Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 08:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Feb Hyd 2007 meet, EDIT: Pics Added!!

Hmmm!!,
this is getting interesting isnt guys. (satish and aadix)
there were days when satish and aadix had meets with two of them only.
thats the reason, i have mentioned their names specially here.

Here I am posting this thread for the Feb Hyd Team-BHP meet.

This time, we are planning for a meet at Runway-9. All you racing aficionados and people who believe in racing is for the tracks make it your day and people who dont like racing too are wellcome, its a bhp-meet guys! ! !.

Here it is how the track looks like:
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Google Maps

Here are some links about Runway9:
Welcome to Runway9
http://www.explohyd.com/runway9.html
I Love Hyderabad, Travel

From runway-9 we can move onto lunch or have lunch and then move to runway-9. I suggest the former one, as we will not be under-influence.
Nosfreak suggest a place for the lunch, are we going to the same dhaba as went last time or a new one??

Zappo, you did a fantastic job last time in designing the map, this time also your guidence is required. Please design the map to reach Runway-9.

I think 16th is the ideal day for the meet. 16th is a holiday, so all the people(mobike, furiossphinx, ....) who work/go2college on saturdays can also join us. And 17th being a saturday, we can doze off if we want to.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 7th February 2007 at 08:54.
Old 7th February 2007, 14:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a quick take on the next meet. Why is Feb 16th a holiday? are you predicting a national holiday in advance?

As far as me is concerned there are no holidays until 3rd March ( Holi) and 20 th March ( Ugadi)

Lets select a sunday, if possible
Old 7th February 2007, 15:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That was a quick take on the next meet. Why is Feb 16th a holiday? are you predicting a national holiday in advance?

As far as me is concerned there are no holidays until 3rd March ( Holi) and 20 th March ( Ugadi)

Lets select a sunday, if possible
Yes buddy, its a national holiday. Its known as Maha-Shivarathri. If your company doesnt give holiday, they have to face the warth of Religious Mods... )
Check with your HR department.
Old 7th February 2007, 21:07   #4
BHPian

No Holiday here on the 16th... Saturday would made a good day i guess... adn regarding Lunch... lets drive to Shamirpet once again after we are done with Runway 9.... the same dhaba.... Runway 9 food is a lil expensive compared to the dhaba food. I think all will agree that the dhaba place i took u guys to .. the food is really good.

@kk: want me to start with the pm'in or ur doin it?
Old 7th February 2007, 23:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
No Holiday here on the 16th...
did you check with your HR department. some religious groups might create a problem, if they know about it.

Quote:
. adn regarding Lunch... lets drive to Shamirpet once again after we are done with Runway 9....
Timings of Runway9
14:30 - 23:00 on weekdays
13:30 - 23:00 on weekends
So we better decide about the timing of the lunch, after the date is finalised.

Quote:
@kk: want me to start with the pm'in or ur doin it?
this i shall take the honour
I have the list of people who wanted to come to the meet, but couldnt, as they didnt anysuch thing happens(could be newbies) or doesnt check their PMs.
Old 8th February 2007, 00:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

kk buddy... there is no chhutti shutti for the mahashivratri. so the day has to be a different one for most i guess.

also, runway9 has a entry fee of some 200-300 bucks per person as i understand it. so check that out. its not free. however you get nice pub lunch and booze at chequered flag (attached pub).

here is the map just in case people need it...

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd July 2007 at 00:13.
Old 8th February 2007, 01:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
kk buddy... there is no chhutti shutti for the mahashivratri. so the day has to be a different one for most i guess.
As the resentment is comming from most of the people, lets change the date:
17th, some are going to miss it.
18th, i think runway9 will be crowded.
Any information about the crowd at runway9 during weekends?? somebody please share the information.

Quote:
also, runway9 has a entry fee of some 200-300 bucks per person as i understand it. so check that out. its not free. however you get nice pub lunch and booze at chequered flag (attached pub).
yeah, there is nothing called a free-lunch.
But these are the details rates as suggested by th website:
Runway9 - Facilities - Rates
and 150/- per 4 laps isnt a high amount as far as karting is concerned. Though I have seen kating at 100/- per 5 laps.
and also, the pub lunch is 125/-. Dont have any idea, what does this lunch contain. may be similar to Ten Downing Street pub-lunch.( a beer or soup, a starter veg or non-veg, a curry veg or non-veg, a rice item veg or non-veg; all this for 150/-)
Quote:
here is the map just in case people need it...
Thanx buddy, i wanst expeting anything less from you. Good Job.
Old 8th February 2007, 02:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
As the resentment is comming from most of the people, lets change the date:
17th, some are going to miss it.
18th, i think runway9 will be crowded.
Any information about the crowd at runway9 during weekends?? somebody please share the information.

yeah, there is nothing called a free-lunch.
But these are the details rates as suggested by th website:
Runway9 - Facilities - Rates
and 150/- per 4 laps isnt a high amount as far as karting is concerned. Though I have seen kating at 100/- per 5 laps.
and also, the pub lunch is 125/-. Dont have any idea, what does this lunch contain. may be similar to Ten Downing Street pub-lunch.( a beer or soup, a starter veg or non-veg, a curry veg or non-veg, a rice item veg or non-veg; all this for 150/-)
Saturdays and sundays ... Runway 9 aint that full nowdays but you never know... The pub lunch is only starters all i know. but then again rs 150/-
per person? ill rather eat the delicous dhaba food.

n reg holiday ... Its Genp****... i dont need to explain why?

Zappo sir .. i hope you can make it this time for the entire meet.

timing can be 2 hrs early from the opening of runway 9 according to indian strechable time of the meet. but isnt it that we get free laps once we pay for the entry fee. They have some package... anybody?
Old 8th February 2007, 08:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. but isnt it that we get free laps once we pay for the entry fee. They have some package... anybody?
there is a package sought of thing. but its 425/- per person if there are atleast 20 guys. more details:
Runway9 - Party Packages
Old 8th February 2007, 09:30   #10
BHPian

:( am out of town for the next two weekends :( will be back on 18th feb
Old 8th February 2007, 13:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

16th is not off for me too. It's too early for me to confirm but as of now I am going to join for the meet.

Runway 9 is good though expensive. Their battle field game is also fun.
Old 8th February 2007, 13:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
16th is not off for me too. It's too early for me to confirm but as of now I am going to join for the meet.

Runway 9 is good though expensive. Their battle field game is also fun.
satish 'anna', i hope you make it to the meet this time. had lot of fun in the last meet. (you should read the last meet report.)

dont worry, the proposal of 16th for meet has been scrapped, as some are working in the MNCs.

The proposal is either for 17th or 18th. I think we should add a poll here.

The costs incurred to me in the last meet was 400/- . So I dont think, it wouldnt excede much this time even runway9 is included. (Yeah racing is a costly affair. but in a kart its cheap)

@bhpianAny new ideas or proposals or suggestions, please suggest before Feb 11.
Old 8th February 2007, 17:23   #13
BHPian

Cool! Another meet! Am game this time pakka but it better be on some holiday or atleast a Sunday.... cant bunk coll, my attendance record is gone to the dogs already.

And guys, I wanna know if anyone is going to the Mumbai Speedrun from hyderabad, so that i can go along... Temme asap.

@Suren - Arre when do my driving classes start? :(
Old 8th February 2007, 19:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
...it better be on some holiday or atleast a Sunday.... cant bunk coll, my attendance record is gone to the dogs already.
working on it buddy. need some good suggestions on the agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
@Suren - Arre when do my driving classes start? :(
do u have your Learnng License
Old 8th February 2007, 20:31   #15
BHPian

More options pls

Guys,
I too would like to join in. I dont recomment Runway9 for the meet. I have been there a lot many times. Food is lousy rather worst part. Lets keep it to meeting each other and driving our machines rather than driving carts. this way i would get a chance to talk and interact with group members. The last meet seems to be a great way to meet. drive up and enjoy!!! Also, Runway9 gets too crowded with corporate parties on weekends again personal experience.
There is one place called Anantagiri hills about 75 kms from hyderabad a beautiful place where we can trek do camping etc. Can be a one day event or one night event.
Your thoughts pls

Check this : Hardik’s Blog
Open the above URL and find Anantagiri.

-Pavan

Most Viewed