Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2007, 07:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Ajmat sir: No brownie points for pretending deterrence...LOLzzz...And helllowww, wats up with the bournvita thing?? That too on a weekend?? I would rather have talked about some aged malt ;-)
Bad joke - Stuart Little mentioned BOOST, so I chipped in with Bournvita, looks like there too much petrol and too little milk
Old 10th February 2007, 10:10   #17
BHPian

anybody who runs into trouble at hosur.. call me my no 09443464934
But KA regn is not a problem here it seems. Even KSRTC is running.. TNSTC is not running....Dunno about tomorrow..
Old 10th February 2007, 10:21   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Bad joke - Stuart Little mentioned BOOST, so I chipped in with Bournvita, looks like there too much petrol and too little milk
Trust me ajit this Boost would leave u breathless and its something that u wont have tasted unless that certain UNCLE decides not to blow it all up because of his lust to to go further .. Id anyday prefer it over alcohol ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th February 2007 at 10:22.
Old 10th February 2007, 11:51   #19
BANNED

There're noticable troubles reported @ Mysore road today. Our poor Jay got stuck in it for hours this morning. He had to drive thru infinite villages before he returned towards Bangalore without reaching his destination.

Tomorrow seems to be a bad day for a drive.
Old 10th February 2007, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Maddur was a spot of trouble last time, Ritesh. I would be wary of that too.

EDIT: Sorry, read only 1 page before pasting.

Last edited by v1p3r : 10th February 2007 at 13:00.
Old 10th February 2007, 15:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

i think bellary road is the best option. i'm in. and to be honest dont think there will be any problems on the krishnagiri route either.
Old 10th February 2007, 15:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
i think bellary road is the best option. i'm in. and to be honest dont think there will be any problems on the krishnagiri route either.
Welcome back vikram_d. Just what are you in into?
Old 10th February 2007, 15:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

well to be honest am not into much. just constructing a new building for our factory in jigani. been busy with that. so what is the final plan for tomorrow?
Old 10th February 2007, 15:27   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Me, airshow. Plan to leave house by 730 to beat traffic. Call me on the way back from the drive. I'll most probably want to leave the show well before the end time to again avoid traffic rush
Old 10th February 2007, 21:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

OK heres what Im gonna do... I and a few other friends are taking the hosur road. We start at 6.30am from Dakshin Honda on Hosur road. People interested may feel free to join at the said time n spot...

My research tells me thats its gonna be safe tomorrow morning so We are off!!!
Old 12th February 2007, 00:09   #26
BANNED

I am Waiting now!!..................................
Yes!! A report!
Old 13th February 2007, 03:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Awessome drive...

Well, bad turnout as expected, it was just 2 cars...my OHC vtec and Vikram_d's swift...but never the less the drive was just awesssome!!!

We covered some 240kms in total...The roads as usual was excellent with barely any traffic at all so it was 100+kmph average speed I could reckon.

We were just 4 of us...Shan2nu, Grey, Vikram_d and myself with me driving the vtec along with Shan2nu and Grey tagged along with Vikram who was driving the swift.

We started a bit late say by 7.30am... I landed near Dakshin Honda at around 7:20am and was caughtup by Vikram at around 7:30am... After having a quick smoke, we got started...The traffic was relatively less but existant till prolly Hosur then it progressively died out.

Once we took the bisection that heads to Krishnagiri, the roads were all ours and we started doing things we dont get to do otherwise within the city...thats redlining 3rd gear and trying to do the same with 4th...

Vikrams swift with automech exhaust system, 205 ventus rubber was a treat to watch from behind. The swift as everyone knows is a great handler and this time it was no different. The car stayed perfectly glued to the tarmack all through and with ABS on this one the braking was super duper too. Vikram probably stopped his car a feet behind the vehicle in front on couple of occasions but he seemed to be perfectly in control of the situation as he and his companion for the drive rightly confirmed.

My OHC vtec was as impressive as ever... This Speedrun 2006 runner chomped on miles with cheer gluttony with barely any signs of hesitation. Crusing effortlessly at around 140kmph Shan2nu and myself sang the vtec praise yet again... Though the wheel balance was slightly off it was a fantastic drive with barely any signs of disturbance, be it by virtue of bad roads or due to riots(as many of us expected)!!!

We took a short break just before the TN toll gate and decided to peep under each other hoods. To my surprise Vikram shows me a self made cold air intake stainless steel piping attached to an K&N extreme filter. The piping was well done at an approximate price of 700bucks!!!!!!!! Vikram, this statement by me may bring some tbhpians to your factory doors at Jigni,,,lets discuss my commission offline...LOL!!!

The build quality of the the Automech headers that Vikram has was not too much to my taste...the pipes looked abnormally slim for some reason and the bends and welds crudely put together as agreed by Vikram himself. While I flaunted my well done MS header done by Sanjay(RAC) Vikram decides to let me know that he is gonna build his own headers at his factory soon where he has CNC machines to surface grinders to some alien stuff... this man is already a good friend of mine...haha!!!

After driving fairly 100 odd kms we stopped at some desi food stall for some Dosa's...One bite of that dosa with chutney...and Shan2nu goes "WOW Amazing chutney",LOL! But infact it indeed was pretty pretty good for that venue. After an healthy dose of 2 dosas per head and the cup of real thick tea(courtesy buffalo milk prolly) and a nicotine stick we decided to belt another 20 odd kms... It was a perfect day till there and from there on too, the climate slightly warm with cool wind blowing into our face at an average 140kmph from slightly underdrawn windows...

With a slight hint of rising air temperature we decided to take a 'U' turn and head back completely satiated with the miles we had churned...120kms till there...

We change our driving style to something much docile on our way back except once when I touched almost 185kmph on a clean long stratch... Otherwise, gently cruising at around 120kmph within no time we touched Hosur from where the traffic got a wee bit annoying...

We then halt at Madivala at around 10:30am if im not wrong for some cold well deserved water melon and mango juice where we had a quick talk on the "Tri phase" thingie that Vikram has in his car to my RD0406 ecu by Racedynamics to several other things like how none of the other tbhpians turned up for the fear of riots and violence while we had our part of fun!!!

All put together it was a jolly good time with abolutely no hiccups at all, all throughout the drive... We all decided to take these roads atleast once every month going forward. Hope to see you all soon...

Last edited by The Wolf : 13th February 2007 at 03:51.
Old 13th February 2007, 04:06   #28
BANNED

Aah! Lucky .....s!!
Guys! Well, seems like you guys really had fun. Special thanks to the whole Cauveri drama. LoL.
240kms in 3hours including peeping into others hoods and dosas sounds really good fun.
Next time, make it a bit more longer and come to Kerala.

Nice report too, Wolf. But would be better if you do the talking with some pixel kinda thingy called pics.
Old 13th February 2007, 19:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

The drive was just great. Awesome roads with hardly any traffic.

While waiting for Vikram at Dakshin Honda, we got to check out the Accord and CR-V parked outside. CR-V ain't a great looker, but the Accord (with the redesigned rear) looked stunning.

Wolf has pretty much summed it up, so theres no point in me repeating the same story. All i can say is that it really makes you feel good after a sunday morning drive.

Quote:
Nice report too, Wolf. But would be better if you do the talking with some pixel kinda thingy called pics.
I don't think anyone took snaps.

Shan2nu
Old 13th February 2007, 20:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tried any racing stuff between these two or u dont want to humilate Swift there
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks