Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 18:03   #136
BHPian

you are most welcome gunbir-i didnt get to meet you last time you came!!

and i want to have prawns at wyte fort!!
Old 7th May 2007, 18:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Guys, how about another one soon... I'm making up excuses to come there as I type this!
oye oye.... bhalle bhalle..... when??!! You are always welcome paaaji!!!
Old 7th May 2007, 22:36   #138
BANNED

It's nice to see this thread actually invites people to visit Cochin.
Gunbir will soon be considered as a Cochinite I think.

More suggestions are welcome regarding future meet plans. Please keep pouring in.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Beware of the paintshop at RF Motors, Edappally/Kalamassery (Kochi)
Tata Service on Fiat = Indica silver on Palio fender!!!

@ Zakkie & Gang - since the National Meet is now a Notional Meet, lets try and meet up sometime in the first two weeks of June?

I suggest a drive to Vagamon in the rains. We meet ONLY if it rains!

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th May 2007 at 22:52.
Old 7th May 2007, 23:18   #140
Senior - BHPian

A major meet every month sounds real good

@gunbir, looking forward to seeing you here again. Aren't the WhyteFort prawn dishes a good enough excuse?

@Steeroid, a drive to Vagamon sounds great!

@carfreak, you just described Quicksilver really well. He's like a sleeper car. He's real quiet and unassuming. But once you get him started on engine-vengine and ICE, you're blown away with the depth of his knowledge. I couldn't do a proper audition of your system, Sriram :( Just that drive to the gas station. Next time!!! I hope you had a really good drive to Coimby today morning.

Zak's Qualis is an ICE "sleeper". Not much is seen outside. But crank up the ICE, and you've got some really serious sound there. Zakko, you still haven't posted proper pics of that stealth sub, have ya? Listening to a 9856 in the Qualis and a 9857 in that pristine OHC has given me some bad ideas and one sleepless night.

Folks, <beating the dead horse>, you have to see Quicksilver's OHC to believe it. I've never seen a 4-year old car looking like this. No scratches, not even scrub marks/swirls. I can't make-out how he keeps the car this way. And the pain gleams so! <envy!>

I'm looking forward to the next meet already! So who's in Kochi next? We need at least one cheap guest per week to keep the ball rolling!
Old 9th May 2007, 16:02   #141
BHPian

Guys, this is a long post, please excuse.

I am overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by Cochin TBHPians. No words can express the gratitude I have. I had a great great time guys. I have two people in particular to be thanked... both of you, many many thanks, my car is totally transformed now.

I spent more than 6 hours listening to music and that was one of the best times I have had recently. Thanks to Zak, Zuhemi, Hydra... my idea of a best sounding ICE seems to be changing every day. Not many people know that the car was with Zak for the past 2 weeks and trust me, it was given the best possible care.... Zak, you don't have to ask me what I do to keep the car clean.... I just do what you did for the last 2 weeks .... simple... ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Quicksilver taking pictures of his own car. For those who don't know; he takes care of his car more than himself.
Well.... yea, that's true, I guess... but you guys are really exagerating it. There surely are many better maintained cars I could see in Cochin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
i decided to give quicksilver a surprise visit at wyte fort.knocked on his door,and a hungry quicksilver,who was expecting his breakfast,opened the door.....
That was quite a surprise and a plesant one indeed. Sorry I was hungry and was munching away happily when you were trying to make conversation. Please blame it on Zak for providing me with such good food.

Quote:
1.meeting up with quicksilver-a calm,composed and humble man,who can shock you with his knowledge of cars.
Hydra, Carfreak, thanks both of you but honestly, most of my knowledge about cars and specifically about ICE, comes from T-BHP.

Quote:
the delicious prawns dish at wyte fort which zak always offers us on all t-bhp meets(thank you zak,continue doing the same for all future meets too!!)it has a strange name-something like kwaithyon kaathiyon haaikon tong,which only zak knows(actually he doesnt-so whenever you ask its name he just utters some in-comprehensible words,so that you dont ask him a second time!!)
Ha ha ha.... very true. Zak has his signature dish there.... he is full of surprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I happened to call Quicksilver today and was told tales of the Kochi boys' hospitality. Having witnessed it myself a couple of times, all I can say is... wish I was there.... sob sob...

PS. Guys, how about another one soon... I'm making up excuses to come there as I type this!
Count me in too.... I realized that the drive to Cochin can be done in 2.5 hours int he best traffic conditions and 3.5 hours max. Not bad, considering we get to meet so many nice people. Am looking forward to my next trip folks, please plan up something like Steeriod says and I will bring some more TBHPians from Cbe.
Old 9th May 2007, 23:38   #142
BHPian

all right people,the stage is set for the next t-bhp cochin meet!!hopefully not in the first 2 weeks of june!!
Old 10th May 2007, 14:16   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

@ Zakkie & Gang - since the National Meet is now a Notional Meet, lets try and meet up sometime in the first two weeks of June?

I suggest a drive to Vagamon in the rains. We meet ONLY if it rains!
Hello All!
Can we do this? Yes, I am speaking about a hill adventure on rains!

YES or NO!!!
Old 10th May 2007, 14:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hello All!
Can we do this? Yes, I am speaking about a hill adventure on rains!

YES or NO!!!
If it is a one day thing on a sunday, I'm IN.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:07   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i want to have prawns at wyte fort!!
As do I.
Gentlemen, I'm coming there on the 27th May, Sunday. I'd love to meet you.

Also I'd like to invite all of you to the inauguration of The JBL Store in Cochin, on the 28th at ummm.. Zak, Hydra, can you please explain where? Thanks.

It's going to be quite big and exciting, the ground floor will be JBL Multimedia and Home Theatre and the entire top floor will be multibrand car accessories, including car audio and lots of stuff that you guys like.

But before that, will I see you gentlemen on Sunday?
Old 10th May 2007, 19:22   #146
BANNED

Arrey,
Your last stint with Cochin was very short and you were tired too. So this time, (27th may?) we will make a big meet on your name.
Happy?

Guys! Chal, Sam is the next cheap guest to arrive in Cochin. So, what say?
Old 10th May 2007, 19:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

Ah, good You bet you'll see us on sunday. With bells on

The JBL store is on the Edappally Byepass very near Vyttila. Opposite Chirayath Cars. On the RHS when you're going toward Vyttila from Edappally.

Looking forward to Sunday and then Monday!
Old 10th May 2007, 19:44   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The JBL store is on the Edappally Byepass very near Vyttila. Opposite Chirayath Cars. On the RHS when you're going toward Vyttila from Edappally.
Just got the official address:
N.H. Bypass, Challikkavattom, Vytilla.

Put together Hydra's post and mine and you've got a pretty complicated address, no matter where in the world you are from. Man I like Malayalam spellings
Old 10th May 2007, 21:45   #149
BHPian

haa...its party time again @ cochin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Gentlemen, I'm coming there on the 27th May, Sunday. I'd love to meet you.
Oye Sam!!! Welcome again!!

Hello all @ kochi.... how bout a boat ride atleast this time?!! Sam luv it and so it wud be the best thing we must do for him!! What say?!
Old 10th May 2007, 23:35   #150
BHPian

well i cant miss sam sir this time round.will surely be there if,hopefully,something else doesnt turn up at the last minute!!

Quote:
near vyttila?wow,so my good friend anand who has one of the sharpest ears i know will have no problem coming and checking out the various stuff on offer!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks