Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 21:15   #196
Senior - BHPian

No one was racing. When all the videos are put up, you will see the initial formation was the same as the final one. We were all going uphill, one behind another, like a group of good Suzie boys.

Tarul, buy a new stopwatch.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:15   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Were you peeking on 3rd ?? Maybe its time for tarul to get a new stop watch .. And where are you logging on from ?? C200 or still at work ??
Still at work... Never said I peaked the 3rd gear (was sure that I did go over 130 at one spot), but said i could pull it that far and most imp of them all I did not time.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:01   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming to think of which , ritesh I did see your confirmation reading " I am confirmed with my thoroughbred VTEC" or such thing .. Did you blow the headgasket after this ?? Or you meant that your car was thoroughbred even with the blown headgasket ??
LOLzzz...

A thoroughbred is a thoroughbred fella, even if its limping!!! All that matters is its green and definitely mean ...wat say??
Old 24th April 2007, 22:02   #199
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
And in case anybody wants a better version of that climb video, here it is - http://sajanthomas.com/tbhp/nandi-small.wmv.
Did some more detective work. There is a road-sign appearing right at the beginning (within the first 5 secs) that says 7 kms. So if this video was shot from the beginning of the climb, we can take 7 kms to be the climb. Tadukuttan's timing was 5:40, which works out to an average of about 75 kmph. And at one point his speedo indicated close to 120 kmph, which we can take to be his top speed.

As for the claim of 4:30, that amounts to an average of 93 kmph (over 7 kms) and maybe a top speed of 140 kmph. Phew! Pretty extreme for this stretch, I must say.

The Baleno boys were more sane, taking 7 mins and averaging 60 kmph, corresponding to a top speed of about 100 kmph as claimed.

Last edited by rks : 24th April 2007 at 22:04.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, video is not linear. And I remember going strong into 3rd more than once, so that's close to 130 tops. But I was driving at about 7/10ths.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:22   #201
Team-BHP Support

When I rode to Nandi hills for the first time in 1987, we took 2 hours 20 minutes to go uphill and 9 minutes downhill. It took two hours from the bottom of the hill to the city. I was riding my first vehicle, Hero Cycle.

Edit: And you wimps need gears.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:28   #202
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ok , after a few phone calls to a couple of people both claim 4:30 on their stopwatch (apparently the drivers weren't informed that they were being timed).. The passenger in the phus phus esteem and the navi in the V6 (or most of it) vitara are sure about this .. I do think it could be possible , given the fact that I could be wrong about the distance ..

Interestingly , the first batch of cars that went up had all the fun it seems .. Ritesh's thoroughbred VTEC being followed just a few metres behind by the Vitara (first the ikon and now the vitara , your car must be really limping wolfie) which was in turn getting tagged by the psychotic esteem ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan
Makes me doubt my ability to drive fast, you know, I can't even make a passenger sick.
After the phone calls and seeing 5:40 on the video im seriously nodding my head in agreement .. .. Just kidding .. Also tadu's car wasn't a part of the famous 1st batch of cars it seems .. Lucky fella to have got an empty stretch ..

Just went through my galleria of videos of the descent .. Video reads 6:25 secs out of which I was stuck behind traffic for a good part of a minute I guess + couple of stops to check what had happened to my car + time lost in decelerating to a stop .. So that would effectively mean a loss of atleast a minute and a half .. Which is approx 5 mins .. The climb up should be quicker as you dont have to brake hard , you can negotiate corners faster etc .. So 4:30 is possible .. However all these claims are based only on the timings from the videos are not meant to be taken seriously ..

Rks , I must say you are really good at this detective work ..
Old 24th April 2007, 22:29   #203
Senior - BHPian

Guess it is time to stop my car is faster than your syndrome and thank each other for a great drive that happened after ages, time to cool off.

Maybe we ought to get out more often :-) what say boys.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:30   #204
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
When I rode to Nandi hills for the first time in 1987, we took 2 hours 20 minutes to go uphill and 9 minutes downhill. It took two hours from the bottom of the hill to the city. I was riding my first vehicle, Hero Cycle.

Edit: And you wimps need gears.
Could you kindly let the secret out on this short cut ?? Wonder what it could mean for cars ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho
Guess it is time to stop my car is faster than your syndrome
Sahi bola bhai ..

Quote:
Cough cough , provided we get out of ashoka's na ?? Actually to be honest almost every saturday we go for a drive late in the night .. I certainly remember going to tumkur coffee day , maddur coffee day and mulbagal coffee day all in about just under a month .. Just that as usual its always been those regular few .. Psycho , tadu , jay , v1p3r , myself .. We would love to have more joining in ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th April 2007 at 22:35.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:36   #205
Senior - BHPian

If i heard right the vitara wasnt letting the esteem overtake with the excuse that he had no Rvms .That would mean the esteem was slowed down which would inturn mean the vtec's time equalled the slowed down esteem's time.

Happy??

Now post the vids akshay
Old 24th April 2007, 22:44   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could you kindly let the secret out on this short cut ?? Wonder what it could mean for cars ??
This was right after the SAARC summit of 1986 that was partly held in Nandi Hills. The roads were in fantastic condition (even banked perfectly) thanks to Rajiv Gandhi's driving craze. We didn't have to worry about road conditions at all. We barely touched the brakes downhill except in the first few curves. May be it was 11 minutes, but not more.
Old 24th April 2007, 22:54   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
If i heard right the vitara wasnt letting the esteem overtake with the excuse that he had no Rvms .That would mean the esteem was slowed down which would inturn mean the vtec's time equalled the slowed down esteem's time.

Happy??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Ritesh's thoroughbred VTEC being followed just a few metres behind by the Vitara (first the ikon and now the vitara , your car must be really limping wolfie) which was in turn getting tagged by the psychotic esteem ..

In sane minds you can only imagine how quick I wouldve tried going when I saw my temperature guage touching the 90% hot mark some 10 corners before the entry gate...but whatever... Im happy if you are with our creative delusions

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th April 2007 at 22:56.
Old 24th April 2007, 23:00   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Guess it is time to stop my car is faster than your syndrome and thank each other for a great drive that happened after ages, time to cool off.

This couldnt have come at any better moment than this
Old 24th April 2007, 23:38   #209
BHPian

what about us poor guys with no car....have to get left behind lol. there is no way in hell im taking the activa up there
Old 24th April 2007, 23:39   #210
Senior - BHPian

holy mama! the video from EZen is amazing....mind blowing...i kept on swaying in the chair as if i was in the car. phew! i need a f@g now. i am yet to download tadu's video.

tomorrow my boss @work will kill me for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks