Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:35   #136
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Joz , we all love ginger equally .. And thanks a ton for making to the hill top inspite of dozing till 8 ?? Thats some spirit ..
Dozing off till 8 did come with some negatives. Like missing the peek-a-boo of the 300 BHP RS and walking up and down the hill for 30 mins trying to figure where you guys are. Ginger calling quits didn't help the cause either.

In fact the previous night after i spoke to you guys, i got my cam, data cable and laptop all set. But partying till 5 AM was not the best way to do it. Come to think of it, maybe it was better this way, else i might have dozed off enroute.

Next time will be on time. No partying on the eve of a drive.

And kudos to you guys for organising the whole show. Thank You.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2007 at 22:52. Reason: edting quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:45   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Neovas are available 13" onwards. Please be careful of rim spec though. Seems most are designed for JJ rims. Mcl, that's why your tyres seemed to bulge.
What is the difference between j and jj? I may have some interest in Neovas since the driving impressions sound outstanding. I would love to try a set once I gather up enough money but difference between j and jj first please?

Sorry for going off topic on the meet thread.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

Well, its was a fantastic drive... Mostly people reached on time, wide variety of cars and excellent climate except a few puddles acting as speed brakers to me(thanks to my low slung exhaust pipe).

Quote:
Notes from the day:
- Stock Ikon 1.6 can be as fast as fully-modded OHC Vtec.
Quote:
Well the Vtec and and the Ikon were neck-to-neck for the better part of half a kilometre, in 3rd gear I would guess. We were behind them and the distances didn't change, either between them, or between us and them..

Dude I saw that Ikon blazing past your baleno...why you taking it on my vtec now bro???LOL...

The Ikon was quick but have a heart dude, dont pit it against a vtec...
While the poor guy was gunning the hell out of his car belting all over the pot holes and puddles I was just about keeping up with him driving extremly carefully as my exhaust was scraping on smallest of undulations and I also coz my head gasket was leaking which is why my car wasnt idling well....which made you ask if I was running a cam! !!
Moreover, whats with the fully modded OHC vtec??? ... Care to explain ????? Looks like you know my car better than myself!!!

Infact I was expecting few quicker cars to run against... RS was no match at all so thats out...only psychos car looked quick among the whole lot...and unfortunately Psycho left to the dhaba while I was waiting for him for a run. The only other quick car was my friends vtec, the grey one that overtook you while you both decided to take on each other on the highway...LOL!!! That was quite a seen...

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd April 2007 at 21:28.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:31   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

Dude I saw that Ikon blazing past your baleno...why you taking it on my vtec now bro???LOL...

The Ikon was quick but have a heart dude, dont pit it against a vtec...
While the poor guy was gunning the hell out of his car belting all over the pot holes and puddles I was just about keeping up with him driving extremly carefully as my exhaust was scraping on smallest of undulations and I also coz my head gasket was leaking which is why my car wasnt idling well....which made you ask if I was running a cam! !!
Moreover, whats with the fully modded OHC vtec??? ... Care to explain ????? Looks like you know my car better than myself!!!
Fully-modded minus cam Ikon was faaast for a stock car, and yes, he was ahead of me. Chill man, your car is probably the quickest NA Vtec in India.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:33   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Btw, does anyone know abt those high-priority calls from your male room-mate you kept receiving on the way back in our car ??
Lol! Jkdas who's that male room-mate of yours?

Ahh.. i see, your landlord told you only to keep the girls away from the building..

And i wonder why his mobile was switched off till this morning..
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:46   #141
BHPian

Great thread. This helped me get familiar with a lot of members, and with the photographs of some too. This must have been a memorable experience for all the participants. Even the readers can imagine the fun that the participants must have had.

The participants are all praise for Elantra. And to think that Hyundai was not able to market this car properly in India, despite this car being described as a VFM by reviewers.

Last edited by ported_head : 23rd April 2007 at 21:54. Reason: Please use edit function when posting within 20 minutes.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:57   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Readers,

If you liked reading abt this - the largest(?) Team-BHP drive ever, whose memorable and passionate experiences are being described here, please do rate this thread. I've, of course, given it a 5-star rating.

Participant goats - pl give it a 6-star rating, if possible.

Mclaren1885 - I never thot I'd say this ("M=Mismatched wheels", aise hi always came to mind ), but, honestly-great job organizing.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd April 2007 at 22:04.
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Also, all those who promised to give in their videos and pics later, especially videos, please PM me with your plan.

And for chrissakes, will someone touch up those two pictures?!
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:40   #144
Senior - BHPian

awesome!!

hey did shravan316 come for the meet too?
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:40   #145
Senior - BHPian

No, he has disappeared.
Old 23rd April 2007, 23:04   #146
DRC
BHPian

You ppl had a whale of a time...

Damn, I missed it.. I had a terrible weekend. My car had a shunt friday, Some idiot motorcyclist clinging his helmet on the mirror banged the rear fender when I was waiting to take a U turn. So left the car for body work.

Still, I thought I would hitch a ride with some one, but something came up in Tumkur, and I had to ride a KSRTC bus to Tumkur .
Old 24th April 2007, 01:38   #147
BHPian

Drive up Nandi Hills, Bangalore

While V1P3R is doing the trip movie, here is a clip, would help folks understand the road up Nandi hills.

And now, will "it" strike again?
Old 24th April 2007, 02:58   #148
BHPian

nice video, now where are the others?
Old 24th April 2007, 08:21   #149
BHPian

Me and Palio

Covered with dirt (Can anyone tell that this one is 20 days old????)

Old 24th April 2007, 08:25   #150
BHPian

V1p3r and the LONE BIKER

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks