Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 19:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla

Special shout out to Mohanrides and Sukiwa for making this happen. I know a lot of people that would not be able to get 4 people to agree for a starter dish, let alone get 38 grown up men to ride together.
Sirs, your tenacity to make this ride happen is really commendable.

As a side note, this was my first T-bhp meet and I had no clue on what to expect. But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised, by how warm almost everyone was (none had the typical badass biker attitude), there were hugs and smiles all around.

The ride was so well planned and executed we are planning a mini meet shortly.

Again many thanks for Mohanrides and Sukiwa for making this happen.

Cheers,
ac

Last edited by ac 427 : 17th February 2020 at 19:39. Reason: Typo
ac 427 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 20:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla

Mohan, thank you for organizing the meetup and bringing us all together. It was very well organized. I was delighted to meet so many Bhpians and I finally got to put a face behind the names I've known from the forum over a long time.
And a very apt occasion too, 16th Birthday of Teambhp that we could all participate in. It probably couldnt have been better.
Thank you and Cheers.

On a side note, I think Teambhp should officially nominate you to organize all meetups. The attention to detail was amazing and getting everyone a name card was extremely well thought out.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 17th February 2020 at 20:21.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 20:24   #18
BHPian

Damn.. I missed this. I wish I didn't have the family commitments that I had this weekend. Next time I will surely make it. Among the pictures, I saw a familiar face too, from my Dominar group.
jd10ent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 20:26   #19
BHPian

Thanks a ton to our wonderful organising duo of mohansrides and sukiwa, It was my first TBHP meet up and I had a wonderful time.

Going into the ride, I only had a brief acquaintance with happysmiles but that changed pretty quickly once we reached the venue! Met some wonderfully spirited and passionate people along with some drool worthy machines!!
The ride was a bit short (only around 60k from Pune, but that left a lot of time to just hang out at the venue.
Looking forward to more such rides in the near future.

Here are some of the pictures that I took.

Very nice idea to make these tags!!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5344.jpg

The surprise cake after a very heavy breakfast!!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5334.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5335.jpg

The triple and the twin!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5339.jpg

Spanking new ZX-6R with sukiwa's Jawa in the background

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5340.jpg

Another mean Ninja alongwith the Bonnie and the Interceptor. The Bonnie and Interceptor share a strikingly similar paint scheme!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5341.jpg

The towering tiger!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-img_5342.jpg

Tried to get all the bikes into one video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZTqExDwgsT5WdtrBA

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2020 at 05:18. Reason: Spacing.
jomson13 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 20:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Man. Some of the guys, if not most look positively wiser than me! Good to have seen the photo profiles, helps make interactions a bit more judicious in the future lol! I thought bevivek was a wee 20 year old buying the CB300

Both Sukiwa and Mohan look set to punch through the faces that didn’t make it haha.

What a fun meet up.

Your move Mr Hunt (Ethan).

Last edited by Red Liner : 17th February 2020 at 21:07.
Red Liner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 22:10   #21
BHPian

Big thanks to @mohansrides. He was alternating between request mode, follow-up mode, stern (in a very nice way) mode, and the only thing that he could have possibly done is to probably offer a lollypop to all of us in order to entice us to attend the meet.

He took care that everything was arranged properly and coaxed and cajoled not only the Mapro Garden management to open before time but also the cake shop.

Kudos to your dedication and hard work (i am sure Sukiwa has done the same for the getting the Pune team to the venue). We look forward to many more such meets in the future (was the first meet for me so feeling very elated). The camaraderie between the team members is amazing and I really feel proud to be the part of Team-BHP.
ThePatientMan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 23:30   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A big thanks to Sukiwa and Mohan for making this ride happen. Arranging an inter city meet is definitely not a small task - but the kind of co ordination done by Mohan was amazing. I am sure the same was done by Sukiwa for the Pune gang. Right from contacting members, following up, arranging for the place (Mohan went a day earlier to ensure the place was available to us), getting the cakr, putting up the banner and what not. All this seems easy when a group of people are handling it. But I believe these 2 guys handled it single handedly. Kudos to them!!

Being one of the first members - this was my first Team BHP meet and it was an amazing one. All we had to do was ride, meet and eat - everything was laid out to us.

I was supposed to ride with AC427 from Mumbai , but I got late and the kind of speeds I do (Captain Slow), I requested him not to wait for me but to move on. We (bro and me) probably reached 45 mins later than the rest of the gang. Breakfast was in full flow - sandwiches and pizza. Self introductions happened, met some old timers - sorry if we didn't get to meet and greet all the others present there. But yes, next time we should do an intro round (unless we missed it).

Overall it was an amazing fun filled meet. Looking forward to more of these.

Thanks Sukiwa and Mohan!!
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 02:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Attachment 1970712

iamahunter with his CBR. I saw him on the ghats. The man is a cornering machine on that thing. (above)
Thankyou for the awesome pic and that quote , Mohan. I try.

Appreciations
It was indeed an awesome and fun meet. The planning and organizing was just fantastic. The dedication of Mohan & Sukiwa is something we all should really appreciate. I mean, Mohan was already in Lonavala the previous day, and yet he managed to be there again on the ride day before us. Just to make sure everything is in place. Hats off to you buddy!

The Ride
After meeting fellow riders at palm beach road, we road together till the destination. A fantastic ride with ups and downs, thanks to the road bumps; fog, dust and smog; some high speed straights at the Panvel bypass and exhilarating cornering in the ghats. A safe and empty parking space of the Mapro garden welcomed us. What more does a biker need when he wants a break.

The Event
Post the parking and soaking up some sun in the pleasant Lonavala weather, 'handle tags' were distributed. That put some face behind the handle. The fun part was, most of us ordered sandwiches which were supposed to be, breakfast size. Instead, they were lunch size; not sure how many of us were able to finish it.

Story telling and bike discussions were in full swing, when jaysmokesleaves's adventure stories grabbed everyone's attention. Salute Sire.
Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8920_e20200218.jpg

Cake was then brought in and cut by the most senior team member present. Marking the 16th team-bhp anniversary.
Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8915_e20200218.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8910_e20200218.jpg
Wonderful cake Mohan, the design came out just fantastic.

Post that a great photo shoot continued with group and with respective bikes.

Departure
Few left for home, few to explore more. A fantastic meet overall.

Now let a few pics roll down.

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-bike.jpg
Loaded and Ready to Rock!!

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8897_e20200216.jpg
Rides lined up

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8900_e20200216.jpg
Sunkissed.

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8901_e20200216.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8902_e20200218.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8903_e20200218.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8905_e20200216.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8906_e20200216.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8907_e20200217.jpg

Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-2020_02_16_8909_e20200217.jpg

A suggestion/request to mods : May we include a few bike images on the home page top right corner. I believe there are only cars currently.
Team-BHP Birthday meet for Motorcyclist BHPians - Feb 16th @ Mapro Garden, Lonavla-tbhp-suggestion.jpg

Last edited by iamahunter : 18th February 2020 at 02:52.
iamahunter is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 08:13   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Just a note for future reference. Motorcycle fans can indeed announce "motorcycle-only" meets on the forum. If we can have "4x4 only" meets (for offroading) and "classic car" meets, we can certainly allow members to have meets exclusive to bikers. So please go ahead & announce these the next time .

The only thing we don't permit is brand specific meets (e.g. Harley-only meets) as we want Team-BHP meets to be open to one & all. But we can certainly allow meets restricted to vehicle type.

Thanks for the support & understanding

@ iamahunter: PM me and let me know which is the most iconic Indian motorcycle (RD350???). Will have it added to the top right of the homepage.

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2020 at 08:14.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 08:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

mohansrides and sukiwa and all 26 bikers who attended! Hats off guys! Looks like an excellent meet with never-before-seen participation levels.

Now that GTO has clarified on motorcycle meets - how about a south zone Team-Bhp motorcyclists meet in Goa?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th February 2020 at 08:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 08:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

@ iamahunter: PM me and let me know which is the most iconic Indian motorcycle (RD350???). Will have it added to the top right of the homepage.
Lovely. Why not have a poll on which is the most iconic indian motorcycle and have the forum decide?

Will bring everyone together!
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 10:44   #27
BHPian

Enjoyed my first TBhp meet . And to repeat what others have also said, many thanks to Sukiwa and Mohansrides for the massive effort leading to both good attendance and an impressive level of organisation at the meet. Identity cards, TBHP banners and then the TBHP birthday cake which embarrassingly as the greyest hair owner I got to (had to?) cut. The id cards allowed one to put a name to TBhp handles instead of having to ask people their names and or handles. I had read the ownership threads of at least some of the members there such as Mohansrides thread on his Dom 400 or Iamahunter's thread on his CBR250R and Jaysmokesleaves's on his VStrom.

At the breakfast table was also able to hear from David, Nilesh and Tushar on their Africa Twin, Monster and 650Rs.

And enjoyed sharing experiences with Jomson, ThePatientMan and others.

And of course there was the feast to the eyes of fantastic bikes, most of whom made my Ceeber300 look a veritable toy. The sheer spread of bikes was impressive and nearly every bike model was the only one of its kind at the meet (except for the Int 650 I think ). The great pictures folk have posted give some sense of the array of beauties.

Unfortunately due to guests coming over, I had to leave earlier than others but many of those from Pune who remained caught up with me and I got to see the impressive sight of them roaring past when I had stopped for a chai past the Dehu road turnoff and then some more passed as I began on the last leg home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Man. Some of the guys, if not most look positively wiser than me! Good to have seen the photo profiles, helps make interactions a bit more judicious in the future lol! I thought bevivek was a wee 20 year old buying the CB300
Answers to why CB300R and more coming up in a ownership thread currently doing time in Assembly Line. Hopefully this will be up soon.

Last edited by bevivek : 18th February 2020 at 11:04. Reason: Edits
bevivek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

What a fantastic meetup, immaculately planned by mohansrides and sukiwa. Mohan had asked me to join this and i had to decline since I was to be in Delhi to celebrate my Dad's 75th birthday on Sunday. Sukiwa of course is legendary when it comes to mobilising the pune riders and I am not one bit surprised that they came out in strong numbers.

You guys have set the template for a high quality meet and seeing this thread more and more bikers will be inclined to join future meet ups. I love the attention to detail of the name badges, hopefully this is something we can adopt for all meets going forward.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:19   #29
BHPian

mohansrides and sukiwa Thank you for the lovely arrangement, my first ever Tbhp meet and it was a pleasure. Not to forget the awesome clicks by mohansrides, I finally have a good one with my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now that GTO has clarified on motorcycle meets - how about a south zone Team-Bhp motorcyclists meet in Goa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
What a wonderful meet guys !

Great to see so many familiar faces and motorcycles in the pictures. Very well organised meet, mohansrides and sukiwa. Hope to see more of such rides in the future, hopefully some nice overnighters too.
Looks like mohansrides and sukiwa have their work cut-out, cannot wait for future meets. And hope //M can join us too.
Cartik5477 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 14:08   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartik5477 View Post
And hope //M can join us too.
I would so love to do this and relive the memories with you all !
//M is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks