Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 18:03   #196
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think this report alone will lead to a bigger turn-out next year. I say we go after Bahrain!
Old 17th April 2007, 18:05   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think this report alone will lead to a bigger turn-out next year. I say we go after Bahrain!

Drinks and rentals might be a little scarce though
Old 17th April 2007, 18:12   #198
Team-BHP Support

No more HOT places! Make it China instead! Or maybe Moscow...everything's cheap there!
Old 17th April 2007, 18:23   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Drinks and rentals might be a little scarce though
Fear not - Bahrain is not dry.

Err...what's 'rentals' ?

I agree with Rtech. Shanghai - we could even do it later this year !!! And get drunk on Tsingtao too!
Old 17th April 2007, 18:34   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Err...what's 'rentals' ?
Hertz, Avis maintain a fleet of nearly new vietnamese, malay, chinese ones parked in the Beach Club
Old 17th April 2007, 18:36   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Captain's Log, Stardate 8th April 2007, 1930

We’re home, scrubbing away the grime and dirt. Showering like we’ve never showered before.
The plan is to go to Chinatown and shop on Petaling street. We meet in the lobby, one hour later. Technically we should be dead, but the energy and fun is so much that we’re out again. We’re all hungry.
While the non vegetarians all hop over to the 3 bald brothers’ burger stand, Revati has to find dinner for herself.
GTO and Nikhil have collapsed at the hotel. Their legs are jelly.

Revati and Nitin have stepped into Formosa Café, a little place we happened to see on the way. It’s a Vegetarian Chinese Café. It’s family run and they serve Chinese food, that was eaten by the monks.
We stop by and the friendly waitress gets us a few chairs. The food is maddeningly good. We end up all eating vegetarian food. All except N_C, who refuses to eat the ghaas phoos.

KPzen has to leave. He has family in Johar baru who are waiting for him. We do what we can including threatening him, but he won’t listen. Family scenes are happening and he has to go. He runs back to the hotel, packs and gets onto a bus with his cousin.

Then we just chug on forward, tired or not. We immediately all get lost in Chinatown, stepping into various shops, looking for junk. Shoes and tee shirts and DVDs everywhere. It’s fun. We all buy a few things, walk around, drink more Ice tea and then return to the hotel.No more parties, no more dancing, we decide. We’re so worng.

We go to Babareeba again and the Band is overjoyed to see us. Our south African friends are there, as are a bunch of Australian guys and some Japanese people. Everyone looks half dead. There is no dancing and it’s generally dull. Explicable, considering the battering our own bodies have been through. We find a couch and settle down. There Nitin, Revati, Sam, Speedzak, N_C, KK and Ajmat. Ajmat keeps threatening to go to his room.

The band is playing, we order our drinks and chill out for a while. Some play pool and other play fusbol. It’s fun, nonetheless. Soon the beer begins to take over and very soon I am swaying and singing. The band’s also playing down tempo songs, knowing fully well no one has the courage to dance. They play a few Rock songs and N_C decides to play his air guitar.

Just as we’re slightly in the mood, it’s time for the band to quit and call it a night. Does the club close now, we ask. Nope, you can stay, but the DJ is out. We have a few CDs but no DJ. The manager plays a few bad songs. Ajmat excuses himself and hits the sack. KK and him have an early morning flight to catch.

Soon it’s time to open out another surprise. I used to be a DJ.

Within minutes, I’m at the console and start playing a few retro tracks, much to the delight of the bhags, who start dancing. Slowly, zak and N_C join them. I find a bollywood track. Soon the whole club is KILLED with the volume. Attack and the crowd goes wild. Unexpectedly, the speakers go “Ghabra gayi mein hai hai” and N_C goes wild. There’s so much energy that even the Japanese start bouncing.

Everyones bopping and dancing, the manager starts dishing out free beers, on the house for the DJ from India. We progress onto harder and faster house tracks till we’re all dead from laughing and exhaustion. N_C is out of control, zak is swinging and dancing like a madman.

I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

All of it is just mad. And unexpected. It’s not cool, not swanky, not hep. It’s pure unadulterated JOY. We don’t give a damn, we just dance for the fun, for the music, for the friends. And this goes on till 230 am.

I love tiger beer.

Then we all say our byes and leave. Drunk with alcohol, with laughing, with tiredness, with the pleasure of such an amazing trip.

It’s time for a very tired and drunk Sam to pretend he’s yanni at the welcome desk

The bhags are leaving in the morning too. Taking the Bas back to Singapore.
They promise to come and say bye before they leave.

I hope to see them again. When we will wake up tomorrow, there will be 5 of us still in KL. GTO, nikhil, N-C, Sam and Speedzak. The Bombay boys have a flight in the early evening, zak’s staying back another night.

It’s almost over. We’re too tired to realize it.

End Of captain’s Log. The time is now 3 am.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:00   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Epilogue

Wakey wakey…

We have half a day and can still go on. Zak, N_C and I go to the KLCC, under the petronas towers. GTO and Nikhil go a famous mall to complete their shopping.

The KLCC shopping centre is super high end. Brands like vera Wang, Boss and Armani are commonplace. Fantastic location, great mall. We window shop. And buy some stuff at the L’Occitane store.

We then go to Aquaria. Supposedly better than the water world at Singapore, this one is beautiful and wondrous. N_C is super tired but he’s excited about the fish, some of them all of us have never imagined getting this close to.

We leave Aquaria and sit down for lunch. We’re quiet and bodies are broken. N_C is getting grumpy. We eat a quiet interesting lunch at the food court, to be topped off with new Zealand Natural Ice cream, a tip off that was given to us earlier by GTO and Nikhil.

Time to get home, pack and leave. N_C has an extra bag, like a gym bag. We stuff all our shopping (mostly mine) into that bag.
We meet up with GTO, nikhil, say our byes to Zak and get into the minivan and we’re off to the airport.

Uneventful flight, we were tired and sleepy. Saw half of Rocky balboa on my personal screen. And the flight landed on time in Mumbai.

Cleared immigration, hugged our byes to GTO and Nikhil, picked our bags off the belt, cleared customs and we were on our way home (my driver was outside). The plan was for N_C to come to my place first, sort out the shopping and then go to his.

We reach my place and just like in the beginning of my tale, the unimaginable has happened. We’ve left the bag on the belt with all the shopping inside. I’m shaking my head in disbelief .
Once again, it’s time to call my girlfriend. She’s at the Air france counter, there’s nothing she can do now….

We get into the car and drive back all the way to the airport. She leaves her counter and using her good offices, gets me back IN, the reverse way. Though she’s helping me, I can swear the words annoying, stupid, troublesome and forgetful are being muttered under her breath.
She chats with the custom officers and they let me walk back into the airport from departures. We find the bag, with the officials and clear it through customs and bring it home finally. Once again, both in leaving and in arriving, I am indebted to her.

This concludes my log. Teri maa ka C for enjoying it with me.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:07   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Wakey wakey…

I wish I stayed up but I was dead. Sorry for not waking you up at 5.00 to say farewell, I figured you guys were dead.

No roller coaster ?????

Quote:
Once again, both in leaving and in arriving, I am indebted to her.
....as a debt, please, please, please get that ECNR and other dubious entries removed from your passport rather than read as blank ...else you will be firing blanks
Old 17th April 2007, 19:13   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
....as a debt, please, please, please get that ECNR and other dubious entries removed from your passport rather than read as blank ...else you will be firing blanks
I couldn't agree with you more. I will start work on this immediately.

I just realised that this thread has almost 7500 views. Shows how much it is being enjoyed. The original, official thread had lesser views, over a much longer time.

Next year, we'll do an official GP meet again. Won't we guys? And it's gonna be great. but this one will always be special. And now it's time to use a smiley (Just realised, I haven't used any in my report, so far)
Old 17th April 2007, 19:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Three Cheers to Sam sayang! What a Log and what a Keluar! Kamu besar, Sam - Kamu Besar!

Terimah Kasih. Menerima kasih untuk melawat Kuala Lumpur!

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th April 2007 at 19:21.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:16   #206
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Sam. Thanks for an amazing log. This thread should be moved to Best threads collection.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:21   #207
BHPian

Wow Sam!!!!

I was waiting for you to finish to post my comments. Now that you have....I'm completely lost for words!!

That was brilliantly entertaining.. Teri Maa ka C for sharing such a great experience with everyone.

Suhail

Last edited by swale84 : 17th April 2007 at 19:23.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:22   #208
BANNED

Thanks Sam.
That was a great report straight from the heart. Well done Amigo! A very big TERI MA KA SIH for that.

Next time, I am going to be on and I'll make sure there's a pickup for me and no confusion what so ever. I will also try and bring Sun block cream too.
Old 17th April 2007, 19:35   #209
Senior - BHPian

great report dude....amazing and entertaining all the way from the begining right upto the end....

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 17th April 2007 at 19:37.
Old 17th April 2007, 20:05   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

And the meet would not have been complete without a mention of Samurai.

This picture is for you Samurai. Enjoy.

Most Viewed