Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:01   #121
Senior - BHPian

Rahul..!!

What size Neova's are u having for the Baleno??
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:46   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Rahul..!!

What size Neova's are u having for the Baleno??
Though its undertyred , the guy whom i bought it from says 195/50/15's are best on the baleno and not 55 profile which tend to slow the car down it seems (and i would take his word for it) .. Also even across the bad pathces i didn't find the ride to be uncomfortable at all .. Or maybe this could be because of my suspension .. Even if it were I would anyday sacrifice for the tremendous grip they give ..
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:19   #123
Senior - BHPian

For the benefit of the uninitiated, could one of you Bangy boys put a name to each face in one of the group photos?
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:22   #124
Senior - BHPian

Wonder where that guy got those from....To my knowledge Advan Neova range starts from 16"....

I totally agree with u on performance of those tyres after reading many fantastic reviews about Advan Neova .....!!!
Like your signature..!!
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:55   #125
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Though its undertyred , the guy whom i bought it from says 195/50/15's are best on the baleno and not 55 profile which tend to slow the car down it seems (and i would take his word for it) .. Also even across the bad pathces i didn't find the ride to be uncomfortable at all .. Or maybe this could be because of my suspension .. Even if it were I would anyday sacrifice for the tremendous grip they give ..
So your car is "undertyred" and yet your tyres give "tremendous" grip? Are you saying that you are not satisfied with the grip, despite your assessment that it is tremendous? Or do you mean that your car is "undertyred" from the looks point of view (as opposed to performance)? Personally, I want the grip in my tyres to be sufficient for my cornering speeds or for wet roads, but I would not want tremendous (chewing-gum-like) grip because that would detract from performance. But then I drive the incomparable Santro on S322 tubeless tyres, my standards are much higher than yours.
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:59   #126
Team-BHP Support

Ok, we don't want this OT diversion again. Please stop this.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:00   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
But then I drive the incomparable Santro on S322 tubeless tyres, my standards are much higher than yours.
The Santro Strikes Back!!!
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:01   #128
Senior - BHPian

The tires are undertired meaning they are technically not the correct profile.Correct being 195/55 and his being 195/50.
Afaik these tires were given to him by a rally driver who discarded them as they had too much grip

Performance wise these tires come stock on the lotus elise and the impreza sti which says more than enough about their performance.

They cost 4700 bucks a tire!
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:40   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
is .. Tadu , how about a drive next sunday to nandi hills ?? Car will be back by then from work .. This time though it will give you a run for your money ..

And special thanks to psycho for being ON TIME ONCE ..
Dad bought a petrol pump? Obviously Psycho was on time, he left home at 9.30 the previous night for the meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Leaves me confused!! Yes, I mean a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Woah, something surely happened yesterday for you to make such a bold statement. Tell us!!!

Was it the run up the hill by any chance? Thats possible if you don't shift right on a modified Vtec (absolute lack of torque at low rpms).
Well the Vtec and and the Ikon were neck-to-neck for the better part of half a kilometre, in 3rd gear I would guess. We were behind them and the distances didn't change, either between them, or between us and them.

Zak, come down anytime!

Guys, will some kind soul clean up my pics and repost them? Please?
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:57   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Dad bought a petrol pump? Obviously Psycho was on time, he left home at 9.30 the previous night for the meet!
Testing ra , after the drop in compression ..

And talking about standards (or the lack of it) this link is for the uninitiated , kindly read ..
Tyres-Online: Technical Information: Low Profile Tyres
I don't mind having a harsh ride ..

Or if you haven't heard of advan neova's here is something that might help you .
Yokohama's ADVAN Neova AD07 Stakes Its Claim in the Extreme Performance Summer Tire Category

Akshay by when will you pick up the CD's and the car ??

PS : Any further discussions kindly PM me , I shall be obliged to let you out on a secret .. Maybe then you could take those bends faster than ever before ..

PS 2 : Kindly request the mods to edit the posts .. I dont wish to see a thread and a meet that i worked so hard for to be runined with such nonsense ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd April 2007 at 19:08.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
I must say I really had a ball of a time driving up hill with the Balenos, would haved loved it even more if i had the 195 or 205 profiles, but then i was running stock tyres and my car was on Mileage mode just got it detuned for city usage to get some better mileage,still had real fun..Thanks to Vikas's amazing video of me driving uphill, tailgating Mclaren who kept on blocking me and never let me past him Also special thanx for MCL to spalsh out water and leading me into a wild spin with my crazy stock tyres still caught up with BINZ's baleno and overtook him.
Yea the three balenos and the zen up the hill was simply mindblowing.Like a train bumper to bumper,..hazard lights on..doing an average of 100-120 on the mild curves.Phew!You just have to see it to believe it.Spirited driving in the ghat section...the sound,,,simply mindblowing.w8 for the videos.

Raghus zen was quick...i was really not expecting it to pull away from the bumps so fast.Get a nice set of 185...and get it SOOON!And dont say you caught up with us...we stopped for you when you spun out.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:11   #132
Joz
BHPian

[quote=abhibh;419418]I agree with the points above. But please tell us more about the Palio, Alto and Stock ikon as fast as OHC VTEC /quote]

Don't break your head on the Alto. There was this mad fellow behind the wheel of a Silver Alto, who thinks he is Schumi's alter ego, (wears Ferrari on his head, almost always), trying to imitate the roaring Vtec's and Baleno's which went ahead of him. This was downhill, around winding roads and the NOS switch on (read the AC off)!! V1p3r came from behind and he quietly gave way.

On the plains, he was more sedate; one because there is nothing much he could do and two, his pup wanted the NOS switched off!

All those who loved Ginger, she loves you too (She told me so). I showed her the pics. She loves them but she wishes she was her usual self rather than be cranky and trouble me. She wants to come for the proposed meet on May 1st but I say NO. Let's see what happens.

That monkey which JKDas snapped and Sankar loves, he was eyeing my lovely Ginger. Had he come any closer, I would have shot him down!!

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2007 at 22:53. Reason: editing quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:15   #133
BANNED

Joz , we all love ginger equally .. And thanks a ton for making to the hill top inspite of dozing till 8 ?? Thats some spirit ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
I totally agree with u on performance of those tyres after reading many fantastic reviews about Advan Neova .....!!!
Kp , here is a graphical analysis which will help you decide better ..
Yokohama's ADVAN Neova AD07 Stakes Its Claim in the Extreme Performance Summer Tire Category

Also these tyres are available in 15'' .. Right now ford rocam is also looking for these tyres in 225/45/15 i guess .. Still hunting these tyres for him ..

Boys imageshack seems to be acting up .. Any other sites where i could upload the pics from ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd April 2007 at 19:25.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:20   #134
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late post, was busy all day yesterday after the meet and today too.
I want to thank all the organiser and members for the meet.
Skoda RS rocked , so did the 3 balenos and the E-zen. Not to forget the Truck(Safari) and parts of suzuki vitara.
Will make myself available for the entire meet next time.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:31   #135
Senior - BHPian

Neovas are available 13" onwards. Please be careful of rim spec though. Seems most are designed for JJ rims. Mcl, that's why your tyres seemed to bulge.

http://www.advan.com/japanese/produc..._neova_sl.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed