Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 19:19   #31
BHPian

Here are few pics, sorry for the quality as it was taken on a basic phone camera.

Manson caught first time on camera with a helmet on :-)

Manson in his riding pose

The rides, Manson's Thunderace, Veyron's naked ZMA and my 180UG3.

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 14th May 2007 at 19:23.
Old 14th May 2007, 22:58   #32
Team-BHP Support

guys, i realised i had my cam in the bag only once i got home.
Rt, the deal was to avoid the heat on the ride back, and thats what we exactly did
And yes, veyron was kind of well behaved this time.

manson.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:49   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
Veyron's naked ZMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
should have another meet/ride soon...one more before the monsoons spoil the party..
Geez , we could try this once I have the red torque monster .. But that would mean you will have to ride to bangy .. As a complementary package will throw in free transport to the tracks too .. Both for you and the beast ..
Old 15th May 2007, 20:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
Ehh?? I'm always well-behaved...I just remembered the route this time..

@mclaren; Ahh, mylad...I might take you up on that sooner than you think...and I'd be hitting the tracks on not just two wheels, mind you...

Better pics and (my) detailed report'll be up soon...and guzzlerji, we'll go to those hills next time around...
Old 15th May 2007, 20:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
guzzlerji, we'll go to those hills next time around...
Anytime my friend, but make it before the monsoons as they close the road due to land slides.

Cheers!!!
Old 20th May 2007, 15:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I know this report is, well, late. My comp's up and about, finally, & today's the latest chance I've had to pin a write-up. So here goes the third & final instalment of the report...

One thing I love about the wee hours of the day- you get traffic free roads to ride/drive on. So there I was, by 5:15 at Malad, ringing Manmeetay. I assumed by his gruff note that he'd just woken up, still unsure about the ride; I prodded the inner biker within our Acer, and lo...confirmed to meet up at BKC by 6:00. Our dear Kishoreji was already up and about, and we were good to go.

Already at BKC by 5:45, I was greeted by really happy mosquitoes. Too bored to relieve their souls, I decided to occupy myself with some tasteful photography. Behold...

After this, I twiddled thumbs for the rest of the 24 minutes & 35.56 seconds.

Heard a distant roar by the time I finally decided to end some of the wretched mosquitoes' lives. Lucky chaps. The Acer arrived, and we were off to Panvel, to meet up with Guzzlerji. En route, we met up a Ford Ikon 1.6, with a real "Josh"-ila driver. Went completely bonkers after hearing the exhaust of the Thunderace roar past. The "Josh" walla blipped, downshifted, and raced along...of course, his kid was more than happy seeing the Ace, jumping around in the rear seat. He kept up with us till the palm beach road, where both the Josh machines went full click, and I was left trotting behind...

Finally, we reached Panvel. There was Guzzlerji, relaxing outside McD's. Quick exchange of greetings, and we started dicussing our destination. Suddenly, a couple of guys popped up asking our Acer for autographs...and we're like...hain...?? Then we figure out that they are fellow bikers, and wanna take pics of the Ace...!! After the adolation and pic session, Kishoreji mentioned a couple of SBK's zooming past while he was waiting for us, assuming it was the Xbhpians headed to Lonavala. I was more than ready to follow 'em, but sirjee's health wasn't permitting, so we dropped the idea; which eventually turned out to be a good thing, as the soaring temperatures would have sucked the engines dry. Expanded valves, tightening tappets, thinner oil, lesser lubrication, hot air induction, more detonation up the revs, feeble clutch, incorrect fuelling....few of the adverse effects of riding/driving in the sun..aargh..

So we headed out to Karjat, with the Ace leading the way. Guzzlerji kept me company. The ride was nice and smooth, except for a few sweeping corners which were too hot; took them at 110 clicks+, which caused heavy banking whilst apexing, and footpeg scraping. Manson was waiting for us at the Karjat bypass. Things were better once we were off the highway to the bypass, where minimal traffic and tight curves demanded more reflexes than outright speed. Downshifting before entry helped, but me and Guzzler were apprehensive about apexing as were on MRF's. Besides, the roads had a mild streak of dew on it. Dew, or a layer of muck thanks to the water tankers.

After 10-15 minutes of intensive riding, we reached the usual dhaba. Ordered grub (pretty reasonable, I must say), and sat down for some chitchat. After hogging the food came the pic gala. Here're the results.

Ready, Steady, ka-booooooommm.......nai?

The trio.....

Mirror, mirror on the wall..who has the sexiest rump of them all...

And after the photosession, guzzlerji threw up the idea of going to these scenic hills in Khargar, with nice (and twisty) roads. Since it was already about 8:00 and we all were already kinda late, postponed that plan as well.

Geared up, and rode back pretty much the same way we rode in. Except for the road/air conditions, which were hotter. Guzzlerji bid us farewell on the Panvel route, and me and manson rode back to BKC in medium traffic, where Manson & I headed off to our respective homes. And oh yes- managed to stumble into Dippy at Kandivali on my way back. He was testing the SX4...and by the look on his face, I'm guessing he likes the car...

Here's looking forward to the next one..
Old 21st May 2007, 00:01   #37
Team-BHP Support

To the next one . . .

manson.
Old 26th May 2007, 01:24   #38
BHPian

Ok boys im heading to MANOR on sunday 27th may.....have 5-6 bikes for company including a cbr 400......anybody wants to join me lemme know.....
Old 26th May 2007, 02:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Superb. And the cee-bee-aar is from our drags, right? Will meet y'all up. Fill in the details...timings, meet up, etc..
Old 19th July 2016, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Re: Sunday, 13th May - Mumbai Bike Ride -- Amby Valley

Knocking on Old thread.
Any Active Mumbai Tbhpians riding for breakfast nearby on weekends?
Looking forward to join like-minded folks on short weekend rides. Any leads will be helpful.
Thanks,
Amit
Old 13th September 2016, 13:46   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by julyone_modi View Post
Knocking on Old thread.
Thank you for bumping this thread, brought back plenty of fond memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julyone_modi View Post
Knocking on Old thread.
Any Active Mumbai Tbhpians riding for breakfast nearby on weekends?
There are plenty of Sunday morning riding groups active in the Mumbai / Navi Mumbai areas. Most of these groups ride to various joints on the Igatpuri, Charoti and Lonavala routes usually covering 200 - 300 kms over a round trip.
I am far from active / regular on the Sunday morning rides for the past few years but do end up riding out once in every couple of months.
A sure shot way to get around this is starting small and riding with a couple of friends. Over the season you would have met atleast a few like minded folks over either of the above mentioned routes.
Highly recommend you browse through the following thread to acquire a brief protocol to adhere when you start doing group rides
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ty-issues.html
Old 15th September 2016, 11:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Thank you for bumping this thread, brought back plenty of fond memories.

There are plenty of Sunday morning riding groups active in the Mumbai / Navi Mumbai areas. Most of these groups ride to various joints on the Igatpuri, Charoti and Lonavala routes usually covering 200 - 300 kms over a round trip.
I am far from active / regular on the Sunday morning rides for the past few years but do end up riding out once in every couple of months.
A sure shot way to get around this is starting small and riding with a couple of friends. Over the season you would have met atleast a few like minded folks over either of the above mentioned routes.
Highly recommend you browse through the following thread to acquire a brief protocol to adhere when you start doing group rides
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ty-issues.html
Thanks Mason,
Was quite active rider in Bangalore. Seems Mumbai has made me Lazy. Have to start riding now.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, planning to start riding this month. Even the bike registration is now changed and expecting MH number soon, will clear legal issues.
Do give a shout if any Team-BHP ride happens anytime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks