad ke peche 'both'gaya or......

5:00PM, start back.

6:30PM, reach Mehdipatnam safely

7:00PM, disperse or anyone interested in extended meet ??? .

lets have a blast.
raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 13th February 2007 at 23:01.
Old 13th February 2007, 23:55   #62
BHPian

thanks kk for the timings ... since i didnt read this thread for about a week... was quiet busy... its on this coming sunday right?

now 9:00 am ...urrgggghhh.. will try to be there with my red eyes half open . meeting point at Mehedipatnam..now to be frank i dunno jack about Mehedipatnam. I only know when the fly over starts off in other words the road coming out from Banjara hills to Mehedipatnam.the road is between the flyover...

is someone nr sainkpuri i heard? and guys i just 75% in to this meet. Will confirm on the last minute before 9:00.
Old 14th February 2007, 09:37   #63
BHPian

nosfreak, the road that continues ahead on fly over takes you to Mehidipatnam. Go on fly-over and contnue on the wide road with a few turns.
Old 14th February 2007, 10:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Attendance

Ok!!
lets make the headcount: (kitne admi hain??)

Confirmed List:
kkr2k2
satish_appasani
naveen.kk
kutlee
young_icon
suren181
windsurfer
kcmc
sreenivass
furioussphinx

probable list:
mobike008
nosfreak
katalyst

interested, yet to confirm:
zappo
Bulleteer

===
kinte aur baakhi hain???

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 14th February 2007 at 10:54. Reason: typo as pointed by mobike008
Old 14th February 2007, 10:46   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

@KkrK2, you named me twice and also you forgot to add the new fella into the list.

Looks like i may join, will know for sure by tomorrrow as my trip is not yet finalized and i am trying to push it to next week
Old 14th February 2007, 10:47   #66
BHPian

probables list

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Ok!!
lets make the headcount: (kitne admi hain??)

Confirmed List:
kkr2k2
satish_appasani
naveen.kk
kutlee
young_icon
suren181
windsurfer
kcmc
sreenivass
furioussphinx

probable list:
mobike008
nosfreak
mobike
katalyst

interested, yet to confirm:
zappo
Bulleteer

===
kinte aur baakhi hain???
KKR please move my name probables list or interested list as appropriate. A cuople of things are cooking up. I'll confirm hopefully by Friday.
Old 14th February 2007, 17:12   #67
BHPian

Hey Fellas,
I went to Ananthagiri Hills a few weekends ago. The drive is awesome once you hit the open stretches beyond the Chilkur diversion.
Keep the following in mind
1) Once you reach the hills(hillocks more like) there's no food or water. We had to pick up beer from Vikarabad and packed sandwiches with us from home. If there's good dhabas that Naveen knows, that'll be good.
2) There's an inspection bugalow from where the views are beautiful. The inspection bungalow was closed the day we went and no one was around so we sneaked in through a side route. But other than that and the temple there's nothing to see.
3) It looks like good hiking terrain, but to hike there, it would be better to reach the place early(say by 9:00 a.m.). That'll give us 2 - 3 hours of hiking time before it gets too hot.
I'm doubtful right now much as I want to make it. An all day outing minus family is a bit difficult, unless I make it back by afternoon. Anyone bringing their families along?
Old 14th February 2007, 17:59   #68
BANNED

hello guys ...i am also ready for the meet. i stay near ecil x road. so i can pick up any one staying near ecil x road .

hey kkr2k2 its me vijjukrishna their is some problem with my other id(vijjukrishna) so i created this id .
Old 14th February 2007, 20:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
... It looks like good hiking terrain, but to hike there, it would be better to reach the place early(say by 9:00 a.m.). That'll give us 2 - 3 hours of hiking time before it gets too hot.
I'm doubtful right now much as I want to make it. An all day outing minus family is a bit difficult, unless I make it back by afternoon. Anyone bringing their families along?
I second that. . But, we have to make a balance for all the members, as some of them will be working late in the night on saturday.

Regarding the families???
satish cannot bring his family, sreenivas he himself is doubtfull, debasis'ji' where are you???
zappo, mobike, suren, kutlee, kcmc,....

i think Kcmc and suren will not have any issues to bring in their families.

If families are comming along, I dont mind dumping the idea of booze. I am sure nobody minds (i dont know about one 'man', who likes it the indian way..... :P )

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
hello guys ...i am also ready for the meet. i stay near ecil x road. so i can pick up any one staying near ecil x road .

hey kkr2k2 its me vijjukrishna their is some problem with my other id(vijjukrishna) so i created this id .
had you not mentioned it was you. I would have suggested to call vijjukrishna

Anyways, now you have created a new id, contact any of the mods regarding your earlier id.

P.S: any mods looking at this please look into vijjukrishna's case. Thank you.
Old 14th February 2007, 21:01   #70
BHPian

:( looks like i will be missing this meet..

I guess I'll wait, patiently, for the next one.
@Mobike - my bike is back in town, am all set for a bike trip as well.

Ciao
Old 14th February 2007, 21:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post

hey .. i think i may hitchike with you.. stay at sainkpuri... just pm ur # to me. thanks..
Old 15th February 2007, 10:43   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in

Guys, i am in for sure

But, something else has developed, there is a family lunch party on Sunday and i cannot miss that so i will join you guys but, may leave early from there around 2pm so atleast i can make it back to catch a late lunch with them ( as I know they wont have lunch before 4-5pm ).

So i am in now for a bit early meet ( say 9:30am or 10am) so i can have the best of both worlds

@Katalyst, I am game anytime for the bike trip, lets plan a short trip next sunday with a short distance of not more than 150km up and down, think of something and let me know
Old 15th February 2007, 12:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys...looks like i have to miss this. Something has come up.

Plan something in the future where it is just driving and stopping only for food and i am sure in...
Old 15th February 2007, 16:19   #74
BANNED

guysss even i think i may not come . their is a party in our farm house....so i think i may miss this meeet:-( :-(
Old 15th February 2007, 21:53   #75
BHPian

so many members/cars missing this weekend... postpone! postpone!

(a lame attempt at making sure i'm around for the meet )

Most Viewed