BHPian

Re: Team-BHP meet in the Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Hope I’m not late to the party. If there is a spot I would like to join
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
It is approx 50 km from my residence.

I would like to meet all during below timeslot. Would be driving from near hilversum.

10.00 11.15 Gather at the Schildkamp, Asperen for meet, koffie en gebak

Hope the train is yet to leave to be able to catch this part.

Cheers
Add your names to the list guys ; and if you're only visiting for the first meet / greet , mention that in the list too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
As we now have potentially some 12 people joining in total, for now it will be difficult to add any more to the group. Reservations are made for 12. I am also not to keen to take too many cars on all these little roads. We will have abattoir with the cyclists and pedestrians.

If you are still keen to join, let me know, send me your email and mobile phone number by PM. Closer to the 26th we will make the list final. There might be some late last minute cancellations etc.

Jeroen
Is it possible to add another table to the reservation later, in case the numbers go above 12 ? I tried to check the website but i'm only able to make a reservation for lunch ( 12:00 PM onwards )

Quite surprised and pleased by the response! Didn't know we had so many members in the NL itself. Looking forward to this meet
SuperBee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 01:33   #47
BHPian

Hello Superbee,

I would like to just pay a short visit and leave. A good chance to meet fellow BHPians. Won't stay with the group till late due to other plans later in the noon.

All this only if the place allows such visits, else some other day.

Jeroen RIC: mail id and number sent by PM.

Thanks.
Old 15th June 2021, 01:51   #48

Folks, my India travel is finally confirmed and won't be able to make it for this meet unfortunately. Enjoy the meet up, have fun and post some nice pics later!
Old 18th June 2021, 19:26   #49
BHPian

Which list are you referring to? Look forward to the meet as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Add your names to the list guys ; and if you're only visiting for the first meet / greet , mention that in the list too

Quite surprised and pleased by the response! Didn't know we had so many members in the NL itself. Looking forward to this meet
Old 19th June 2021, 11:52   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
This is where we are today: I have received details from the following folks:

carthick1000
govindremesh
UP!!!!
SuperBee
the_real_slager + 1
avinash_clt + 1
Kraftwagen
Sindabad.sailor

I have not received details from Deepak and Stratos, so I am not counting on you guys.

Govindremesh will join the party later, and Sindabad.sailor will only join at the starting point. But it means we will be 11-12 people already, 10 cars. If for whatever reason you can’t make it, do let me know please!

I will have to make a small modification to the GPX file. I will send it out in the next couple of days, including some more details on the route and location.

It is still a week out, but the weather forecast looks decent enough. I am a little worried about having to take 10 cars though. Parking in Buren is a real problem.

As I mentioned before, it would be great if some people could pool. That does mean going back to the starting point afterwards. About 30-35 minutes.

I was going to take my Spider, but I would be happy to take 3 people in either my Jaguar or Mercedes W123. If anybody wants to come along with me, let me know.

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 19th June 2021 at 11:54.
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 15:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:

As I mentioned before, it would be great if some people could pool. That does mean going back to the starting point afterwards. About 30-35 minutes.
I will be coming in model 3 and could also take 3 persons.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 16:07   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
I will be coming in model 3 and could also take 3 persons.
A short clip of the ludicrous mode in action + the reactions please!

Have a safe and fun trip gentlemen.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 17:00   #53
BHPian

Update: while the personal appointment I originally had still stands on 26 that's not easy to change, Its now confirmed that my vaccine will be on 25th and my wife's will be on 27th.
I guess I have to move my status from 'tentative' to 'declined' unfortunately. Have a nice meetup guys and do share photos!
dileepcm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 00:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A short clip of the ludicrous mode in action + the reactions please!
AFAIK, Ludicrous mode is only available with Tesla model S. However there is a Tesla model 3 AWD performance which can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.5s.

Having said that, mine is the entry level standard range plus which does 0-100kmph in 5.3s. Still the electric torque is addictive. Will try to make a video during the meet if some bhp-ians are enthusiastic about it.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 20th June 2021 at 00:09.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 00:47   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Having said that, mine is the entry level standard range plus which does 0-100kmph in 5.3s.
Not trying to be smug here;

My Jaguar with its 4.0L Supercharged V8 will leave you behind and it will sound much, much better. You won’t see for me dust in the far distant when we both keep the pedal to the metal, and I will be pushing way past 260 km/h.

Petrol rules! Certainly in a V8! (OK, I admit, this is me being very smug, but I love my Jaguar V8!!)

Just to bring us down to earth; The average speed on our tour will be around 30 km/h! My V8 hardly ticking over.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 01:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol rules! Certainly in a V8! (OK, I admit, this is me being very smug, but I love my Jaguar V8!!)

Just to bring us down to earth; The average speed on our tour will be around 30 km/h!

Speed limits and surprise speed controls rule the Dutch village roads. We will all keep within legal limits for sure.
Old 20th June 2021, 16:15   #57
BHPian

While I'll be coming in my BMW 3 series but I will not mind parking it and switching places in Jeroen's Jaguar (whenever I feel urge to hear V8 roaring) and carthick1000's Tesla (If I need to do meditation).

It can only be possible if I can get a place for (safe) parking and obviously if you're fine with it.
Old 20th June 2021, 23:53   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP!!!! View Post
While I'll be coming in my BMW 3 series but I will not mind parking it and switching places in Jeroen's Jaguar (whenever I feel urge to hear V8 roaring) and carthick1000's Tesla (If I need to do meditation).

It can only be possible if I can get a place for (safe) parking and obviously if you're fine with it.
That will be fine. It is perfectly safe to park in front of the Schildkamp. Alternatively, you come to my home and leave your car there.

Br Jeroen
Old 21st June 2021, 01:21   #59
BHPian

Quote:
It is still a week out, but the weather forecast looks decent enough. I am a little worried about having to take 10 cars though. Parking in Buren is a real problem.
Are we planning to park here in Buren? I can navigate to this place directly since I will join all of you in Buren.

Parkeerterrein
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Xh54ihmXmnXGsnG9

To set expectations, my attendance is dependent on the assumption that I don't develop a severe reaction to the vaccine which I take on the same day morning. I'm told that if nothing happens in the first 15 minutes, I should be ok for next 5-9 hours before the normal side effects (slight fever, tiredness) kick in.

My ride will be a 5 seater e-car (Most probably a Nissan Leaf) so I'm happy to have 3 people in the car.
Old 21st June 2021, 01:27   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
Are we planning to park here in Buren? I can navigate to this place directly since I will join all of you in Buren.
Yes, this is the very car park in the route. However, as we have 10-12 cars potentially I will add another car park. We pass it on the route and it is even nearer to our lunch location. It is along the onderdreef. It is not shown as a parking place on Google Map, but it is!
On a nice day, Buren gets busy, it is a small town.

Quote:
To set expectations, my attendance is dependent on the assumption that I don't develop a severe reaction to the vaccine which I take on the same day morning. I'm told that if nothing happens in the first 15 minutes, I should be ok for next 5-9 hours before the normal side effects (slight fever, tiredness) kick in.
You never know. Neither my wife or I had any side effects on both first and second shot. But you can’t tell up front. Just text me, if you can’t make me.

Quote:
My ride will be a 5 seater e-car (Most probably a Nissan Leaf) so I'm happy to have 3 people in the car.
Thanks. Up to the others if they want to pool. You will need to drive back to Buren and who ever joins you will need to leave their car in Buren. Not a problem. Leaving a car in Buren, or at the starting point in Asperen is perfectly safe.

UP!! is coming along with me, so I have space for two more. And whoever joins me can park at my home.

I still think car pooling would a good idea and have people rotate. You get to spend some time with each other, you still get to enjoy the road, My main concern is having 10-12 cars on these little country roads. Sometimes people get fed up. The odd car tends to be not a problem, neither a few car. But when you need to stand aside in the grass, with your bicycle and kids to let 12 cars pass, people might be getting a little less courteous. I have planned the route along many small rural roads, where I don’t expect too many cyclist or pedestrian. But we will be travelling on some roads where it will be busy with them for a few kilometers, can’t be avoided.

I have never had any problems, but that was also driving classic cars. People tend to be more foregiving for a bunch of classic cars making their way, then a steady stream of modern cars.

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 21st June 2021 at 01:33.
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks