Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2007, 16:18   #31
lancer_mania

im not coming if it panvel so decide now.

Old 17th March 2007, 21:07   #32
BHPian

so is the drive on or not
Old 17th March 2007, 21:56   #33
Team-BHP Support

i am riding tomm morning. Baleno Power will confirm in a while, will post up about that. As of now BP and I have decided to keep it to an early morning dash to panvel and back.

manson.
Old 18th March 2007, 02:42   #34
lancer_mania

this is useless.letts plan a proper ride for next weeken.who all are in ? confirm NOW

Old 18th March 2007, 09:18   #35
Team-BHP Support

just got home. watching the gp now, more later.

manson.
Old 18th March 2007, 22:53   #36
Team-BHP Support

With a little hesitation i finally got out of bed, freshened up, got everything in place and headed towards my motorycycle.

Got the fuel upto the brim, tyre pressures checked at another gas station and off i was armed with my motorcycle and helmet (yes helmet finally) by 7.15 a.m.
Headed towards Dutta Snacks, Panvel, i think about 50 odd kms from my place if not slightly more. Idea was to get some smooth surface through the Palm Beach road and the nice Panvel bypass.
Vacant roads, sun shining bright by now, the Devil Slipon can, the secure feeling of the helmet, everything felt great.

In no time i was at Vashi and now taking on the Palm Beach road. Had managed to keep the speed in the range of 80-100 kmph till Palm Beach where i did climb to the 180-185 range a couple of times.
Things cooled down again till i reached the Panvel bypass, where i had to hit the brakes real hard for a ditch in the middle of nowhere just where the bypass starts, guys watch out for this one, its just where the bridge ends on the way to Panvel.

Once the toll was gone, i knew i wanted to try a high speed run, and high speed it was, flirting with 180-190kmph, and hitting the needle to 200 kmph once for a couple of moments, it felt good, rather great.

Reached Dutta Snacks soon enough, got myself some fresh vada pav while someone chatted me up upon my ride. Was almost 8.25 a.m. by the time i started my journey backwards.

Felt incredible to hear my own voice inside the helmet after a good while of almost only the constant exhaust of the Inline four

Same riding characteristics followed and i was home just in time to catch a major chunk of the Australian Grand Prix.

Couple of things i learnt through this ride:
Stay away from Heavy Vehicles, they kick up some seriosu dudt which can hurt, overtake these asap.
Have try and not try cathching a glimpse of the speedo as often.
Check the tyre pressures checked before any serious riding.
Lastly, its not boring to be riding all alone

A handful of pictures to follow in a couple of days.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 18th March 2007 at 23:01.
Old 18th March 2007, 23:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Cool ,so solo ride han ... solo ride posses risk as well as if planned can be quite a pleasure and you can cover more distances at your will and comfort. Do post the pics and the one of the helmet too ! .

Last edited by black12rr : 18th March 2007 at 23:03.
Old 18th March 2007, 23:14   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
pics and the one of the helmet too ! .
lol, i knew this would come my way, got a passerby to click a snap of mine
snaps in a couple of days though.

manson.
Old 18th March 2007, 23:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

YAAR..wht happened...IAM sure the last time i read there were a few bikers...do you mean to say all those backed out....
Old 19th March 2007, 00:42   #40
lancer_mania

i found it quite foolish to go to panvel.i was in for lonavla.what about next weeken ? dont think any one is interested.
shee third class

Old 19th March 2007, 05:41   #41
BHPian

lol..with those kinda speeds u want us to ride with u on our mopeds.....hehe.....in anycase must have been fun to rip ur wild beast.....next time we plan and we plan longer....
Old 19th March 2007, 09:35   #42
Team-BHP Support

B.P. i m sure your bike manages 100-120 kmph easily, and you ll aere far better riders than me, infact i would have been using the empty stretches to cath up with you!! there s always a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania View Post
this is useless.letts plan a proper ride
Quote:
i found it quite foolish to go to panvel.i was in for lonavla.
so you should have ridden to lonavla, please quit calling names as i had a nice time.

manson.
Old 19th March 2007, 14:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Manson, dont tell me no one came after all that talk of "im in too" etc etc. Well i like your spirit and in your place, I would've done the same...ride alone if everyone ditches me. After all its a ride not a kitty party!! Shame on all the last minute backer outers. Sorry i could'nt come as i was outta town, Next time im in for sure.
@ lancermania- get a life. Stop pushing destinations just because you are closer to some. If could come, great, if you cant thats ok too, dont force your convenience, suggestions are great keep them just at that, sugestions!!
Old 19th March 2007, 14:47   #44
lancer_mania

V 16 i stay far away from manson and lonavla is much further away from my house than manson.i feltt getting up so early jus to ride to panvel and back was useless.if manson wanted us to come he should have agreed for lonavla..

Old 19th March 2007, 14:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
V 16 i stay far away from manson and lonavla is much further away from my house than manson.i feltt getting up so early jus to ride to panvel and back was useless.if manson wanted us to come he should have agreed for lonavla..
Dont get me wrong bro, im not mooting for anyone here but the fact remains that manson did start the thread and if you didnt want to go to panvel, it was your decision. you could've also gone till panvel with the other ridersand then on till lonavala. I also didnt see any other person having a problem with panvel so whos the US you were refering to. Im sure this was not a personal thing like you seem to understand(if manson wanted us to come he should have agreed for lonavla) how can you force your ideas on someone and then make it sound like that you were not welcome. Thats not the right spirit.Pl use PM for any further discussion ( altough I dont see any reason to) else this will turn out to be a chat thread otherwise. All i was saying is you should get a hint if and when you suggest some thing and there is no reaction to that and take it in the right spirit bro we're a team here. Take care. no offence meant and none taken

Last edited by V-16 : 19th March 2007 at 15:01. Reason: correction

Most Viewed