Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
and especially the serial-ditcher aka Godfather!! Good to see him attending more then the meet threads!
Huh... I thought i was famous only in Bangalore.. This takes the cake.. I am famous till Delhi...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sumit, apparently your truck's famous at your office too. Was showing these snaps to a friend who works at your firm, and he recognized it immediately.

Huh!!! who is that??

Godfather
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Old 23rd April 2007, 12:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

bowling @ Nandi Hills....da ball

the pins!

Old 23rd April 2007, 12:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
TurboCharged (yet slower and unsafe than our supercar) esteem running es100's with suspension made for track racing ..
Yeah if the car was slightly more grippy in the wet would have decided to go beyond 180 still had 2500 rpm to go. Loved the climb up and the way down, would have loved it even more if Memo let me get past him on the way up (was wishing I could do it under 4 mins, and my apologies for the person on the backseat being thrown all around as I dont have seat belts on the back)and if I hadnt been slowed on the way down on the long curve by a cop jeep standing in the center of the road and the cop fighting it out with a bus driver (thank god memo was far behind this time) and a group of slow cars at the last 3 bends.

Loved the ride but could have been even better if the roads had been dry, never had the heart to try any stunts around, and am yet to learn what pedal to metal means, was on half throttle on the highway, and quarter on the climb.

Thanks guys for a great drive.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:20   #80
BHPian

Hi,

I see jkdas picture a verna but was not able to find him after we left hebbal or was he..?

Rajs
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:20   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Altho jkDas didnt come in his ride, he still had the best time amongst all of us- having specialized in male photography with Sankar as his subject.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:22   #82
BHPian

JKDAS, nice pics and very nice coverage.. the pic of the twin plug bulltet in front of the transmission line is awesome..

and the black truck with the gorgeous Hellas.. im falling in love with the DICOR.. Hey Godfather, i forgot to ask you, i keep seeing this beast near Basveshwarnagar ( thats where i live) do you live near by??
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:24   #83
Team-BHP Support

Thanx jk, for pics with me in there... i was wondering if i was on 'invisible' mode there...

As about bowling atop the hill... i had to stop you from it, as the last thing we would have wanted is to start an avalanche there.

More pics:

Ikon power

L-R : The Rally Sport 1.6, Shaz's Ikon 1.6, and my Flair.

The battered Vitara, which was 4 wheel powered. Yes, all-time.

The engine bay

Airbags??

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd April 2007 at 12:33. Reason: Added pics to the text
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Old 23rd April 2007, 12:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Godfather, i forgot to ask you, i keep seeing this beast near Basveshwarnagar ( thats where i live) do you live near by??
With that truck, he lives not only in Basaveshwarnagar but around it too.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

JK, nice pics. Would really appreciate some captions to these.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
and the black truck with the gorgeous Hellas.. im falling in love with the DICOR.. Hey Godfather, i forgot to ask you, i keep seeing this beast near Basveshwarnagar ( thats where i live) do you live near by??

Yes bro.. I am put up in Basaveshwar nagar.

Godfather
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
atleast put the video of your wicked smile after overtaking Mcl
should have seen your face after that drive

Jomz was like..I did see the speedo pass 190 then I fainted.
After that he was sick!

I missed my bike. Psycho hear me?

I was damn impressed by the Dicor. I wanted the roads to be more dusty when we drove over potholes etc.

It was sad that the Bullet didnt have a working speedo. I should have done 120 plus easily.

What I really missed was when all the cars...the Balenos taking down the Vtecs along the highway. I had stopped for checking air for the Bull when they were tearing down the roads, the buzzing in the air of all these cars were great and couldnt stop grinning when localites started commenting.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd April 2007 at 12:38.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:45   #89
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Loved the ride but could have been even better if the roads had been dry, never had the heart to try any stunts around, and am yet to learn what pedal to metal means, was on half throttle on the highway, and quarter on the climb.

Thanks guys for a great drive.
Nahi rey uncle , you got me wrong .. I was referring to your car and the others as well in comparison with Rks' supercar (santro with 5j) .. It was meant to be sarcastic .. For better grip in the wet you ought change to neova's .. They are out of this world .. Ask akshay , anup , jk , binoy (who infact said the neova's are 30% more grippy than his brand new es100's) , pawan and vikas ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomz
atleast put the video of your wicked smile after overtaking Mcl
Finally I see that jomz has recovered from his shock of riding shotgun in the elantra .. That mallu I tell you is as insane as his crdi engine is .. Tadu , how about a drive next sunday to nandi hills ?? Car will be back by then from work .. This time though it will give you a run for your money ..

For all those who were unaware , my car might be having either fried piston rings (worst possible case) or a blown headgasket (remember I have two) leading to leakage of oil thus giving out white smoke at anything over 3k .. So guys dont be surprised after seeing the vidoes and the smokey baleno .. Too high in-cylinder compression is the root cause , will be going lower on the compression by this weekend and get the fuelling right .. Though this could still be my last long drive with her she did manage not to disappoint me .. Touched 200 and I didnt have to tow her back home (which i was expecting) .. And she handled like a gem on the ghats .. Though she is atleast 25-30% slower than she was on the pune-mumbai expressway she will be back to good health really soon ..

Once again I would love to thank you all for coming from different parts of the city and making this meet a huge success .. And thanks for the kind words .. Hoping to see you all at more such meets .. And special thanks to psycho for being ON TIME ONCE ..

Just got the CD from lukeskywalker and anup , shall be dropping it off at akshay's place once I am done with a few checkup's at the hospital .. The video's are awesome I tell you ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd April 2007 at 12:49.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:48   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jomz was like..I did see the speedo pass 190 then I fainted.
After that he was sick!
My car ended up as an ambulance once Jomz ended up sick. He went and rested in it, and also took the ride home with me. The guy was literally talking in his sleep. And yeah, he had contracted Elantrophobia, thanx to Tadu's driving.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks