Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 10:26   #46

You guys sure had a nice time and thanks for the great pics!!!!!
Old 12th March 2007, 11:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

V16.. those are some wonderful pics.

I especially liked the ones where the bikers are riding below the flyover and the other where the road curves under the flyover. These 2 are my favorites. Looks like another place another time.... gr8 photography man... kudos to u. something about these 2 pics is so captivating.
Old 12th March 2007, 11:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Awesome video shrivz. You sure had one hell of an experience. Full respect to Scooby05 for his driving skills. If you observed carefully, he knows where exactly to push a car and where not to. The Subaru well deserves to be in his hands. The years of experience shows.

We can all learn something from him in terms of driving and car control.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th March 2007 at 12:02.
Old 12th March 2007, 12:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

we should have atleast 1 drive meet every month on sundays,so that people who cannot make it can always wait for another,with this some of us can really explore places in our beautifull very own maharashtra..I was the one who couldnt make it
Old 12th March 2007, 12:10   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
Lets do this more often..
here you go, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...arch-24th.html, too soon but try to make it pal.

manson.
Old 12th March 2007, 12:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

As all have said, the star of the day was undoubtedly Scooby. From his generosity in bring along a second car just so that more BHPian's could come along for the trip, to his awesome machine and driving style - fast, but no risks.

I was on the tail of the scooby for the climb upto Amby Valley. Was a pleasure to see that car corner! Flat, stable and simply goes where its pointed. Was also funny to see Jitu (or was that shivz??) rolling around in the back seat trying to get it on camera!

For once, the meet ran precisely to schedule. The day began with me giving Viper a lift to Scooby's house, where he was waiting with his 2 steeds - a gleaming ML and aggressive WRX STi.

Everyone gathers at Sion on time, and by 7.30 we set off for Palm Beach. We take a few pictures there, and figure out that there was no-body joining us at Palm Beach!! lol.

From here, the 3 bikers - fireblader85 on his blade, Gerard (apparently a member here!) on his F650 (aka the Giraffe) and me on the trusty Zed (the smallest engined of the lot : ( ) push off towards the old highway, while the cars head to the expressway (I'll let someone else tell you guys about their side of it).

The old highway was wonderful. Smooth, tarmac with minimal traffic. The old highway has also become a toll road, so now its really well kept and a pure joy to ride on. Far better than the crowded and bumpy expressway now.

This was kartik's first proper ride on his newly acquired fireblade, so we all settled on a nice, comfortable cruise speed of about 100kmph. early morning, cool breeze, empty roads and the hum of the inline four is just the perfect way to start any day! Everything seems perfect with the world suddenly! Till we crest a flyover and suddenly see that someone decided to dig up the road up ahead! Lol. Anyways, no drama, as we were in cruise mode.

As we head up the ghats, the old road merges with the Expresway at that point. As soon as we merge, the first cars we see are the Maroon ML with a crazed Delhi ka puttar hanging out of the window with a cam, and Jitu's LOUD honda.

We enter a tunnel, and I slow down hoping to hear Kartik fly by on his terrific sounding blade. I hear an awesome sound. The perfect beat of a well tuned Honda 4 cylinder. I look back and see Jitu's Honda fly by, not the blade! lol. That sound really has to be heard ot be believed!

After a lengthy breakfast, we are joined by Monkey and his better half (Finally). As is the rule of the trip, last person to arrive pays. Monkey was more than willing to oblige, but we all got soft at the end and split the tab. However, next time we may not be so kind!

Now the real stuff begins. The twisties upto Amby Valley. Gerard was kind enough to stick with kartik and make sure he was ok, leaving me to play with the scooby on the way up. As mentioned earlier, it was a great experience watching the STi doing what it was built to do! It simply flew away from me on the 1st gear hairpins that the road begins with, but when the road began to flow, I chose to stay right behind to marvel at its handling. Afterall, its not everyday that you get to see one of these driven in anger in India.

We reach the top and all four doors of the scooby open to 3 very happy individuals! lol. I wish I had my camera ready for that shot! The looks on our faces really show why we all love these fangled wheeled things!!

After the rest of the group showed up, we had the obligatory photo shoot and associated car talk before heading back down the hill, and taking over the AC section in a restaurant for some great food and company!

I believe Jitu then headed off to Pune with the Pune guys. Us bikers headed back, getting blasted with HOT air on the ride back. Kartik got his taste of riding a proper bike on proper roads, and he did great for a first timer. Kept his head, didn't get carried away and rode to his limits.

Next time, we need to make it a bit earlier to avoid the heat, but this sure was a drive to remember!

Few pics from my cam coming up.

Last edited by Rtech : 12th March 2007 at 13:31.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics & Videos guys.. Looks like a great meet. Dang I missed it :(
Old 12th March 2007, 13:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice report RT. I was really happy to see Kartik on his first long ride. Glad to have you take care of him. He has been very appreciative of your riding skills.

While we were heading up Amby I saw a blade coming from the opposite direction. For a moment I though you guys are already heading back but then realised it was you

How was your ride on the blade?

Great meet. Was a relief from the everyday rat race. I hope the next one is soon.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:35   #54
Team-BHP Support

Hey Techno, there were a bunch of riders from Pune. I thought maybe one of the yellow Karizma's was you, but I guess not! Those guys seem to know the road like the back of their hand. Very good riders and very good formation mainly. I rode with them on the way down, and it was nice to ride with some sensible guys using proper signals etc.

Dippy, the blade was great. One gets addicted to that sort of power! But just get that suspension sorted out, as it could get really hairy with those settings. Especially for someone just started out with big bikes.

Some pics. Sorry, no witty anecdotes, just regular descriptions :

Meet up at Palm Beach road

Mr. Scooby with his baby! This was the last anyone saw off him till Khandala!

The group meets up again at Amby Valley

We waited for hours for the perfect backdrop....

Lineup! Nice eh....

bigger lineup! nicer eh...

Shivz was the official photographer of the day. Since he had the largest camera!

Here he almost falls trying to get back before the timer goes off!

I love this colour.

That just looks like it means business!

Last edited by Rtech : 12th March 2007 at 13:51.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:50   #55
BHPian

Well it was one really awesome meet and that too after so long...

I wish all u guyz could have come to Pune after the AMBY VALLEY drive..

We reached Pune at about 3.15pm.. Then we decided to head to Sinhagad.. But since it was very hot outside we decided to chill at my place for a while.. Sip on some WHITE WINE ( Not the Elf warmed one ) and chilled beer before we cud shoot off again for another drive up the Sinhagad Climb..

Left at 4.30 and reached the place at about 5.40.. Tho the roads were not as great but the view from the top was awesome and the weather was getting better with time..

Everyone gorged on some nice Onion and Potato pakodas.. And we had the Maharashtrian Poors Man's Dish.. PITHLA BHAKRI.. Which everyone enjoyed (I hope!!)..

So by around 7.00 we left from the place ... And Jitu and the other Mumbai/Delhi guyz left back to Mumbai..

All in all we were actually out for about 12 hours..

SO I GUESS THIS MUST HAVE BEEN THE LONGEST T-BHP MEET !!!

P.S. Great Pictures and Video Everyone

Last edited by EVO6 : 12th March 2007 at 13:58.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Robin. Loved the lineup pics especially. Didnt you get any group pics?
Old 12th March 2007, 14:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
ok guys here's the vid from my side:

YouTube - Team-BHP drive to Amby Valley 11th March 2007 Mumbai Pune

Me and Jitu (Ford Rocam) were passengers while scooby was driving his subaru!
Fantastic pics and Video Shrivz. as scooby deserves the Sti, u deserve that Camera of yours. Maybe the next time we meet you can teach me a thing or two about cameras
@ Scooby- you're right that NH City guy was an Idiot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It was nice meeting all folks from Bombay. The drive was mind blowing. Star of the show was Scooby. On the way back I had a small drive in it with Gogi at the steering and trust me I could feel the rush. He did not pound it and I can imagine what fun Shrivz and other folks had when Scooby was at the wheel. I had a grand slam time people. Lets make this a once a month exercise!
Robin, Great report and pics....
You're so right Kiran, the scooby and MR SCOOBY were the stars of the show. As we all know so well, power is nothing without control (can the Pirelli guys sue me for using their line?) and truly so. Scooby has the rally genes in him and for those who dont know this, he was an avid rallist in his younger days (im in no way suggesting you're old Scooby!!) And i second, third and fourth the opinion that the Sti is in the right hands. I loved driving the beast but not being used to the machine, better to respect its ability than to foolishly push it around (as they say, as the computor, a car is as intelligent as its driver) and realise you've lost control. More than that I loved being driven in the car. When the right car is driven by the person who knows the car like the back of his hand and what it can do & how, the experience of being driven is greater than driving it yourself. Full marks to Scooby for his driving skills.
I did push the scooby on the expressway tough (thanks for that scooby) and we had a great drive back. We should make this a regular affair.
And what Puneites, when are you keeping your meet in pune, we want to come there to attend yaar!!
Its final now, that we Bombay team-mates will attend the pune meet and the pune guys will attend here whether or not there is an event like the speed run to get us together.
Great meeting you again Kiran, Bhushan and Shrivz.
F50 where are your posts buddy, jaldi jaldi!!

Last edited by V-16 : 12th March 2007 at 14:52. Reason: addition
Old 12th March 2007, 14:56   #58
BHPian

Never experienced so much of a high...sitting in the office and still in a trance.

[HTML]Thanks Viper for footing my breakfast contribution.
[/HTML]

I am buying the breakfast,lunch,dinner,drinks,bisleri,smoke,chocla te and all other snacks during the next meet ,Scooby...pls book the front seats for me.

Tushky - Put up the vids of the TT zooming past on expressway.

Evo/Viper - The ride in the TT was simply awesome.Thanks...it was like sitting in a cockpit waiting for takeoff!!The Whoosh was getting so addictive I was wishing that Kamat's was at the other end of expressway(either way)...

Jitu - the roar of the VTEC was like a maneater on the prowl.missed that breathtaking sound on the way to Amby as well as on the way back to Pune.

Kiran - Soup up yours as well as my ride...we need to keep up with these machines within such a distance so that we can "atleast" hear the thunderous exhausts....the 1.6 GTX was doing 165 - 170 but the way the TT and Vtec pulled away!!

RTech/Gerard/Karthik - Sexy machines you own and ride....

[HTML]Everyone gorged on some nice Onion and Potato pakodas.. And we had the Maharashtrian Poors Man's Dish.. PITHLA BHAKRI.. Which everyone enjoyed (I hope!!)..
[/HTML]

Darn,missed it...had to rush back home.

Rahul.
Old 12th March 2007, 15:08   #59
BHPian

A great Drive!

We headed off from Pune at about 8.40am, got a call at 8.50am telling us that the bombay boys had already reached Lonavala. Called moralfibre and told him to pace up as the bombay boys had reached.

Got onto the expressway and boy! does that audi fly!!! EVO floored the pedal in fith gear at about 70kmph and the speedo kept climbing at a great pace and beyond about 4000rpm, we got the boost!! hit about 220kmph and then eased off the throttle..

It sure was a pleasure listening to music in your car evo.. That ICE setup is mindblowing!

moral didnt push hard as he was running stock tyres. I guess he was doing about 140 - 160kmph crusing comfortably on the eway

We met the bombay and delhi boys at kailash parbat, had breakfast and headed to amby valley. This time I got into the Subaru Impreza WRX STi!
scooby floored the pedal as we hit the abmy valley road!
The ride was fun!!
That one experience with scooby driving taught me a lot, he sure knows how his car handles. Slides were controlled and lines were smooth.

It was a great meet!

Thanks to EVO for the ride from Pune.. and scooby for the ride to amby valley..

It was great meeting other BHPians from bombay and delhi for the first time: iraghava, fuelled, kartik, RTech, gogi, mad monkey..

cheers!
Shrivz
Old 12th March 2007, 15:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rahulvilas;389668]Never experienced so much of a high...sitting in the office and still in a trance.

[HTML]Thanks Viper for footing my breakfast contribution.
[/HTML]
Kiran - Soup up yours as well as my ride...we need to keep up with these machines within such a distance so that we can "atleast" hear the thunderous exhausts....
QUOTE]

@ Viper - Thanks for footing my bill too Viper....by the way did you pay for everybody??

@ Kiran - and my ride too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks