Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 19:24   #61
BHPian

Are we zeroed in on the place as yet..... I am coming for sure...loads and loads to discuss.... And I am looking at the pics of the previous meet so that I can identify who is who... waise I can identify your rides very well but, recognizing the faces and the real names would be great....just to help couple of others like me who are going to be break their team-bhp meet virginity this is the link to the old post by ishan about the 16th Dec meet... Eagerly looking fwd to meeting all you guys
Old 12th April 2007, 22:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

so what is the final venue.....and what are the timings.....
Old 12th April 2007, 23:13   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
how easilt did it make that left turn in the village ? where you turn left for kasauli and rt for some other town and almost a u turn for some where else
Are you by any chance referring to Garkhal as the village ... If so , then left turn to Kasauli Im sure must have been a cake walk -- after all even buses take that left unless u feel the safari is BIGGER ! Rt turn is for Subathu ( its a back road that can get you there via broken bridge ... and the U -turn takes you up a hill and down a hill back to Dharampur . and on top of that hill is Lawrence School Sanawar . !!!

U forgot the straight road ... which goes to a distillery ( MOhan Meakins ) !!!

As for the meet ..... even Im veg and tea totaller and am a veteran so dont worry ---- Just get ur 4 wheels there !!!

Sam@ I agree with you ... 1st point is way over my head as well , get me behind the wheel and then I can let my foot do the talking !!!

Suman@ Are you confirmed ... Ill only know that eve !!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2007, 04:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Well the plan is to meet at Nelson Madela Marg at about 6pm on saturday evening. Later we move onto a pub (two options right now, one in VV & other in GK-2 will confirm which is decided tomorrow) and then for dinner to Al-Kauser.

Please post your confirmations on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
maverick, even I'm vegetarian with no drinks!! if these people force at all, i might take up a glass or two.
Hahahahahahahah that has got to be the joke of the month!! Panty without Daaru!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We have one more D-BHPian in Delhi. Panty12345 is a D-BHPian. Where the D stands for Daru.
And in LBM's case the D stands for Dhinchak. Or Dhoom Machale.
Depending on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
tried ricks at taj mansingh ?? bar last order at 1 pm ... music till 2-3 pm ... lots and lots and lots of eye candy no cover charge
Yeah loads & loads of times, mainly for the eye candy!! Bloody expensive though!!
Old 13th April 2007, 09:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well the plan is to meet at Nelson Madela Marg at about 6pm on saturday evening. Later we move onto a pub (two options right now, one in VV & other in GK-2 will confirm which is decided tomorrow) and then for dinner to Al-Kauser.
Go for the one in VV if you can set it up properly - else you'll spend the bulk of the time driving around South Delhi (since you want to come back to AK). Which one in VV?

Khaadu, looks like a "no-go" but I'll keep you posted - give me a buzz in the evening..........
Old 13th April 2007, 10:51   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

VV, AK GK, speak English you dilliwallas!!
Old 13th April 2007, 11:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hahahahahahahah that has got to be the joke of the month!! Panty without Daaru!!!!

lol bro what was that ??
Old 13th April 2007, 11:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VV, AK GK, speak English you dilliwallas!!

VV: Vasant Vihar;
GK : Greater Kailash;
AK : Al-Kauser

short'n'smart!!

No offences meant to Mumbaikars, but I feel they are certainly better than names like Loaaaakhaaaanaadaaawaaalaaa/Vaaaaaacccchi/Boraaaaavaaaaili/Kandaaaavaaaali/Dombaaaavaaaali....

Last edited by panky12345 : 13th April 2007 at 11:16.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol bro what was that ??
Read Sam's reply below for clarification:

Quote:
We have one more D-BHPian in Delhi. Panty12345 is a D-BHPian. Where the D stands for Daru.
As for the rest of the plan, expect a finalised plan & venue list by 3 pm or so today.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

aah thanks , i missed that . Have loads of fun guys ...Wish i was back in del
Old 13th April 2007, 13:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

you are more than welcome to attend the meat sammyboy....but i really fail to understand why people are laughing if I want to be a sober man! (not for all the nonveg activities lined up for the night as B&T pointed)

B&T are you coming bro?
Old 13th April 2007, 13:53   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
you are more than welcome to attend the meat sammyboy....but i really fail to understand why people are laughing if I want to be a sober man! (not for all the nonveg activities lined up for the night as B&T pointed)

B&T are you coming bro?
After reading and seeing this he might not come.....but who know.....

Old 13th April 2007, 15:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

but B&T seems to quite excited and enjoyin'!!
Old 13th April 2007, 20:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys a few things:

We checked out a few pubs in the VV area but none were suitable. Reasons being that either they were too expensive or were notwilling to allow 20-odd Stag entries on a saturday evening!!

So what we've decided is that instead of meeting at Nelson Mandela Marg & then driving to GK & then to AK, we will meet at GK-II M-Block market at about 5:30pm tomorrow & then at about 7:30 or so move on to the pub in the same market.

After drinks we can proceed for dinner to AL- Kauser (which has already been instructed to reserve a table for about 20-25 people).

Please note we are NOT meeting at Nelson Mandela Marg tomorrow.

Also there has been a slight change in the payment system at the Pub. This time we'll most probably have individual tabs for all who are drinking so that as soon as they order something the manager/server will collect the payment for the same at that moment itself. This will save us a lot of hassle we usually have later on.

One problem is that because I was travelling all day today also I've not been able to PM anybody about this meet. I will be calling up everyone who's number I have to confirm their attendance but in case I miss somebody can the other members also co-ordinate with whomever they are touch with to ensure their attendance?

If there is anything else please feel free to post here or call me. Will also post a confirmed list of attendees later tonight.

P.S. Panky - Sam & me would need some refreshments while going from GK-II to AK, can you arrange for it?

Last edited by iraghava : 13th April 2007 at 20:51.
Old 13th April 2007, 20:59   #75
BHPian

Dinner kitne baje hai...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks