Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which date is more suitable?
Sunday April 22nd 12 40.00%
Tuesday May 1st 7 23.33%
Sunday April 29th 4 13.33%
Sorry, can't make either :( 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2007, 05:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
What say?
Get a Life. And stop smoking whatever you smoked tonight.
Old 1st April 2007, 05:20   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Get a Life. And stop smoking whatever you smoked tonight.
You're online at 5 am, and you're telling me that? And I can't give up rubber or clutches!
Old 1st April 2007, 09:36   #198
BANNED

Guys,

Just have the meet whenever man. In any case there will always be someone who cannot make it, someone who can make it but ditches last minute, and someone who posts for the sake of posting but never turns up.

There will always be a another meet when the guys who could not make it can and vice versa. Its not possible to please everyone so go ahead and enjoy.

Viper
Old 1st April 2007, 10:06   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
RT wake me up once things thaw!
I've long since given up. Whenever/whoever fixes a final date, please be so kind as to let the rest know. And for the 2 people that cannot make it on that date, be so kind as to not ask for a new date. If you can't make it on the date, quietly decline your presence at the meet and end it at that. Don't make a fuss for a new date.

signing off.
Old 1st April 2007, 11:34   #200
Team-BHP Support

guys, if lavasa isnt happening on the 22nd, then lets do a ride to Karjat or something while the cages manage a date.

manson.
Old 1st April 2007, 11:55   #201
BHPian

Since Manson has got his bike.. All of a sudden he seems to get up early and ready for a drive... Well good motivation i must say...
Keep it going Manson.. but Please dont create more confusion than there already is!!! Trust me..
Old 1st April 2007, 12:06   #202
Team-BHP Support

Its simple, if the meet is not happening on the 22nd i'd like to utilise it for a ride, last couple of weekends before the monsoons take off and the bike goes into hibernation.
Decide on a date people!!

manson.
Old 1st April 2007, 12:51   #203
BHPian

Guys, I'm sorry to have messed up things on the thread..

I too think we should have a poll giving three options

1. 22nd April only
2. 1st May only
3. Both

things can be sorted out with the poll..
Majority wins.. plain and simple..

As far as I'm concerned, I'm ok with either dates.. whichever has maximum attendance..
Old 1st April 2007, 13:21   #204
Senior - BHPian

Well had a long chat with EVO6 last night about the date & he had a few very valid points against 1st May as a suitable date. Here are a few:

1. The day before (30th) is a working day (Monday) and the day after is also a working day.

2. If people leave Mumbai on 30th evening after work they're not going to reach Pune before 10-10:30 pm. Which means that since we have to start early the next day they'll be no fun & drunken revelry!

3. Since everyone has to be back on work the next day, they'll also want to leave early.

So all in all 1st is out as an option. If you look at the previous poll most people voted for the 22nd and that I think should be finalised as the date, no need to start another poll for it.

Also, another thing is that if we need to find accomodation for 10-15 people at reasonable rates then we better get cracking NOW! Can we have a simple yes & no post from people with regards to attending the meet on the 22nd and who all will be requiring accomodation? This way we can know how many rooms we need and can hunt accordingly.

Mr. Bush - I guess you can take it from here & hunt for the rooms & also make some nice arrangements for our drunken revelry!!

P.S. I know I suggested the 1st yesterday but on Bush's advice changed my mind (which is quite hard to do!!) so 22nd it is.

Last edited by iraghava : 1st April 2007 at 13:23.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:31   #205
Senior - BHPian

22nd April is fine for me but If its overnight stay than i am out.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 1st April 2007 at 13:45. Reason: Date Change
Old 1st April 2007, 13:33   #206
Senior - BHPian

so its 22nd finally ?

I am out. Thanks. Enjoy yourselves.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:36   #207
BHPian

I'm in for the 22nd.
Old 1st April 2007, 15:35   #208
Senior - BHPian

Since Im not going to be there for the 22nd or for the 1st of May, I would like to give an Impartial contribution to this thread and a few observations..all my own work.

1) There was a poll held at the start and the date voted for in that poll by the majority should be taken as "THE" date for the Meet.

2) Im really surprised at all or any of you even sugesting the 1st of May.. Its Maharashtra Day or more commonly called as Labour Day and most importantly is a DRY DAY more commonly in our jargon is called a NO DARU DAY, also understood as such in common parlance and has got nothing to do with water shortage in Maharashtra.

3) If one or any cant come then too bad (more so for me, please feel sorry for me) coz there is no guarantee that they would turn up at the meet even after confirming. (there'll probably be a post at 05:53hrs, for a meet scheduled at 06:00 hrs, excusing oneself from the meet for some shoddy non reason

4) So guys stop this thing about another poll etc. If you hav'nt still got it, read my previous post, that'll crystal clear things up.

5) ...And hey all of you going for the meet... Dont have a lot of fun without me
Take care, Drive safe and enjoyyyyy!!
For those who cant make it, call me, we'll sulk together. Meanwhile take a lot of pics and post em , ill be keeping a watch on the thread from AMRIKKA
(...I tell you, actually thinking of meeting on a dry day!!....LOOSERS!!)

Last edited by V-16 : 1st April 2007 at 15:40.
Old 1st April 2007, 15:52   #209
elf
BANNED

It's better to have a DRIVE on a dry day, as opposed to the meet (which, for all intents & purposes, was scheduled for the night before in Pune).

What's drinking got to do with driving anyways?

Either way, I'll try to make it on whatever day's been decided by everybody else.
Old 1st April 2007, 16:56   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well had a discussion with most of the people who had an issue about the dates & it's been decided that we shall keep it on the 1st of May only since majority of the others have no problem with other dates. And most members apart from Gogi will be able to attend.

Can we have some details about that Gerard?
First decide a date!
to have it on the 1st May -as someone said you need to take the 30th off from work- elsee - no Daru! In that case what is wrong with the Sunday before- 29th as the Saturday is the 4th saturday- So in effect we get 28th to the 1st -long week end!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks