Team-BHP - Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Oct. - Nov. 2019
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Mumbai + Pune BHPians meet - Oct. - Nov. 2019 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/214068-mumbai-pune-bhpians-meet-oct-nov-2019-a.html)

Hey Guys,

Suggesting another epic meet next Saturday - 12th October. Between Dusshera and Diwali, we can spare some time for our all year round 'pataka' Team BHP.

Suggestion: (Can discuss and finalize)

Leave Mumbai by 6:30
Place: Igatpuri.
Lunch @ Manas Resort
Back to Mumbai by 18:30 hours.

Can get good amount of time for the meet as well as have a good drive on the Mumbai - Nashik highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4669562)
Leave Mumbai by 6:30
Place: Igatpuri.
Lunch @ Manas Resort
Back to Mumbai by 18:30 hours.

One suggestion regarding Manas Resorts. I was driving towards Nashik this year and decided to stop for lunch at Manas and there was a wedding in progress at that time so they shunted us to their sister resort just before the Manas Resort.
Before finalising the meet, please check with resort whether they can accomodate a get together since the wedding season is on and lot of people will be on a break during Dusshera & Diwali.

Quote:

Suggestion: (Can discuss and finalize)

Other suggestion is Mahindra offroad academy is in Igatpuri if we can get in there would be a good fun. There would some charge from MOA if all are fine with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerpb (Post 4670785)
Other suggestion is Mahindra offroad academy is in Igatpuri if we can get in there would be a good fun. There would some charge from MOA if all are fine with it

What is the charge for. Entry or for driving round the circuit. I am OK with a charge if it is reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pganapathy (Post 4670835)
What is the charge for. Entry or for driving round the circuit. I am OK with a charge if it is reasonable.

for getting dirty course they charge 7,500 that is including Thar and full day drive with Lunch. If we have decent population we can do a deal with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerpb (Post 4670844)
for getting dirty course they charge 7,500 that is including Thar and full day drive with Lunch. If we have decent population we can do a deal with them.

And is that rate per vehicle or per person, irrespective of whether they are driving or not?

Quote:

Can get good amount of time for the meet as well as have a good drive on the Mumbai - Nashik highway.

How are the roads?

If we wait till after the elections, we might see better roads as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 4671060)
How are the roads?

Roads are quite decent even now. Need to drive out of Thane bhiwandi early to avoid traffic, rest all is a good stretch.

Unfortunately I am landlocked from both sides:

Kalyan exit has Patri Pul and Panvel exit has Shil Phata.

I am game for this drive but can only leave Airoli around 7am. If that works would be interested in the drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 4671197)
Unfortunately I am landlocked from both sides:

Kalyan exit has Patri Pul and Panvel exit has Shil Phata.

We can work out somehow. Let's have a good number of people in for it first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pganapathy (Post 4671037)
And is that rate per vehicle or per person, irrespective of whether they are driving or not?

The rate is per vehicle we can have a companion in Thar

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4671228)
We can work out somehow. Let's have a good number of people in for it first.

What dates we are looking for a meet? Is Kasara road fine now?
If it is Saturday count me in as Sundays are bit tight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerpb (Post 4671812)
What dates we are looking for a meet? Is Kasara road fine now?
If it is Saturday count me in as Sundays are bit tight.

12th October i.e this Saturday. Next weekend most will be busy for Diwali preparations, spring cleaning of homes and cars etc.

But there has been a lukewarm response on the thread.

Kasara road is good now. They have repaired the crack and both ways are operational.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 4671060)
How are the roads?

Roads are better now. If you are coming from Dombivli, I suggest taking the Padgha route via Gandhari river bridge. Traffic is terrible via Kongaon & Pimplas village route due to single lane bridge. You have to take a right from Lal chowki and go straight. For map, you can mark Aher Autoprime maruti service centre. That road goes straight to Padgha. From Lal chowki till Gandhari bridge entire KDMC road is concrete.

Regarding Patri pul, you can avoid it by taking the Metro mall -> Kalyan Station East road -> Waldhuni rail overbridge. A few kms extra but traffic is a lot better than patri pul.

For Kalyan Pune trips, I avoid Shil Phata by taking Taloja MIDC route (Umbarli Gaon Phata). Most of the road is concrete and Taloja MIDC road is quite good. Once I cross Navde road overbridge I take left and take immediate right (towards navi mumbai police quarters) and then join thane belapur road. Road is good compared to the road going towards Devanshi INN.