Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 19:23   #181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
btw.. where is the video of your high speed spin out Raghu?? did you get that on your on board video cam?
High Speed Run ?? I guess the max speed we touched was about 100 in one of the straights momentarily .. The highway run was a high speed , the ghats were more about handling with really tight slow corners ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
YOur car should have taken down mcl's on the curves had you had better tires.The power to weight ratio is simply amazing!!!
Agreed the car has better PTWR , but my engine was puffing out white smoke for a good part of last 10 days (hint hint) meaning blown engine (fried piston rings or blown headgasket) .. I wasn't even sure if I would make back home driving the car or would I have to get it towed back .. Seriously , the car is back at the garage though today .. Expecting even better things the minute it returns .. With atleast 30% (hopefully) more power .. Thats how strained she was .. This drive was more like a rigidity test for her .. Wanted to blow whatever we could so that we know the weak links ..

And do get your car a new clutch , it needs it ..

Quote:
wait for v1p3rs video/movies where the three balenos and the zen are racing uphill.INSANE!!!
Racing you bet .. Blue baleno has a fried clutch , no tyres .. Silver baleno has a blown engine , zen has no tyres , your car has no clutch either .. Excellent way to race isn't it ?? No one was racing against the other , atleast akshay and me weren't .. I was trying to keep up with akshay to see how underperformed the car was initially and then see if I could pull away (which never happened) and what it will be like in a weeks time .. I do remember that at the last climb someone did mention that the two baleno's (memo's and mine) , tadu's elantra completed the climb in under 5 mins .. This time though it was close to 7 mins .. Not exactly upto pace you see ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
so that we can have an idea of the average speed?
Like i mentioned earlier speeds varied from 30-100 km/hr .. For a climb of about 9-10 kms i guess .. Psycho in the TCed esteem , memo in the vitara and tadu in the elantra claimed to have done the climb in 4:30 mins ..

Quote:
time taken, say, by the leading Balenos
The baleno's were the last to reach .. To the calls of slow coaches by everyone sitting at the breakfast table ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th April 2007 at 19:28.
Old 24th April 2007, 19:50   #182
BHPian

How to overtake a mclaren baleno

Ok, the following sequence is completely fabricated, and has been stitched together.

Now that is out of the way, the real post.

How to overtake a mclaren baleno.
Steps -
1) Watch for mcl in rear view mirror.
2) Important Step - Allow mcl to overtake so that he is in front.
3) Move in to his Slipstream
4) Dab accelerator to overtake.
5) Repeat steps 1 to 4 few times, step 3 is not really required, that is just for fun.
6) When bored, go looking for the RS.

Old 24th April 2007, 19:57   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
How to overtake a mclaren baleno.
Steps -
1) Watch for mcl in rear view mirror.
2) Important Step - Allow mcl to overtake so that he is in front.
3) Move in to his Slipstream
4) Dab accelerator to overtake.
5) Repeat steps 1 to 4 few times, step 3 is not really required, that is just for fun.
6) When bored, go looking for the RS.

YouTube - How to overtake a Mclaren Baleno
.. That was really cool .. Tadu , youtube seems to be screwing up the quality of the video .. It would be really kind of you if you could upload them on rapidshared as well .. I want the high resolution ones ..

And btw , you dont have to do all that to overtake mclaren .. Easier way is buy a diesel turbo with a blue box and have an equally turbocharged mallu behind its wheel .. Its that easy ..
Old 24th April 2007, 19:58   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Was this all that made Jomz sick ??

KP
Old 24th April 2007, 20:14   #185
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Like i mentioned earlier speeds varied from 30-100 km/hr .. For a climb of about 9-10 kms i guess .. Psycho in the TCed esteem , memo in the vitara and tadu in the elantra claimed to have done the climb in 4:30 mins ..
There are some discrepancies here. If the time taken was 4:30 mins over a distance of 9-10 kms, that indicates an *average* speed of over 120 kmph, so top speed would probably have to be 160-180 -- not likely for that stretch. If speeds varied from 30-100 kmph, then avg. speed could have been 70 kmph or so (given that there were not too many sharp turns), so 4:30 mins means a distance of ~5.25 kms. But Tadukuttan's (first) video ran for 5:45 mins, which does not tally with the claimed 4:30 mins -- is the video not in real time? I didn't see the full video, as my network is very slow right now.

Last edited by rks : 24th April 2007 at 20:20.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:21   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
There are some discrepancies here.
Was about to post the same here .. Just saw tadu's video a few secs back .. Reads 5:40 to the hill top .. And rks , if you read carefully I did mention that they claimed that timing .. Not sure asto who measured or timed it .. And the claim of 4:30 came from psycho I guess .. So he will be the best one to answer ..

And it was the baleno's that took about 7 mins to complete the climb ..

Anyways , I dont think any of us here are bothered about the times .. Its just that we all had a ball and thats what is more important .. It is interesting to note that this very climb (not the whole of it) until a couple of years ago used to be utilized for the annual hill climb event hosted by the MAI i guess .. Pity , it doesn't happen anymore ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th April 2007 at 20:23.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:24   #187
BHPian

Quote:
.. That was really cool .. Tadu , Youtube seems to be screwing up the quality of the video .. It would be really kind of you if you could upload them on rapidshared as well .. I want the high resolution ones ..

http://sajanthomas.com/tbhp/mcl.wmv

Old 24th April 2007, 20:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Psycho in the TCed esteem , memo in the vitara and tadu in the elantra claimed to have done the climb in 4:30 mins ....
There you go again...HOW can you ever forget the first car to have reached the summit...my green vtec in under 4:30secs(according to psychos calculations) under conservative driving...!!!

Does anyone have my video???

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th April 2007 at 20:36.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:32   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
There you go again...HOW can you ever forget the first car to have reached the summit...my green vtec in under 4:30secs(according to your calculations) under conservative driving...!!!
Simple !!!! At that point of time we were at the bottom of the hill doing an exclusive baleno photoshoot .. So didn't have much clue about the phus phus esteem or the thoroughbred (with blown headgasket mind you)VTEC or the mallu driven elantra .. And 4:30 wasn't my calculations .. Cant remember who said it , psycho or memo or tadu or you ..

Coming to think of which , ritesh I did see your confirmation reading " I am confirmed with my thoroughbred VTEC" or such thing .. Did you blow the headgasket after this ?? Or you meant that your car was thoroughbred even with the blown headgasket ??

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th April 2007 at 20:39.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:36   #190
Senior - BHPian

Afaik..4:30 was given by tarul for keshavs car.According to hime the 30 secs was for keshav to park,buy ticket and start again.

Wolf which summit are you talking bout...the ticket place or the actual top where your car was parked??
Old 24th April 2007, 20:48   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Why is the MAG always trying to hide something in his pockets or is he playing an individual sport ?

EL,

I'm trying to hide my hands which 10 toes - lest I reveal my true lineage in front of the group.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:50   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Afaik..4:30 was given by tarul for keshavs car.According to hime the 30 secs was for keshav to park,buy ticket and start again.

Wolf which summit are you talking bout...the ticket place or the actual top where your car was parked??
Well Tarul gave me the time (4:30) for the climb till the arch before the parking place, he mentioned that he was timing the run. This was as soon as I caught up with Wolf when Memo let me through 2 bends before the top. Yes the climb was really fast but I never looked at my speedo as I was busy looking out for a place to get past memo which his wide bodied tanker would not let me do. Did most of the climb on the 3rd and my car peaks at 160 on the third.
Old 24th April 2007, 20:55   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Did most of the climb on the 3rd and my car peaks at 160 on the third.
Were you peeking on 3rd ?? Maybe its time for tarul to get a new stop watch .. And where are you logging on from ?? C200 or still at work ??

And all you lovely people who made it to this drive and those who couldn't there is another thread titled Goa National Meet Season - II .. Now that is something YOU DONT WANT TO MISS ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th April 2007 at 20:56.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:04   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Was this all that made Jomz sick ??

KP
That was allegedly this - But then, a doc diagnosed that he was actually food poisoned. Not really the drive, as he said in a PM. Makes me doubt my ability to drive fast, you know, I can't even make a passenger sick.

And in case anybody wants a better version of that climb video, here it is - http://sajanthomas.com/tbhp/nandi-small.wmv.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:14   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

tadu - that video of hill climb of urs was deelish. Great drive. I must say my driving classes to you have paid off.

raghuram - great video, altho I notice torque seriously bottomed out in 3rd gear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed