Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Very good pics there Rudra and good report guys ..Damn the weather and fever made me miss .Sorry guys .Promise next time count me whatever.
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:32   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I'm surprised none of you goats have mentioned abt mclaren1885's new add-on : Dynamically Ejecting Lug Nuts
I am sure that elf will be feasting reading this post .. Ejection and nuts .. And noodle's read carefully (hoping you dont choose to read words as much as you are choosy to drive your car on roads) rudy has infact mentioned it .. Which means he is not a goat .. Lol ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
ah yes the lug nuts coming loose down hill. man you should have seen that. You could tighten those with your hands. they were that loose.
That was shocking to me indeed .. Had gotten the tyres fitted the previous evening at Madhu's (considered one of the best) , though the mech forgot to tighten the front right lugs .. After a quick inspection by blue boy and a few words with the mechanic , he apologized and tightened them using the gun .. Infact , we rechecked all 4 tyres .. They were all tight .. Still cant imagine how the lugs became loose (mind it it was only the right front wheel) ?? Pulled off with the first feel of vibration from the tyres and figured out the problem ..

Guys just got a few videos and pics from anup sometime back .. Akshay when will you take it ?? Or do you want me to upload them and send the links to you ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 22nd April 2007 at 21:35.
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:31   #33
BHPian

Some pics from me..
in front of MRO TEC before the drive to Nandi hills

Scenery from top

group having fun at the expense of theMAG

View of temple at top

group assemble at the top

all the cars together in one lot..

cars

three ikons together

more cars ..the bull on the extreme

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd April 2007 at 22:58. Reason: Full size allowed
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:10   #34
BHPian

Wow it was one fun filled drive, guess i made the right choice getting the vitra(in parts), but couldn't help it got the car only yesterday at 4 in the evening so could not do much even had to stick the number plates, well was really amazed to see the turn out, even more suprised to see some of the old members making a sudden appearing act........ welll waiting for the pics and videos, macl and c3p0 get them going with all the others wwho took pics..
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:11   #35
BHPian

Amazing Meet Amazing Drive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Some pics from me..

Scenery from top

View of temple at top

group assemble at the top

cars

These photos are one among the best i ve seen in my Life, great going Shaz, hope to see many more....

About the drive it was simply amazing,all of us had a wonderful time meeting all the fellow BHPIANS with thier Rides...Pick of the day was undoubtedly the SKODA RS,

I must say I really had a ball of a time driving up hill with the Balenos, would haved loved it even more if i had the 195 or 205 profiles, but then i was running stock tyres and my car was on Mileage mode just got it detuned for city usage to get some better mileage,still had real fun..Thanks to Vikas's amazing video of me driving uphill, tailgating Mclaren who kept on blocking me and never let me past him Also special thanx for MCL to spalsh out water and leading me into a wild spin with my crazy stock tyres still caught up with BINZ's baleno and overtook him.
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

You photoguys all suck. All your panoramic wide lense views, and not a single shot of my car.

Anyway, here is our surprise cheap guest for the meet. Anyone recognise him?

Old 22nd April 2007, 23:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
The rs was in a totally different league.Both the balenos did 200.Supposedly did the nandi hills climb in 4mins30secs.
BInz
the rs touched a 210 in the wet, i don't know what u guys did with the balenos, but the i managed to curise at 160 in the vitara, and the hill climb time of 4.30 was done only by 3 cars if i remember and they turn out to be wolf's ohc vtec, kesh's tc esteem and the vitara in the 4wd mode,i remember Jlo and c3p0 saying some thing like 7mins and odd to the parking lot where we had the photo shoot of all the rides.
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

[quote=binz;419278]

Picture of the Day ... Its not daily u see 3 balenos 2 of same colour hitting on a blue lady

looks like a gangsta meet... so many people going together no one must be having guts stopping them doing 200KMPH .....
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

After seeing all your pic and views i just want to be in bangalore people in punjab are not showing interest in the meet at all
Old 23rd April 2007, 00:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Anyway, some pics I took. All from my humble camera-phone, so haters and baiters, stay away.

theMAG, king of all his world:

The largest engine, and most powerful in NA form. What a ride!

Lineup after the descent: Tadukuttan's Elantra, Amitoj's OHC 1.5, hyper-vtec's Swift (??), can't see, and that red dot is GBoleroBoy woohoo-ing out of his pimped-up Bolero

Common sight in India; the bus is full and people are hanging off the footboards

Baleno Boys!!!

If someone with Photoshop and talent can process these to get them all squeaky clean and bright like some of the other pics, I would be really grateful. I'm putting up the hi-res versions here.

Old 23rd April 2007, 00:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Notes from the day:
- Neovas are the best tyres available.
- Mcl will always find something/someone wrong.
- Rudra also gets ungli-d sometimes
- Alto + good driver is hard to catch.
- I need new tyres. Badly. With new brakes too.
- Sliding is the fastest way up or down a hill, on stock suspension.
- Diesel or petrol, it's the nut behind the wheel that matters.
- Noodles loves fairy.
- Palio drivers are nice reasonable people. Well, most of them anyway!
- Stock Ikon 1.6 can be as fast as fully-modded OHC Vtec.
- 1 week is all it takes to get 25 cars and 50 people to commit to a 250 km drive.
- Wet is always more fun than dry.
- Memo can drive anything. That guy will be perfectly happy in a tractor with a V8.
- I love my car.

Thank you, all the people who made this possible. From the guys who haven't posted up ever, to those who have been banned and back. You made it happen. To commit a whole day, drive down all the way, more so if you're late (with your dog), or you've gone to Hyderabad by mistake, takes a lot of effort and spirit.

And last, and most of all, thank you mclaren1885. For sending out 500 PMs to every BLR member who logged on in the last 10 days. For calling everyone twice to confirm. For sending 50 SMSs at some unearthly hour for last-minute roll-calls and wake-up calls. For making sure everyone showed up at the appointed hour at the appointed place.

I think the mods should seriously consider making mclaren1885 a D-BHPian. He has contributed more than a lot of members put together.
Old 23rd April 2007, 00:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Notes from the day:
- Alto + good driver is hard to catch.
- Diesel or petrol, it's the nut behind the wheel that matters.
- Palio drivers are nice reasonable people. Well, most of them anyway!
- Stock Ikon 1.6 can be as fast as fully-modded OHC Vtec.
- I love my car.
I agree with the points above. But please tell us more about the Palio, Alto and Stock ikon as fast as OHC VTEC

Quote:
I think the mods should seriously consider making mclaren1885 a D-BHPian. He has contributed more than a lot of members put together.
I second that but after all its the management decision.
Old 23rd April 2007, 01:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
After reading the whole stuff and considering the mad motivation Rahul has worked into making this event happen,He is a V D-BHPian to me.
Old 23rd April 2007, 02:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good show Bangy boys!
I missed all the fun, will definitly try to make it next time and give you guys some gyan on Fiat and Palio Just kidding...!
Old 23rd April 2007, 04:52   #45
BHPian

wow i missed everything! hats off to u guys..that RS sounds delicious . The pics came out great...love the 3 balenos.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks