Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2007, 16:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP drive to Nandi hills meet report

Part1:

Oh boy. what a meet. We had close to 40 members and 25 cars. Started off from Mekhri circle. Almost Everyone was there by 6:15. Continued on to the next meet point Hebbal.

At Mekhri Circle we had like 10 cars. ikons, swifts, optras, balenos, vtecs, safari dicor, elantra, a Suzuki Vitara(parts of it), modded bullet and what not. Then at Hebbal we met up with psycho and the rest of the gang, 25 cars was the car count at hebbal and close to 40 members.

Then came a Skoda RS. Whoa. 300bhp . with a bigger turbo, intercooler, carbonio intake, eibach suspension and tarox 10piston brake calipers in the front.

Rudra and me were talking it fairly easy. We were doing 140-160 in stretches. The petesified Elantra(tadus), the RS and Mcl took off. These guys were doing 200kmph on the straights. Was awesome to hear these cars take off. Then all would slow down at the bad sections of road. And whoosh goes the safari dicor whistling away.

We reached the base of nandi hills and waited for everyone to come. After that began the climb up.

contd. in part2.

ps: I didnt have a cam although we have loads and loads of pics and videos.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd April 2007 at 16:30.
Old 22nd April 2007, 16:43   #2
BANNED

Whoa! already posted eh..? I'm too drunk to post pics hehehe.....
Old 22nd April 2007, 16:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Who's Skoda was that!?? Sounds cool
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
, the RS and Mcl took off. .
The rs was in a totally different league.Both the balenos did 200.Supposedly did the nandi hills climb in 4mins30secs.

Will wait for mcl to post a report and add to that.

BInz
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:20   #5
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Rudra and me were talking it fairly easy. We were doing 140-160 in stretches. The petesified Elantra(tadus), the RS and Mcl took off. These guys were doing 200kmph on the straights. Was awesome to hear these cars take off. Then all would slow down at the bad sections of road. And whoosh goes the safari dicor whistling away.
And you folks call me "suicidal" for doing 120-140 kmph in my Santro on the six-lane Mumbai-Pune Expressway? Come on, guys. I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this, but 140-160 kmph is already too fast for a road with "bad sections" -- all the more so when you are driving in a convoy. My recollection of that road (the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway?) is that it is accident-prone and not very safe for speeding -- but this was long ago.
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:27   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Largest TBhp *proper* drive I've attended.
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:32   #7
BHPian

wow.. that was on great get-together.. It rained hammer and tongs all night and it was still drizzling at 6.00 but thanks to all the guys.. they all turned up. the rains and pot holes made our cars dirty.. but what the heck the weather was great and cars are made to get dirty.. yeah? Had a nice time meeting fellow members and that RS..was that good.. it was drool drool.. even the exhaust note too was soo sweet! some pics of the meet comming soon!!
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this, but 140-160 kmph is already too fast for a road with "bad sections" -- all the more so when you are driving in a convoy.
You are never unpopular, sir - you are our mascot. Despite all the (good-natured) stuff thrown around sometimes, you're rather well-liked.

What you say is perfectly understandable.
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

1) guys who made to DA MEET.. Thanks! was greatest meet... we had at Bangy! its da Meet! we rule! 25 cars 1 one bike! kewl! 60plus kms one way!

2) Vitara(parts of it), ??? lol. Thanks Memo for letting me drive it! Awesome it is1

3) modded bull? dude RIDE it! I did on the return . It pulls but needs some stopping power!

4) vikram_d... thanks for the drive back. Queens you rule. Waiting till you change your suspension to drive it.

5) MCL! those tyres rule! but wear those inners :P

6) GODDY! my GOD! THANKS ! I OWN DA ROADS! and da music! great! You made my day!

7) TheMag! Jay,Anush, Sankar, Pyscho, Rudra, Jomz, Joz, Mrs Joz...GINGER ..hiiiiiiiiii!!!! , lol,,,all my dear Bangy friends ....thanks for coming and make this happen.

8) Ginger...you sweet dear..you almost stole the purpose of the meet....

9) then MCL that cat walking(??)emm... wait till others comment abt it

FUN@ cars @ drives @ drive. & ride...WE @ BANGY RULE...

dont believe? See the pix!

psst..saw sam's alias! duplicate! ask anyone!

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd April 2007 at 17:47.
jkdas is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2007, 18:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well well well you guys finally had a nice meet!! Good going guys now if you drunkards will post some pictures for the likes of us!! Would really like to see all the people & the cars and especially the serial-ditcher aka Godfather!! Good to see him attending more then the meet threads!
Old 22nd April 2007, 18:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And you folks call me "suicidal" for doing 120-140 kmph in my Santro on the six-lane Mumbai-Pune Expressway? Come on, guys. I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this, but 140-160 kmph is already too fast for a road with "bad sections" -- all the more so when you are driving in a convoy. My recollection of that road (the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway?) is that it is accident-prone and not very safe for speeding -- but this was long ago.
It was not really a convoy people were going at their own pace. btw there was no santro there and people who had slower cars like Alto, NHC, new fiat palio just went at their own pace.

The road is now 6 lanes through out with 2 sections off railroad crossing still ongoing.

Also the cars which were doing those speeds had some serious machinery. Example the RS was running ventiltaed discs with 10 piston calipers in the front and ventilated discs at the rear as well. It also had strengthened suspension and goodyear eagle F1 tyres.

The petes Elantra has ABS, Michelin's and a very good driver. None of these cars were running higher psi tyres for higher speed. almost all these cars had 50profile rubber with atleast 195mm thickness.

Agreed it may not be safe but noone took any unwanted risks.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd April 2007 at 18:10.
Old 22nd April 2007, 18:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
psst..saw sam's alias! duplicate! ask anyone!
Hmmm!!
Would love to hear more about it.
Old 22nd April 2007, 18:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Totally agree with you sir. Not only that road but any road in India is unsafe...But seldom we get chance to speed in a city like Bangalore. All of us went little mad after a long time seeing open stretch. But that's no excuse, your point taken.

Biggest turn around in Bangalore. All these cars belong to TBHP team.

Youngest member. Slightly mood off with all those loud funny noise from cars.

Group. Few are missing cause they were busy tuning their cars for return...Wolf was one of them.

Stuart lil. Feeling sleepy after tightning his almost falling out wheel bolts.

Vidyut is curious to see how tadu is opening warm beer bottle.

For Joz's collection. Actually never mind Joz, I'll give you that big image.

Climate was nice after the rain. We could really see pretty far.

Old 22nd April 2007, 18:16   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
The rs was in a totally different league.Both the balenos did 200.Supposedly did the nandi hills climb in 4mins30secs.

Will wait for mcl to post a report and add to that.

BInz
I saw a video of Mcl going past the RS and tadu's Elantra.

yeah JKD the Vitara was amazing. Just been through a crash and was stil not repaired. You guys gotta see the pics. Airbags deployed, no rear glass and side glass, no lights, stuck in 4wd and no Power Steering still was doing 2nd gear 4wheel spins with the V6 engine. hats off to Memo for being able to drive her.
Old 22nd April 2007, 18:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was not really a convoy people were going at their own pace. btw there was no santro there and people who had slower cars like Alto, NHC, new fiat palio just went at their own pace.

The road is now 6 lanes through out with 2 sections off railroad crossing still ongoing.
It was an awesome meet guys... Not only the slow cars... only a few of them were zooming as mentioned in the prev posts....but the others who were enjoying nature, speed and the drive were:

Rudra Sir in his Optra
Lukushywalker in his Optra
myself in my Alto
Amitoj in OHC

Over all it was an awesome meet....Here are some of the pics from my cam:
Gathering @ Hebbal Flyover

Just before the climb @ Foothills of Nandi

The Grand Old Man with his black beauty

More pics following....Presently net is damn slow in home...

Samurai: help, not able to do the resizing of pics as u suggested, for the time being posting in the same old manner as I always do...

Abhi

Mod Edit: Actually Imageshack upload screen gives automatic options to resize to various sizes.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd April 2007 at 21:03. Reason: Images resized
Closed Thread

Most Viewed