Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 01:26   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Eh!!!.. My Truck went through that gap without any issues... Its just how good you are at handling Trucks..

Godfather
yours or the oncoming one ???
Old 1st May 2007, 09:15   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
yours or the oncoming one ???
we are talking about a bus that had broken down at a curve. and there was very little space on the left side of the bus to pass through..
Enough for my safari to barely squeeze through it.

Godfather
Old 3rd May 2007, 19:05   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Your truck doesn't need a road at all ..

Anyways , here is another video I managed to upload .. Its the higway cruising ..
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Can someone tell me what software to use to edit certain portions of the clip ?? Windows movie maker doesn't seem to recognize the format .. Its in 3gpp ..
Nice video mclaren. Got cut at 80% twice eating up my free bandwidth limit a lot. Finally managed to get the full version. NICE ONE.

From which car this was shooted (getz? )and who is the one driving the car?
Old 3rd May 2007, 21:24   #289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Nice video mclaren. Got cut at 80% twice eating up my free bandwidth limit a lot. Finally managed to get the full version. NICE ONE.

From which car this was shooted (getz? )and who is the one driving the car?
The video was shot from tadu's elantra .. And thats him driving the car .. There is another video of the descent from my car that Il be putting up shortly ..
Old 9th May 2007, 22:09   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
The Vtec and the baleno were driving head to head on the highway.Watching from Mcl's car we could see the baleno had to fall back coz of a truck in the middle of the road.After that the baleno was ahead of the vtec and i did see it pulling away from the Vtec too.
THe Vtec was faster on the drive though.

Glad you enjoyed the meet!

Binz

Hi,

Aww!! so the truck spoilt the fun eh!! hmm, you know what since we were not running a very high rated and a superb track tyre we were a bit apprehensive abt our braking efficiencies.. the G3's no where comparable to the Advan's... so we were a bit carefull while going to Nandi, also, the wiper blade was not good enough to give us some clear visibility and to be honest we thought you guys were making a video and wanted to capture all the cars so I asked Ritesh to ease off....

On the way back the story seemed to be a bit different, I did see u run with us and this time though there was no truck no nothing and I did see us pull awaaaayyy.. gear to gear till 3rd cuz there after I could see the baleno some 2-3 car lengths behind..

As far as the Rahul's car is concerned well!! it was smoking no second thoughts on that.. but.. whateva...

The OHC Vtec vs the Baleno!!! man!! ain't no comparison.. the former nails the competition!!

Regards,
Shrey

PS: no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, just trying to clarify.
Old 10th May 2007, 11:54   #291
BHPian

Where Is The Oscar Video From C3PO.. Or Is he planning to enter politics?? << False Promises>>
Old 10th May 2007, 12:44   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
The OHC Vtec vs the Baleno!!! man!! ain't no comparison.. the former nails the competition!!
I might be rude this time but not personal:

We need to stop "this car is better that" this has been going on for the last 2 years on this forum and yes remember one thing statements like are the ones that flare people up all over the place and lead people eventually to post out of topic and get personal

Quote:
PS: no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, just trying to clarify.
Yeah in that case the skyline can take everyone out for good, so can the buck stop here for good. It sounds like so much of an afterthought.

This goes for the rest:

Cmon this place is for discussing cars and what we like doing best but not being rude to another's ride for any reason.

And before I am pointed out: I do not support Honda's or Suzuki's I just love cars for what they are, they are like people where no 2 rides can be the same each one has its own idiosyncrasies and habits, love em or hate them it is your choice not something that you force on some body else.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, do you own or drive either on daily basis? Or on track or dragstrip?
Old 10th May 2007, 13:35   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Where Is The Oscar Video From C3PO.. Or Is he planning to enter politics?? << False Promises>>
It's all Mcl's fault. He still hasn't given me Tadu's videos. See, politician in the making, I'm good at passing the buck too!
Old 10th May 2007, 14:12   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
I might be rude this time but not personal:

We need to stop "this car is better that" this has been going on for the last 2 years on this forum and yes remember one thing statements like are the ones that flare people up all over the place and lead people eventually to post out of topic and get personal

Yeah in that case the skyline can take everyone out for good, so can the buck stop here for good. It sounds like so much of an afterthought.

This goes for the rest:

Cmon this place is for discussing cars and what we like doing best but not being rude to another's ride for any reason.

And before I am pointed out: I do not support Honda's or Suzuki's I just love cars for what they are, they are like people where no 2 rides can be the same each one has its own idiosyncrasies and habits, love em or hate them it is your choice not something that you force on some body else.

Rightly said psycho!!! Come on guys we are all grown ups lets stop this CAR\COCK FIGHT. Lets share in what we have and enjoy the WORLD OF CARS, for we are all here for the love for CARS......

Balenos are great in their own way and so are the Legendary OHC VTECs everyone loves both of them for one reason or the other.
And god we dint have a race or something to talk about whose pulled away first???did we?? no body drove to the limit of the car or the driver,did we???, lets cut it off here guys!!
Old 10th May 2007, 17:41   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It's all Mcl's fault. He still hasn't given me Tadu's videos. See, politician in the making, I'm good at passing the buck too!
Eh you came home 10 times after the drive .. Couldn't you remember to pick it up even once ?? Bloody politician in the making .. And its NOT my fault ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho
love em or hate them it is your choice not something that you force on some body else.
JAI HO Uncle ki ..

Well I shall be going to Nandi Hills tomorrow morning for a drive .. Should be fun ..
Old 10th May 2007, 17:51   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
its NOT my fault ..
Sounds familiar...

Old 10th May 2007, 21:09   #298
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Originally Posted by binz
After that the baleno was ahead of the vtec and i did see it pulling away from the Vtec too

ahem!! ahem!! Its not me who started the OHC vs Baleno cock fight.. I ain't ever game for that!!

What struck me was to see a fellow member quote utter nonsense!!

What is the harm in admitting facts!!

Hell, If I ain't agreeing to something I would rather have my doubts clarified rather that speaking something which is incorrect...

I have been a silent observer on this forum reason being there are too many people here who are ALL SHOW AND NO GO!! hence I dont generally post, but how can I resist myself from posting when I see that fellow members are sharing stuff which ain't true at all and that too when the incident involved me...

Apologies if I disturbed the serenity of the forum here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you own or drive either on daily basis? Or on track or dragstrip?
Its not necessary to OWN a car to KNOW a car, there ain't a track or a dragstrip here where I could prolly drive daily or else I would have been GLAD to have all the doubts clarified not once but many a times to many a people..

However, any smartie can make out that a car with a weight of 985kgs and 106BHP (STOCK FORM) will be faster/quicker than a car which weighs 975kgs but with 94/91 BHP (STOCK FORM) CUZ OF SOMETHING CALLED PWTR AND THE FORMER HAVING A "VTEC". So ideally how can the latter pull away from the former if it were pulling gear to gear??

Please guys,If there is something else I am unaware of please enlighten me.
I did't want to rage a war here though.

Regards,

Shrey
Old 10th May 2007, 21:37   #299
Team-BHP Support

Watch it fellows! We don't want another Honda vs. Suzuki battle here. Will be left with no option, but, to lock the thread. Restrict your posts to experiences on the drive to Nandi Hills.
Old 10th May 2007, 21:48   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498
there are too many people here who are ALL SHOW AND NO GO!!
Yes sir there are a lot of us , good that you dont belong to them ..

Quote:
What struck me was to see a fellow member quote utter nonsense!!
Its not utter nonsense .. I was a witness to this too .. There was a truck that blocked binz's baleno unless you were blind ..

Quote:
and that too when the incident involved me...
Stop making it look like you were driving wolf's car ..

Quote:
Apologies if I disturbed the serenity of the forum here!!
Looks like you aren't sorry .. If not you wouldn't bring about this VTEC is GOD topic again and again ..

Quote:
Its not necessary to OWN a car to KNOW a car
Can you explain to me how many times you have driven Ritesh's car ?? Or any VTEC for that matter ?? In terms of hrs or kms ?? Common sense would say drive a car before mouthing off about it ..

Quote:
any smartie can make out that a car with a weight of 985kgs and 106BHP (STOCK FORM) will be faster/quicker than a car which weighs 975kgs but with 94/91 BHP (STOCK FORM)
Possible .. Bad driver , burnt clutch or a blown headgasket .. And neither of the cars were stock .. 1.5 exi with more power is slower than a baleno .. How come ?? Maybe I am stupid ..

Quote:
CUZ OF SOMETHING CALLED PWTR
Some new term you invented ?? I always thought it was PTWR (power to weight ratio) ..

Quote:
"VTEC"
Unfortunately the baleno's dont have this god sent gift you guys have ..

Quote:
the G3's no where comparable to the Advan's..
So a non-vtec car can be comparable to a VTEC car , but GIII's cannot be compared to Neova's ?? Get your facts right , my car was running Neova's .. You are the one whose shouting off his mouth at everything .. Incase you didn't know neova's on a baleno unless its really quick will slow it down ..

As the organizer of the event I dont wish to see fights over stupid things such as this .. Cut it out .. If you want to prove the greatness of the VTEC do so here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-balenos.html

PS : Mods , sorry for this post .. But lets state facts here .. What binz said IS TRUE .. I request you guys to lock this thread until I upload further videos ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th May 2007 at 21:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks