Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 00:15   #121
BANNED

Wow! That's nice.
Thanks for showing interest.

We are planning to meet by around 4pm near GOSHREE bridge. Yes, by the end of marine drive. We will meet up there, get introduced to each other and then decide where to head to.
As of now, Cherai seems to be the favourite.

Where's Max??
Old 6th May 2007, 09:22   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
We are planning to meet by around 4pm near GOSHREE bridge. Yes, by the end of marine drive. We will meet up there, get introduced to each other and then decide where to head to.
As of now, Cherai seems to be the favourite.
. I'll be in place by 5pm! Zak, this time 3 of my friends are also joining us!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 6th May 2007 at 09:23.
Old 6th May 2007, 16:23   #123
Senior - BHPian

@archangel, you have my number. Any confusion, call me.

To get to THE PLACE, drive beyond the Ashoka Flats to the Goshree Bridges. The road turns left towards the first goshree bridge. Don't take the left, go straight, and follow that road to the dead end.
Old 6th May 2007, 23:16   #124

hydrashok@ i think you are mentioning the new shore road which goes till pachalam. i went that way to and fro 3:45 and 5:15 p.m. respectively hoping i see you guys. had a visit to make at vyppin with family. didnt see any cars clustered there at that time. forgot to take your phone number.

then as i said, me and my friends had a cherai appointment. there was some toddy and food involved which was already arranged at cherai. returned from there by around 9:30. missed the meet again.

hope you guys had a wonderful time. do post the photos soon.
Old 7th May 2007, 00:22   #125
BANNED

Yeah, A cool meet it was.

It was great!
Had a nice time meeting fellow BHPians.

Biju, Quicksilver, Hydrashok and Carfreak were first to reach the meeting place. There was some procession carried out by some dealers association and the whole city was deadlocked due to that. (yeah, Kerala!). Everybody got stuck in the traffic and we only managed to reach the meeting point near to 5pm.

This was how it looked when I arrived.

The sun was looking amazing too.

Quicksilver taking pictures of his own car. For those who don't know; he takes care of his car more than himself.

Nikkibike arrived after sometime with his 2 friends. Hmmmm.... lemme try: Thomas and Jinu??

Nikkibike and his friends. Frame contribution by Carfreak and Kphilip.

Beautiful place it was! And our very own Hyderabad Ashok busy with his phone call to Hyderabad.

His Palio is one of the best ICEd car in this part of the world and Kphilip is happy to capture it on his canvas!

2 Palios caught with their backsides facing each other! Sheesh!

Time for sunset!

Aha! comes in his Innova!

He is welcomed by Kphilip!

Lineup of all the rides.

Hydra's Palio also has some great colours!

At the table. Biju is on the left corner.

All the faces (almost) happy. Redeye fix didn't work. Artofzen was behind the cam.

And the toll!

Nikki's Swift also has a nozzle for rocket fuel! (LPG)??

Biju wants some tips on rocket fuel.

And to all those who waited. We found out the secret behind Quicksilver's car being so clean!

Quicksilver caught red handed! He shares some secret recipes with Hindustan Lever ltd.

We went to highway garden and had some drinks and snacks there. Nash joined us there. We split from there and some of us went to do some shopping with Quicksilver. After that I accompanied quicksilver to the Hotel and came home after saying bye. He leaves tomorrow early morning to Coimby!

Once again, thanks to all for coming and making this meet rock! We will do it again soon.
Special thanks to Nikki's friends and our very own cheap guest!

Last edited by speedzak : 7th May 2007 at 00:24.
Old 7th May 2007, 02:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet & great pictures guys, looks like you all had fun!

Quote:

Hydra's Palio also has some great colours!
Holy Cow Anoop!!!! Where the hell did you get that fender painted?? It doesn't match the rest of the car at all.
Old 7th May 2007, 06:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
hydrashok@ i think you are mentioning the new shore road which goes till pachalam. i went that way to and fro 3:45 and 5:15 p.m. respectively hoping i see you guys. had a visit to make at vyppin with family. didnt see any cars clustered there at that time. forgot to take your phone number
Yep. That's the road. I didn't know that it extended to Pachalam till yesterday. I was redirected that way yesterday with the BIG demonstration blocking the main road. This shore road is one major rally stage till the area we were parked. Lotsa ups and downs, and oodles of dirt We got there by about 5-5.15 because of the traffic. You'd probably just passed by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Holy Cow Anoop!!!! Where the hell did you get that fender painted?? It doesn't match the rest of the car at all.
Beware of the paintshop at RF Motors, Edappally/Kalamassery (Kochi)

It was a really nice meet, folks. Though the traffic delayed us all (and didn't let us drive anywhere else), we had some nice time talking cars and other stuff. I hope out cheap guest had a good time too. I'd met Quicksilver the previous day (Saturday), but got to talk to him more yesterday. Have a nice 'n enjoyable drive back home, buddy!
Old 7th May 2007, 08:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where's Max??
With a bunch of Elderly people in a party , Wanted to slip out of it but sadly couldnt ......(Where is the dog beating smiley) ....hmmm.
Old 7th May 2007, 09:22   #129
BHPian

Fix a Date for Monthly Meet..

Dear SpeedZak,

Regarding our meet, I am having some suggestion which you may have to discuss with our mates.

1. Fix a particular date on every month (Make it on First Sunday of Every Month..!!!. So that guys like me will be having a purse with us..)

2. Fix the venue well advanced (You can fix the venue on our monthly meet itself and if there is further change we can inform them also later on..)

Yesterday we had great cheer up together. Hope the quicksilver had been now out of the city..

Quickie.. thank for joining with cochin mates..

BIJU
Old 7th May 2007, 09:37   #130
BHPian

That was a good one!

We kochi-teambhp-ians had another good time y'day too! Zak had already said it all!! Thanks Zak!!

Hope our 'cheap' guest enjoyed the meet with kochi teambhp-ians!! So come again quicksilver!

All newbies of kochi missed another helluva meet!! 'Sreejups'... you too missed it badly man!!! (We met him at Highway Garden... He was with his freinds!!)
Old 7th May 2007, 17:11   #131
BHPian

hi guys,yeah it was a great meet!!after fooling the cochin guys in 2 previous meets,i finally attended yesterday's meet!!though it ended slightly early for me(since i had to drive back home,i could not attend the highway palace session!)it in fact started very early for me.i had arrived in ekm the previous day(saturday)itself and since i had precious little to do on sunday morning till 11am,i decided to give quicksilver a surprise visit at wyte fort.knocked on his door,and a hungry quicksilver,who was expecting his breakfast,opened the door.he sure did get a shock seeing me due to 2 reasons-firstly he was not expecting me and secondly,here was a person who could easily down his breakfast in one quick gulp!!thankfully,(for him that is)i already had had my breakfast before,and i sat chatting with him about tyre mods,engine mods,ICE etc etc till it was 1130.i finally bid good-bye and left off for the marriage i had to attend.
met up with him again at around 3pm and then we waited for zak to arrive,listening to music in his car.zak arrived soon enough with his family and we proceeded for lunch.after lunch,i hurriedly checked out zak's qualis's ICE install and then headed to the meeting place in 3 cars,where we met up with the rest of the gang.
highlights of the meet were-
1.meeting up with quicksilver-a calm,composed and humble man,who can shock you with his knowledge of cars.and yes,he does take more care of his car than himself!!
2.the delicious prawns dish at wyte fort which zak always offers us on all t-bhp meets(thank you zak,continue doing the same for all future meets too!!)it has a strange name-something like kwaithyon kaathiyon haaikon tong,which only zak knows(actually he doesnt-so whenever you ask its name he just utters some in-comprehensible words,so that you dont ask him a second time!!)
3.talking to ishaan(irags)and clarifying once and for all that 'he is not a tyre-dealer!!!'
then off course it was a pleasure meeting up with the regular cochin guys(except maxbhp who could not attend due to personal reasons!)and whenever zak and hydrashock come together,invariably the topic turns to ICE,and a heating debate on alpine vs pioneer has prompted me to put on my thinking cap yet again-enough to keep me occupied for another 6 months!!
Old 7th May 2007, 17:34   #132
BANNED

Guys! Thanks for that hearty comments.

@Biju. We can surely discuss about it.

@Carfreak. I'm surprised! 6 months, did you say? That's too little man!

Guys! What's your opinion about Biju's suggestion? Please post your views of how our future meets should be planned.
Old 7th May 2007, 17:46   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Guys! What's your opinion about Biju's suggestion? Please post your views of how our future meets should be planned.
WELL SAID!! Thatz a very good suggetion. I wud say lets wait for comments from artofzen , maxbhp , icemanz(the midnight worker) and carfreak!! I think they are the guys who should react with a convenient schedule bout it! Think guys.. and let us know! (You guys are very much "distinguished" bhp-ians for Kochi! Coz..rest of the 'regulars' are mostly IN anyways.. anytime!

What say guys?!!
Old 7th May 2007, 17:57   #134
BHPian

[quote=speedzak;431527].
@Carfreak. I'm surprised! 6 months, did you say? That's too little man!

QUOTE]

yeah,didnt i tell you i shortened my 'thinking phase'-i increased my processor speed!!!

guys i dont think i can comment on biju's suggestion,because it will be tough for me to commit on when all i can attend.you guys decide on the dates and if i am free,i sure will attend
Old 7th May 2007, 17:59   #135
Senior - BHPian

I happened to call Quicksilver today and was told tales of the Kochi boys' hospitality. Having witnessed it myself a couple of times, all I can say is... wish I was there.... sob sob...

PS. Guys, how about another one soon... I'm making up excuses to come there as I type this!

Most Viewed