Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Amitoj in OHC
????????????

Welcome back, Amitoj!
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:22   #17
Team-BHP Support

yup that was Amitoj in an OHC. I guess it was running a free flow from the sound, though the end can was stock.

the RS was owned by Stanley leather. had an awesome leather interior job.
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:39   #18
Joz
BHPian

Awesome Awesome drive it was!!

Had a solo drive uphill, thanks a little too prolonged saturday night. The drive downhill was good fun. I really stretched my car and had total fun. Ginger was a little groggy since she was also up till 5 last night.. she is sleeping like a log now.

Rudra, thank you for the snaps. The one for the collection can be rightly called the beauty and the beast.

Will post more later. Gotta rush now.
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

The chief guest ??

Bangalore team-bhp rocks. Great drive guys. Hungry for more snaps & videos too.
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

wowie you guys sure had a great time, by the time i spoke to Rudra he was on his way back so :(
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Last edited by binz : 22nd April 2007 at 19:56.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:12   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It was a wonderful gathering .. The best I have seen in ages .. Btw , we had 2 cheap guests (and none of you would believe) and we had the little GINGER as well to make our day (another first on tbhp) .. Would like the others not to reveal their identity until v1p3r finishes his report .. We do have some surprises in store for you .. Once again I would love to thank all those who made it to this wonderful drive and request those who didnt make it too to try harder the next time .. We had 27 cars and 1 bike at the meet and over 60 members at last count , a few cars joined in later .. What was supposed to be my lasting outing with her MAY NOT BE SO .. Keeping fingers crossed ..

And unlike our delhi counterparts , instead of hearing expletives hurled at ones sister or mother there was more mentioning of elf and wine , yes not to forget Mag's name too in the same breath and PINK .. And some more talk about maggi (yes the noodle's one) sitting on nandi's hill (or so someone said loudly) or was it riding on nandi's hills ?? But there were some tasty kababs , pakodas , beer (loads of it) and car talk as well .. While all our bling king (who was kind enough to tell that he would upgrade his rims as I wanted his , he is sweet I'l tell you that man) could think of is going trigger happy .. We must meet over a drink sometime soon ..

Rks , I agree with you completely .. Nothing can be compared to the handling of the Indian Supercar (hint hint) not even an optra running on nice rubber , a RS running on 10 piston brake calipers , eibach springs and awesome tyres or a baleno running on suspension made for the track with the best affordable tyres one could lay their hands on in INDIA or a TurboCharged (yet slower and unsafe than our supercar) esteem running es100's with suspension made for track racing .. Yes , we were all fools and yes we are all stupid .. But at no point did anyone commit to anything that could be remotely referred to as dangerous .. Certainly not taking a vow to commit suicide in their not such SUPERCARS .. I request you to start a separate thread on bangalore driver's and their habits because its been ages since we have had such a nice meet and I for once wouldn't want to see it getting ruined because of personal attacks .. Request the mods to edit the details accordingly .. Thanks a TON ..

As for the rest , just hang on .. Pics and videos of stuff never seen before on TBHP coming up ..

V1p3r : Where is my memory card ra ????

Dont know if I will be posting much and doing justice to the report part as I didn't have a winks sleep owing to a late night coffee meet at Ashoka's till 5:30 am .. Reached home at 5:45 had bath and scooted off to Mekri Circle to meet up with the gang .. Right now , running really high fever (rudy , thats the reason i couldn't eat) and a headache I wished I hadn't fell so in love with ..

Once again , thank you all fellas ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 22nd April 2007 at 20:27.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:38   #23
BHPian

The ending.

The last man standing, ok, in this case sitting.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:40   #24
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Rks , I agree with you completely .. Nothing can be compared to the handling of the Indian Supercar (hint hint) not even an optra running on nice rubber , a RS running on 10 piston brake calipers , eibach springs and awesome tyres or a baleno running on suspension made for the track with the best affordable tyres one could lay their hands on in INDIA or a TurboCharged (yet slower and unsafe than our supercar) esteem running es100's with suspension made for track racing .. Yes , we were all fools and yes we are all stupid .. But at no point did anyone commit to anything that could be remotely referred to as dangerous .. Certainly not taking a vow to commit suicide in their not such SUPERCARS ..
All this is completely irrelevant. The Bangalore-Hyderabad road is a national highway and not an Expressway to the best of my knowledge. I.e., it is not fenced off from pedestrians/cattle, two-wheelers are not banned on it (one of your guys drove a Bullet), there could be bullock-carts/cyclists, etc., plus most importantly, there were "bad sections" on it by the description given in this thread -- correct me if I am wrong. Unlike, for example, the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, which is the only road on which I dare to consistently exceed 120 kmph. I am glad to hear, though, that the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway has now been widened to a 6-lane road.

And yes, I like my Santro. But don't want to discuss this here, as per your request.

Last edited by rks : 22nd April 2007 at 20:57.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:43   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
All this is completely irrelevant. The Bangalore-Hyderabad road is a national highway and not an Expressway to the best of my knowledge. I.e., it is not fenced off from pedestrians/cattle, two-wheelers are not banned on it (one of your guys drove a bullet), there could be bullock-carts, etc., plus most importantly, there were "bad sections" on it by the description given in this thread -- correct me if I am wrong. Unlike, for example, the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, which is the only road on which I dare to consistently exceed 120 kmph. I am glad to hear, though, that the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway has now been widened to a 6-lane road.

And yes, I like my Santro. But don't want to discuss this here, as per your request.
Like I said in my previous post please start a new thread .. Let us not spoil the fun filled day we had .. And tadu , thats a nice pic ..
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:52   #26
Team-BHP Support

chill guys, i guess the point is taken and acknowledged and the forum in no ways support rash driving.

Having said all that, the stretch though is not the safest of all the roads in India, its improved alot and is relatively a safer stretch especially in the morning hours with less automobile or human traffic.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Then all would slow down at the bad sections of road.
That means we slow down when the roads are not good. Which of course will be clearly illustrated when we post some of the in car videos, post processing.

And V1P3R is busy doing that, and I am sure that we will be seeing some rocking clips soon...
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:08   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
That means we slow down when the roads are not good. Which of course will be clearly illustrated when we post some of the in car videos, post processing.

And V1P3R is busy doing that, and I am sure that we will be seeing some rocking clips soon...
The rail intersections are pretty clearly marked as detours well in advance. single lane and we had to take it in like 1st gear with the tyres all were running.

wheres the pics of noodles on top of nandi? oi maggie I finally put your phone camera to some use. post the pics.
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:10   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm surprised none of you goats have mentioned abt mclaren1885's new add-on : Dynamically Ejecting Lug Nuts

@ Vidbhoot: My fone is 2 floors from where I am now and I have no intention of using any energy for fetching it now. Tomorrow.

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd April 2007 at 21:18.
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

ah yes the lug nuts coming loose down hill. man you should have seen that. You could tighten those with your hands. they were that loose.

And ofcourse v1p3r's weight reduction for mileage. He chucked everything from his car, the stepney, jack, toolkit and the air filter into the truck. I was surprised he left the seats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks