Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP meet in the Netherlands

Creating this thread to plan & organize a Team-BHP meet in the Netherlands.
For the purpose of finding a convenient date/time & location, please respond with your availability & preference of meeting location .

I am available during weekends (except 19 & 20 June), and prefer to meet at a place that's within 100 KM from Rotterdam.

Who else would like to join?
govindremesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 14:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP meet in the Netherlands

Thanks for the initiative Govind, much appreciated.

Would be good to meet up

I have no preference for a particular day or weekend.

Anywhere in the Netherlands would suit me fine. If some of you are interested in seeing the Betuwe, we can set up something here in Gelderland. I have some interesting routes we could explore.

Looking forward to be hearing from all the others

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 16:13   #3
BHPian

Thank you for the initiative govindremesh. I am up for it.

As Jeroen mentioned, Betuwe/Gelderland is a good choice and we could explore the routes. The landscape of betuwe is also very beautiful.

Other locations anywhere in NL is also fine. Weekends preferable, but I also have some days off planned between June 18-27. So those days are also fine.

Cheers,
Karthik
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 12:18   #4
BHPian

You folks are making me Green with envy. I lived there for three years before moving to Canada. I still consider The Netherlands to be home and I miss it terribly.

Enjoy; and Dag!
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 13:54   #5
BHPian

Count me in as well for the meet. I'm up for any weekends (except 5th and 6th June). I haven't explored Netherlands yet (landed in Feb'20 just before Covid-19 ), so location doesn't really matter to me.

Regards,
Upendra
UP!!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:52   #6
BHPian

I'm in for a meetup as well. Any weekend after 20 June could work for me. Location also doesn't really matter.
deepakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 15:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Would be good to meet up
Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
I am up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP!!!! View Post
Count me in as well for the meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakc View Post
I'm in for a meetup as well.
Thanks for your response! We are a group already

Given everyone's preferences, I would like to propose 26th of June (Saturday) for our meetup. Since everyone is flexible with the location let's meet in Betuwe/Gelderland. I'm unfamiliar with the area, so I request everyone to pitch in with ideas if there's anything specific you all would like to see/do on the day.

@Jeroen Perhaps you could suggest a meeting point and a time for us, to get started?
govindremesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 16:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

the 26th it is!!

I suggest we meet up somewhere near our home in Spijk, say around 11-1200 hours. It is just North of of Gorinchem, on the prettiest and the longest river in the Netherlands, de Linge.

Basically, look for the A27/A15 intersection. There are several good hotels around. Depending on how things develop we might even start from our home.

We do need to check for what Corona restrictions (and possibly weather) we are facing. I imagine most places would be open, but there might be restrictions on how many people they can accommodate and so on.

I can have a nice route along the Betuwe ready. I will include a place for a stop and a lunch. I am thinking of the little village of Buren. Very pretty, old walled village, we can walk around a bit, have a bit of lunch. Then we continue our drive.

We can build a few other things in the route too; We will be nearby the Miniature Car model museum of my good friend Berndt. More than 7000 miniature cars on display. In a tiny, tiny museum. I would need to arrange with Berndt as he normally opens only on a Sunday. But he often receives car clubs and he has helped me out before on one of our Spider drives.

https://www.minidome.nl/home%20engels.html

We could end the day at some venue/restaurant before everybody goes home again.

An other interesting and nice place could be Heusden, just south of the Betuwe.

Just for thoughts, this is the route I build for my Spider friends last year. It needs changing anyway as some of the roads and dikes will be closed for maintenance.

Team-BHP meet in the Netherlands-screenshot-20210601-1.00.43-pm.png

Whatever route we decide I will provide a GPX file so you can download it into your navigations system / phone.

Let me know your thoughts on the above, what do you guys think about a visit to the Minidome. Any other types of places you would like to see.

We have of course, not too far, but its further south, ER classics:

https://www.erclassics.com

(Obviously, if you ask me for “car stuff” to do it is going to be around classic cars!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 17:23   #9
BHPian

Thanks Jeroen, I like this plan! I've not been to any of the places you have mentioned, so the more places we visit, the better!
Old 1st June 2021, 17:57   #10
BHPian

26th is fine!

Thanks for the plan Jeroen. Seems to be a pretty nice route, of which I have only driven a very small part of it before and while visiting someone. Good that you mentioned Spijk north of Gorinchem and on the banks of Linge. There are 2 more Spijk's (Pronounced as Spike.) in NL AFAIK.

I am okay with both miniature museum as well as ER classics. Given I got a good dosage on ER classics via Jeroen's thread recently, miniature museum it is. Also falls enroute. Buren is something I wanted to visit some day. Good that it falls in the radar. Looking at the minidome website, I think it is a nice and cozy place to visit.

I guess the route plan is in the ballpark of 100-150kms and that should be well within my range planning (EV woes ). I will figure that out.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 1st June 2021 at 18:15.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 18:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
I guess the route plan is in the ballpark of 100-150kms and that should be well within my range planning (EV woes ). I will figure that out.
I'll give you company in range anxiety and a plan to tackle it, since I most probably will be renting an EV with a range of 250-300 KM (I don't own a car)
govindremesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 18:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

I would love to join as well if France allows us to enter!
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:20   #13
BHPian

Sorry guys.
I am late here! Let me say tentative for now due to some personal reasons. However I will try my best.
dileepcm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:53   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I am meeting Berndt this Thursday. He is coming round as we have to fix the starter motor on one of his car. I will check if he can receive us on the 26th and I will plan something along the lines as I described earlier.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:28   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, just so we know how big our group is likely to be:

Could you let me know if you would be coming by yourself, or whether you might bring somebody else, (partner, friend, kids)

Thanks
Br Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks