Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 16:19   #76

Re: 1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021

Can you please include me in the next one. Never knew such a meet was happening in Kolkata. Missed the chance to meet fellow Team Bhpians and all the fun!!
prk265 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 17:49   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Lovely pictures Souvik! It turned out to be a mega meet and so many new faces! Noticed that a lot of old time Bhpians have been missing.
Thanks a lot Sumitro da! Yes it was actually a mega meet after a real long time. Lot of new faces this time. The old ones were really missed.

Hopefully they will turn up in the next one.
SVK Rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 19:14   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
Hi Kolkata members,
I am in Kolkata after 12 years (for a good number of days) and it would have been my first Kolkata meet. However coincidently, I have to start travelling on the same route towards Durgapur from Kolkata at around 11 a.m, so unfortunately I will miss the meet, which I really don't wish to :-( .

Just would like to know, that, till which time the meetup may go on for, so that if there is a possibility, I could join in for a while at the later part of the meet.

Cheers.
In continuation to the previous post, I kept my finger crossed, and reached the venue by 2'ish. To my luck, post meet get together was still on which I gate crashed. Thanks for making me at home in few seconds!

Few pics from my end:

1. MUV along with more stylish friends:

1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021-whatsapp-image-20210120-18.36.39-1.jpeg

2. While the AMG pulled away many of the members attention, I could only see the yellow :-) :

1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021-whatsapp-image-20210120-18.36.41.jpeg

3. Happy me taking selfie:

1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021-kolkata.jpeg

4. The humble attendee to the meet:

1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021-whatsapp-image-20210120-18.36.39.jpeg

Thank you Kolkata Tbhpians.

Last edited by arighna.dutta : 20th January 2021 at 19:19.
arighna.dutta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 19:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
After the meet few Bhpian's decided to have some more fun and test their vehicles off the road. This time we decided to take it light so the 2wd vehicles with high GC & the two wheelers can also have some fun.
Lovely pics. We're often told that a good event becomes great because of the participants. Love the camaraderie on display here. Looking forward to many more such events. We need to do one for Hyd soon!

Last edited by Sheel : 21st January 2021 at 05:34. Reason: Please quote *ONLY* the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
vk007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 20:29   #80
BHPian

Amazing pictures. Lovely meet. Looks like everyone had great fun together. I am determined to be a part of a Team BHP meet in and around Delhi NCR the next time it happens.
SatyRoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 22:55   #81
BHPian

Awesome group, awesome meet, even more awesome cars...kudos to the team.

Kolkata group is one set of real fanatics. Just look at the number of AWD dusters!!! That looks like almost all Renault sold in India Keep going
WhiteKnight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 11:10   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post

Sadly I bumped into this thread only today. Considering a lot of us are in town making the best use of work from home scenes, can we have another meet up by January end?

Can someone more capable than me in planning take the front foot on this ?

Hoping to meet the Calcutta family soon!
Similar thoughts here.
I would love to know more about the process as to how to be in the loop regarding next meet-ups. Kicking myself for not having attended this one!!!
Rhik94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 13:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
I would love to know more about the process as to how to be in the loop regarding next meet-ups. Kicking myself for not having attended this one!!!
Process is similar for all meets, be it Kolkata or Pune.
  • Keep an eye out on TeamBhp meet section / subscribe meet thread for updates every other week or so.
  • Once you attend a meet, you can get contact number of fellow Bhpians who can PM you about future meet details in case you missed, or invite you to mini meets or travels which they may plan from time to time.
  • Normally we have 2-3 major meets a year (Summer-Monsoon-Winter) and multiple small meets here & there
Samfromindia is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 13:17   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Process is similar for all meets, be it Kolkata or Pune.
  • Keep an eye out on TeamBhp meet section / subscribe meet thread for updates every other week or so.
  • Once you attend a meet, you can get contact number of fellow Bhpians who can PM you about future meet details in case you missed, or invite you to mini meets or travels which they may plan from time to time.
  • Normally we have 2-3 major meets a year (Summer-Monsoon-Winter) and multiple small meets here & there
Thank you so much Samfromindia. I have subscribed to the Meets thread and can't wait for the next meet!!
Rhik94 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 21:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Absolute grenade of a picture set. Don't know if anyone would echo the same, I feel the Duster is truly a master of camouflage for what I can see. The thing blends so well with the background, perfect urban and jungle hunter. Good to see folks enjoying around and a much needed breather and some mud plugging. Great job lads.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:09   #86
BHPian

Amazing pictures from an equally amazing meet ! Sadly I had to miss out at the very last moment.
The offroading event at Boinchi sand quarry was a great way to conclude the meet. Hope to join you all during the next meet for sure !
turboNath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
In continuation to the previous post, I kept my finger crossed, and reached the venue by 2'ish. To my luck, post meet get together was still on which I gate crashed. Thanks for making me at home in few seconds!
Damn! If only I knew this was extending till 2, I could have crashed in too! I couldn't make it to the meet because I had to travel to Durgapur on the 17th afternoon.

Quote:
2. While the AMG pulled away many of the members attention, I could only see the yellow :-) :
What are the odds! On my way to Durgapur, I stopped at Highway Mirchi for lunch around 2-ish and was on the phone when I saw both the Porsches zoom by towards Kolkata. I could barely catch a glimpse of them. Now it all adds up such a close miss with the extended group!

Until next time.
bongSENse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:37   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Just look at the number of AWD dusters!!! That looks like almost all Renault sold in India Keep going
Bhpians Drivetrain and Ghostrider28 were among the first ones to get the Duster AWD, then PapaBravo took it forward. But it had stopped at that. A very few Duster AWDs joined Team Bhp Kolkata chapter for the next few years. Things changed once Samba bought the Duster AWD 2 years back. He wields tremendous power in the Kolkata Team Bhp scene and his followers flocked to buy the Duster. That is the secret of so many Duster AWDs in Kolkata
BlackPearl is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 15:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Things changed once Samba bought the Duster AWD 2 years back. He wields tremendous power in the Kolkata Team Bhp scene and his followers flocked to buy the Duster. That is the secret of so many Duster AWDs in Kolkata
Couldn't agree more ! Same can be said for Thar if not Bolero when BlackPearl used to grace our meets with his presence. There was a big lineup of mighty body on frame 4x4 vehicles including Thar, Gypsy, Bolero, Scorpio, Safari who used to take the centerstage. In this meet there was only one new gen Thar among the sea of AWDs.

1st meet after lockdown - Kolkata meet on 17th Jan 2021-img_5452.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd January 2021 at 17:08. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Samfromindia is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 19:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongSENse View Post
Damn! If only I knew this was extending till 2, I could have crashed in too! I couldn't make it to the meet because I had to travel to Durgapur on the 17th afternoon.
Until next time.
The meet was technically over, and many had already left.

But, based on previous Bangalore-Hyderabad and local Bangalore meet experiences, I just took a chance. Even I was not really hopeful, hence after starting around 11:30 a.m, lethargically took quite some time to fill up the car, lazily stopped by the toll for the FasTag, and was having a non necessary 30 mins break at CCD just 7 minutes before the venue.

I have been to few meets and then had been part of one Whatsapp meet groups, however, it doesn't work all the time, if you cant be a regular. Only one thread works though, especially the points 1 and 2 mentioned in the very first post of the thread. Sharing the link of the thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-bhp-when.html (You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...)

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Last edited by arighna.dutta : 23rd January 2021 at 19:44.
arighna.dutta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed